Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭deezell

Yes, you wouldn't want to miss the ladies badminton. I'm up for Gonzaga.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i tryed to install a plugin via wrongly on spark via ftp and crashed it the other day

had to unplug and run spark recovery image on boot

the new vix 4 version 4 based on open atv will be released monday 16th - ie tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nowso wrote: »
    the new vix 4 version 4 based on open atv will be released monday 16th - ie tomorrow

What does open ATV bring over what's there now?

Open atv has improved i loaded an image there a while back

it will be interesting to see what they have done with the image

with the new set up and new versions being used so cant say until i try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

*UPDATE*

Eventually got things backup and running @3pm yesterday after spending the whole morning:
    • re-installing Spark (twice)
    • Hyperion 4.5 (Zardoz)
    • rescan
    • realign the channels
    • contacting my 'service' provider as my keys folder wasn't backed up either nor was my user name and password.
    I still need to change the default pkteam password and cant for the life remember how to do this, so can anyone help?

telnet to the box, login with old password
    use command "passwd",,

enter new, confirm new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

deezell wrote: »
    telnet to the box, login with old password
    use command "passwd",,

enter new, confirm new.

Ahh yes, thats it!

thanks alot.

Nowso wrote: »
    Open atv has improved i loaded an image there a while back

it will be interesting to see what they have done with the image

with the new set up and new versions being used so cant say until i try it

not available for AA2+ currently..

whether the list of supported devices is going to grow over the next while or not I don't know

i noticed that

maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Can't get my head around my problem but whilst recording one satellite channel I'm able to watch some of the movie channels but not any sports or documtery satellite channels had my dish and lnb replaced yesterday any help please it's driving me nuts

Can't get my head around my problem but whilst recording one satellite channel I'm able to watch some of the movie channels but not any sports or documtery satellite channels had my dish and lnb replaced yesterday any help please it's driving me nuts

maybe your software file type your using to view them , try a different option

Have you two cable feeds from your LNB? You'll need two to watch channels that are not on the same channel transponder from the satellite. With one feed you can only watch/record/stream from a single TP (satellite) or MUX (terrestrial) at a time. That's about 11 SD channels on a TP and about 4-5 channels on a terrestrial MUX. One sat cable and one terrestrial cable means you can record, watch etc. from either at the same time. If you have two sat cables then you may have other issues causing the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Sounds like you're only using a single tuner, do free view channels work OK?

Ok i have two feeds coming in i swapped them around with the tuners so there working ok but still get the same result , I can watch all the freeview whilst recording a satellite feed again no problems I might just start from scratch and reflash a new image and see how that goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Ok i have two feeds coming in i swapped them around with the tuners so there working ok but still get the same result , I can watch all the freeview whilst recording a satellite feed again no problems I might just start from scratch and reflash a new image and see how that goes

Have you the two tuners configured?

vix 4.0 won't be happening for the AA2+

@ the high horse brigade
    Yeah as far as I can see the tuners are configured as advanced i tried each feed on each tuner on its own and getting all channels perfect must be missing much appreciate all the help here

@ the high horse brigade 
    Yeah as far as I can see the tuners are configured as advanced i tried each feed on each tuner on its own and getting all channels perfect must be missing much appreciate all the help here

@ the high horse brigade 

You'll need to set sat tuner 2 (or tuner C depending on image) as C=B. If you configuire the tuners independently, as you have, the scan information from tuner 1 or B does not transfer to tuner 2 or C. Recording from Tuner 1 will leave tuner 2 with no channel information. Trying to watch another sat channel from the EPG will try to tune from 1, but this is occupied with the recording. No need to reflash. Just configure the second tuner as C=B, (thats in PKT hyperion, might be different in other images.) Terrestrial tuner is A in Hyperion
    EDIT: I've just noticed that you have no problems watching any FTA sat channels while recording other sat channels, so looking at your first post the problem only arises when trying to record and watch 'certain' channels at the same time. You need to go to your EMU manager in blue panel and enable "Mapping CA1 to CA0"

• Advertisement

I've just noticed that you have no problems watching any FTA sat channels while recording other sat channels, so looking at your first post the problem only arises when trying to record and watch 'certain' channels at the same time. You need to go to your EMU manager in blue panel and enable "Mapping CA1 to CA0"

@deezell Ok this is great so will i just leave the tuners as they are and just go to blue panel and enable "Mapping CA1 to CA0"

@deezell Ok this is great so will i just leave the tuners as they are and just go to blue panel and enable "Mapping CA1 to CA0"

try that first. If you have the tuners seperate they will work if a scan has been done for both. restart the EMU after the change

what does mapping CA1 to CA0 actually do? And how do I ensure that my box is configured correctly?

@deezell cool will do tonight and let you know thanks for your input

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

lawred2 wrote: »
    not available for AA2+ currently..

whether the list of supported devices is going to grow over the next while or not I don't know

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.0/index.php?open=amikoalien

championc wrote: »

did you try the new opn atv 6 yet Champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Look at your log file and see if its attempting to decrypt the channel you can see it at http://ipofyourbox:8888 and I think its the live log tab

What's the right picons plugin for astra 28.2e?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Nowso wrote:
    did you try the new opn atv 6 yet Champ?

Unfortunately i gave my spare AA2 to a neighbour to use for a while so i only have my own Optimuss 3+, but i might just give it a whirl on it. I've been using OpenATV for a long time now and I'm more than happy with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement