Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Do you have a link?

Not to a backup of one set up but here's a link to the image.

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/pkteam-images-alien2/101319-pkt-5-4-alien2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭championc

What's the best image for this box nowadays. My box has not been updated since last year and could do with a refresh.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

What's the best image for this box nowadays. My box has not been updated since last year and could do with a refresh.

If you really must, vix4 project seems like a nice image, great site., good videos, good reports.
    http://www.vix4projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?447-AMIKO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

deezell wrote: »
    If you really must, vix4 project seems like a nice image, great site., good videos, good reports.

Wow, that looks lovely. I might give that a go.

Flashed the latest version of this but it wont boot

Scratch that, got it to boot by removing the USB ext3 hard drive

• Advertisement

That Vix4 is a lovely image but the terrestrial tuner is set to DVB-C, is there a way to get it find Saorview channels

That Vix4 is a lovely image but the terrestrial tuner is set to DVB-C, is there a way to get it find Saorview channels

Set it to DVB-T and scan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Set it to DVB-T and scan.

its the unionconfigtype to terretrial after you do that set the aerial to your saorview region and also in the autobuqetsmaker then scan

Nowso wrote: »
    its the unionconfigtype to terretrial after you do that set the aerial to your saorview region and also in the autobuqetsmaker then scan

That's sorted it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭oconnorw

Hot to fit an internal hdd in Sab unix triple hd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Are the amiko a2 any use

Got a price of 280 supply and fit

oconnorw wrote: »
    Hot to fit an internal hdd in Sab unix triple hd

Remove front card reader to make space, disconnect front usb and connect internally.fix hdd with cable ties, glue gun. Discussed here about 2 weeks ago. Not worth the hassle tbh. Post #6505

Joe Hill wrote: »
    Are the amiko a2 any use
    Got a price of 280 supply and fit

Sure they're handy enough, once you get the hang of them. 280 includes dish, saorview aerial and cabling I assume. Fair price if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

quick question.
    is it possible to connect to an enigma box 2 miles away thru dcc

quick question.
    is it possible to connect to an enigma box 2 miles away thru dcc

Yes. Port forward ports 21 Ftp and 23 Telnet on your router to the box. Use the router external ip to connect. You can connect from anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Yes. Port forward ports 21 Ftp and 23 Telnet on your router to the box. Use the router external ip to connect. You can connect from anywhere in the world.

hey thanks for that, i did a bit of searching and it would be too complicated for the user to access the router and probably for me too haha

hey thanks for that, i did a bit of searching and it would be too complicated for the user to access the router and probably for me too haha

Tap a friend who knows how if you can think of someone. Similar to porting for streaming outside the home.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Has anyone got a link to a working rte player plugin for AA2 E2?

pod2011 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to a working rte player plugin for AA2 E2?

Curious. My rte player plugin is green screening tonight. Trouble free for years. Reboot not solving it.

on demand plugin coming up as unable to find playable stream , must be a format change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Any link to newest on demand plugin?

pod2011 wrote: »
    Any link to newest on demand plugin?

not much point if its not working aswell atm

have to wait n see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Anyone running a HDMU image?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Curious. My rte player plugin is green screening tonight. Trouble free for years. Reboot not solving it.

My Hyperion V4.5 also green screened yesterday after a long time, first green screen since I installed it. I wonder would there be any point in reinstalling V4.5?

cyndale wrote: »
    My Hyperion V4.5 also green screened yesterday after a long time, first green screen since I installed it. I wonder would there be any point in reinstalling V4.5?

5.5 was released in the last few days. May as well set up the latest if your going to be installing from scratch.

That vix4 is a very good image. 10 days with it and I'm not having any major issues. I've it all setup with the MK service name picons, it looks great. Timeshift throws up an error when I enable it though, I'm hoping a future update fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That vix4 is a very good image. 10 days with it and I'm not having any major issues. I've it all setup with the MK service name picons, it looks great. Timeshift throws up an error when I enable it though, I'm hoping a future update fixes it.

Time shift works fine for me in vix. Took a little configuring though.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Time shift works fine for me in vix. Took a little configuring though.

It works for a time, them throws up an error that the file is already created

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Im finding that there's no plugins being provided at the moment with the Vix4.

It just sayings downloading list and then nothing. Anyone else experience this with the image?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I have one of these boxes for sale if interested.running fresh pots hyp 4.5 with sly skin.rock solid image.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement