Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

RAI is the Italian tv service so I doubt if that's doing anything for you. OpenTV astra 28.2 is the correct setting. What issues are you having with it? If the box is failing to download EPG data check you have two working satellite feeds.

Hi,
    I *think* it is working as yesterday there was no SaorView EPG expect now/next. Overnight the RAI script ran and this morning there was a fuller-looking EPG.

OpenATV feed: That might be my porblem - I only have 1 satellite feed and one soarview feed with the 3rd tuner set to "noting connected".

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

jleavy046 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I *think* it is working as yesterday there was no SaorView EPG expect now/next. Overnight the RAI script ran and this morning there was a fuller-looking EPG.

OpenATV feed: That might be my porblem - I only have 1 satellite feed and one soarview feed with the 3rd tuner set to "noting connected".

Joe
    With only one sat feed you must disable Tuner C or whichever one is not connected to ensure it uses the connected one for EPG download. Configure cross to use open Tv astra 28.2, Hit download. Saorview populates its own EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and got recommended Vix4. Well I flashed it and it's amazing

http://www.vix4projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?459-Amiko-Alien-2

Can i ask a question(s)
    1. Does it run autobouquets
    2. Can you put the Sly Skin on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

As deezell mentions, Saorview is a different system and should fill up after a few seconds once you select an Irish channel. Disable the unused satellite tuner or crossEPG will try to use it and fail to find anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

OK, that will be my mission for the weekend so!

I see lots of people talking about ViX - I minght give it a run out on my second box over the weekend if I'm in the mood for a challenge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Tefral wrote: »
    Can i ask a question(s)
    1. Does it run autobouquets
    2. Can you put the Sly Skin on it

Yes, autobouquets is in plugins, just download it. It comes with a bouquet maker built in but I prefer autobouquets.
    The Sly skin is the default skin

jleavy046 wrote: »
    OK, that will be my mission for the weekend so!

I see lots of people talking about ViX - I minght give it a run out on my second box over the weekend if I'm in the mood for a challenge!
    That's the trouble with these things. You can easily end up spending more time 'watching the box' rather than watching TV :D

Someday soon we may see a new AA (Amikos Anonymous) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

Hi,

I'm trying to update my SAB box with the latest Vix4 image, but I'm running into problems.

I've downloaded version 009 and updated the box with it via the Spark plugin utility. Now when I boot up the box into enigma2, the Vix4 splash screen flashes and then hangs.

Any idea what could be going wrong? I can update back to my previously backed up image without any problems.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Do you have an external hdd attached? I'd the same issue with my when switching to vix and disconnecting the hdd and rebooted did the trick. You can reconnect it once it has successfully started once.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

try installing the vix4 image through the boot force method .

it can be tricky to boot 1st time but then boots fine

• Advertisement

tnegun wrote: »
    Do you have an external hdd attached? I'd the same issue with my when switching to vix and disconnecting the hdd and rebooted did the trick. You can reconnect it once it has successfully started once.

That was it. thanks!

Next problem ... for some reason, it is setting the DVB-T tuner to be DVB-C.

Is there a way to configure this correctly?

cian_r wrote: »
    Next problem ... for some reason, it is setting the DVB-T tuner to be DVB-C.

Is there a way to configure this correctly?

go into uniontype cofig in set up change cable to terrestrial then reboot

set your saorview region in the tuner and then in autobouqetsmaker

move terrestrial to bottom in providers list

I hadnt done a back up of Vix4 2.2.009 enigma2 since loading the new rte player so have done one now

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

all you need to do is change your soarview area on tuner + autobouqetsmaker

enter your connection details

set up your epg etc

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and got recommended Vix4. Well I flashed it and it's amazing

Brilliant, thanks for that, I appreciate it! I'll flash it tonight and see how it runs.

Digidol wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks for that, I appreciate it! I'll flash it tonight and see how it runs.

the backup i posted is that image with the updated rte player plugin

Nowso wrote: »
    I hadnt done a back up of Vix4 2.2.009 enigma2 since loading the new rte player so have done one now

set up your epg etc

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

the backup i posted is that image with the updated rte player plugin

OK I've flashed a fresh image of Vix and I'm liking it so far, one quick question, can I change the buttons on the remote control for channel selection? At the moment when I press the OK button it brings up the info bar but I'd rather it brought up the channel selection screen, like I had on PKT, can this be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

set up your epg etc

I've two SAB boxes in the house, 1 for Saorview and FTA and the other for the other channels.

I've tried the Vix image a while back and had no luck with getting the EPG to work on the Saorview /FTA box when using the terrestrial tuner. It would work fine on just the FTA channels.

Will this latest image work ok for just Saorview and FTA channels.
    Will the epg download properly etc.
    Will the FTA channels auto update with autoboquets.
    Will recordings on my existing HDD still be viewable with the new image.

On the other box I assume I should have no problems, I have all 3 tuners connected and I do use the terrestrial tuner quite a bit.

I dont really use autoboquets as I like to make my own with the ITV channels in there also, or can I use autoboquets and still have all the ITV channels in there.

I'm using hyperion 4.5 at the minute on both and while I find it good, it's sometimes a bit slow and freezes from time to time

Thanks

I've two SAB boxes in the house, 1 for Saorview and FTA and the other for the other channels.

I've tried the Vix image a while back and had no luck with getting the EPG to work on the Saorview /FTA box when using the terrestrial tuner. It would work fine on just the FTA channels.

Will this latest image work ok for just Saorview and FTA channels.
    Will the epg download properly etc.
    Will the FTA channels auto update with autoboquets.
    Will recordings on my existing HDD still be viewable with the new image.

On the other box I assume I should have no problems, I have all 3 tuners connected and I do use the terrestrial tuner quite a bit.

I dont really use autoboquets as I like to make my own with the ITV channels in there also, or can I use autoboquets and still have all the ITV channels in there.

I'm using hyperion 4.5 at the minute on both and while I find it good, it's sometimes a bit slow and freezes from time to time

Thanks
    Saorview will populate the Saorview channels epg once you select any saorview channel. By FTA I assume you mean satellite FTA, BBC etc. If have not got both satellite tuners connected to the dish then you must disable the unused one in service setup or the epg won't download from the satellite as it tries to use the spare tuner. You have three tuners connected on the problem free box, what about the other?

• Advertisement

deezell wrote:
    Saorview will populate the Saorview channels epg once you select any saorview channel. By FTA I assume you mean satellite FTA, BBC etc. If have not got both satellite tuners connected to the dish then you must disable the unused one in service setup or the epg won't download from the satellite as it tries to use the spare tuner. You have three tuners connected on the problem free box, what about the other?

3 tuners connected on both

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I've been running PKTeam Hyperion 4.5 on my AA2 for the last 2 years without any major issues, are there any other newer images worth checking out that people would recommend? I'm very capable with this box and have back ups made before I mess about with it, was just wondering if anything newer performs better. Thanks!

I'm running Hyperion 5.5 at the moment so I will be putting up a backup soon if I think its worth an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

OK I've flashed a fresh image of Vix and I'm liking it so far, one quick question, can I change the buttons on the remote control for channel selection? At the moment when I press the OK button it brings up the info bar but I'd rather it brought up the channel selection screen, like I had on PKT, can this be changed?
    +1 on this if anyone finds a way in the meantime pressing up or down will work and display the channel list.

Another issue I just solved tonight for the other half is the EPG data was missing on reboot/start up I just configured the "Force EPG to reload on boot" option and the EPG data is there from start up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yeah I had this issue but having other boxes Alien 1 and Wetek that run Vix I left it and got used to it as this is the default Vix layout. The missus is used to it now too. It's actually a better layout as you can either press ok or info for two different size guides like the sky skin on a sky box. You also can view the info of what you're watching at present by double pressing ok

To change it you need to edit the keymap xml file. Google it I've no idea where it is on this image

3 tuners connected on both

And you are able to view all the saorview channels?

deezell wrote:
    And you are able to view all the saorview channels?

It was a while back when I used a previous vix image, haven't tried the latest one yet, but yes I could see all saorview channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

cian_r wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to update my SAB box with the latest Vix4 image, but I'm running into problems.

I've downloaded version 009 and updated the box with it via the Spark plugin utility. Now when I boot up the box into enigma2, the Vix4 splash screen flashes and then hangs.

Any idea what could be going wrong? I can update back to my previously backed up image without any problems.

Thanks.

I had a lot of trouble on my Sab with vix even after it had installed correctly and dumped it and went back to Hyperion

OK I gave the latest Vix another go. As mentioned above you must unplug the HDD for the initial start up or it will hang. The terrestrial tuner Union type must be changed to switch it from cable to terrestrial. It green screened several times during boot caused by autobouquets which I removed as I don't use it. I have a multisat setup and it is an older plain AA not a +.
    Impressions so far:-
    1. It is fairly slow switching channels.
    2. SD quality is not as good as Hyperion with a lot of video tearing with motion.
    3. NAS mounting is unstable with random green screens or hangs.
    4. Webif loads faster than on Hyp.

All in all I will give it a few days to see how it behaves. So far I would say 'get used to seeing the spinner' and chances are if you do see the spinner it will need a hard reboot. If you are happy with your current set up I wouldn't be in a rush to change to Vix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My sab box.....enigma2......has rte player plugin installed. Is it possible to get a plugin for 4OD bbc iplayer etc etc?

• Advertisement

My sab box.....enigma2......has rte player plugin installed. Is it possible to get a plugin for 4OD bbc iplayer etc etc?

TSmedia player plugin in VIX4 contains iPlayer. Also on PKT plugins but on my boxit wont install the iPlayer module when selected. probably region locked anyway
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2RLc8IrYY
    Should be in OnDemadPlayer also, if you can find it for Pli images. 40D no longer works, since 2014. It's licensed to Sky boxes only or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement