Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

@ the high horse brigadeÂ
    @ Deezell

Got a chance to test out the settings but i had already set sat tuner 2 as C=B and "Mapping CA1 to CA0" was enabled already so no joy there with those suggestions thanks its really peeing me off how i can watch some sat channels and not others whilst recording another, going to leave it for now spent waaaay to much time on it :rolleyes:
    For some reason i cannot access the bloody log file at http://ipofyourbox:8888 to check if its attempting to decrypt the channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

For some reason i cannot access the bloody log file at http://ipofyourbox:8888 to check if its attempting to decrypt the channel
    I posted that before I saw the guys point you at the CA1/CA0 mapping it essentially the same thing. You are putting in the real IP of the box yeah so the url is something like http://192.168.0.10:8888 ?

Is anyone else running HDMU? I tried VIX for a couple of weeks but it wasn't reliable enough with lots of pauses and some lockups. HDMU seems much more stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

If Mapping CA1 to CA0 was enabled, disable it and try

tnegun wrote: »
    I posted that before I saw the guys point you at the CA1/CA0 mapping it essentially the same thing. You are putting in the real IP of the box yeah so the url is something like http://192.168.0.10:8888 ?

Yeah thanks have been able to access it before but not sure why I can't now tried on chrome browser and Internet Explorer no joy, I can access the box through webif on my browser though

• Advertisement

If Mapping CA1 to CA0 was enabled, disable it and try
    This actually rings a bell I think I'd to disable on on older image.

Yeah thanks have been able to access it before but not sure why I can't now tried on chrome browser and Internet Explorer no joy, I can access the box through webif on my browser though

Is your IP range 192.168.x.x? I know some images have it restricted to just the 192.168.x.x networks

tnegun wrote: »
    This actually rings a bell I think I'd to disable on on older image.

Ha!! success

Ha!! success

Thanks guys was just about to throw in the towel, thanks to this thread it's such a great resource well done to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davehal

Zardoz wrote: »
    Digidol wrote: »
    I've been running PKTeam Hyperion 4.5 on my AA2 for the last 2 years without any major issues, are there any other newer images worth checking out that people would recommend? I'm very capable with this box and have back ups made before I mess about with it, was just wondering if anything newer performs better. Thanks!

I'm running Hyperion 5.5 at the moment so I will be putting up a backup soon if I think its worth an upgrade.
    Hi Zardoz,
    Just wondering how you got on with Hyperion 5.5? Worth an upgrade?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

davehal wrote: »
    Hi Zardoz,
    Thanks

Yea really interested in finding this out too.

Zardoz copy of 4.5 is a wonderful stable image.
    If 5.5 was similar, or better id like to give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Yea really interested in finding this out too.

Zardoz copy of 4.5 is a wonderful stable image.
    If 5.5 was similar, or better id like to give it a whirl.

Yeah 4.5 is very stable, if 5.5 hasn't got any better features I will stick with 4.5!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

davehal wrote: »
    Hi Zardoz,
    Thanks

So far I'm not overly impressed with 5.5.
    I haven't been watching much tv lately though .

I thought 5.5 would have less memory use but it doesn't seem to .
    RTE player does not work on it and zap history browser doesn't seem to be compatible either.
    I had an issue with the front display stuck on boot after I installed the vfd fix but that seems to be resolved now.

I'm not really seeing any performance improvement over 4.5 so far and Hyperion havent even included basic things like the service named picon renderer fix or amixer audio boost .I had to add alot of these fixes in manually.
    Id hold off on upgrading to 5.5 until I can overcome a few issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi folks is there a working rte player for a zgemma h2s.iv installed the one from this tread but it's not working.it will show all listing and stuff but won't play anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭deezell

massy086 wrote: »
    Hi folks is there a working rte player for a zgemma h2s.iv installed the one from this tread but it's not working.it will show all listing and stuff but won't play anything.
    Did you use the repaired version of the plugin,py file I posted here around 31/12/2016, post 6584. I presume the directory structure on your image is the same for plugins as the alien2. usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/rteplayer
    If you did, I don't know if the fact that the ZGemma has a MIPs processor could have something to do with it not working. The code is just a python script, which is compiled and run on the fly. If you have installed this new version, go to the directory rteplayer above and delete everything there except the plugin.py file and the rteplayer.png file. Reboot and run. It will create the plugin.pyo and the _init_.pyo file. See if that solves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

deezell wrote: »
    Did you use the repaired version of the plugin,py file I posted here around 31/12/2016, post 6584. I presume the directory structure on your image is the same for plugins as the alien2. usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/rteplayer
    If you did, I don't know if the fact that the ZGemma has a MIPs processor could have something to do with it not working. The code is just a python script, which is compiled and run on the fly. If you have installed this new version, go to the directory rteplayer above and delete everything there except the plugin.py file and the rteplayer.png file. Reboot and run. It will create the plugin.pyo and the _init_.pyo file. See if that solves it.

I am using Hyperion V4.5 and the RTEPlayer had stopped working, I just did what you instructed above and now it is back working fine. BIG THANKS!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jjdela

Hi, does anyone have or know how to update the channel list for Amiko Alien 2? Haven't used the box in awhile and a lot of channels not working.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

jjdela wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone have or know how to update the channel list for Amiko Alien 2? Haven't used the box in awhile and a lot of channels not working.

Thanks

What i usually do is download a satellite.xml file from http://satellites-xml.eu/ and ftp it to the box. Then reboot the box and run a full scan. Finally run autobouquets and crossepg download.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

What i usually do is download a satellite.xml file from http://satellites-xml.eu/ and ftp it to the box. Then reboot the box and run a full scan. Finally run autobouquets and crossepg download.

Is your Channel4+1 working ? Mine stopped the other day and have done a full recan, deleted my satellite.xml and ftp'd a new one etc. I also used dreambox edit and there is only one channel4+1 listed and there's a lock next to it. Any ideas ?

noleybaby wrote: »
    Is your Channel4+1 working ? Mine stopped the other day and have done a full recan, deleted my satellite.xml and ftp'd a new one etc. I also used dreambox edit and there is only one channel4+1 listed and there's a lock next to it. Any ideas ?

Scan TP 10729 V 22000

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

jjdela wrote: »

Thanks

are you using enigma 2 or spark

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

deezell wrote: »
    Scan TP 10729 V 22000

that worked, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

my amiko alien 2 with vix4 2.2 often freezes on boot up at 49 or 96% and keeps doing it every time i turn it on or at 49% it just reboots and reboots. I leave it for a day and come back and it powers on then

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

my amiko alien 2 with vix4 2.2 often freezes on boot up at 49 or 96% and keeps doing it every time i turn it on or at 49% it just reboots and reboots. I leave it for a day and come back and it powers on then

Won't boot up fully at all now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Sorry guys have amiko alien 2 for sale and just wondering what should I ask for it.is 80-100 fair price

• Registered Users Posts: 7 no1mikacar

Hello i'm wondering could someone help me with the set up of my Amiko Alien 2+ Enigma 2 installed & open Atv 4.2

Trying to install it for free to air & Soarview Channels, Want to get the Irish Channels at the start of the list

Has anyone got an image to do this?

Thanks,

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Sorry guys have amiko alien 2 for sale and just wondering what should I ask for it.is 80-100 fair price

Couple on donedeal for 100/110 so I would think in and around that.

no1mikacar wrote: »
    Hello i'm wondering could someone help me with the set up of my Amiko Alien 2+ Enigma 2 installed & open Atv 4.2

Trying to install it for free to air & Soarview Channels, Want to get the Irish Channels at the start of the list

Has anyone got an image to do this?

Thanks,

John

When In epg view you can move the channels up and down in their list, ( also known as folder or bouqet) by pressing menu and going into edit mode. You can move a channel from one folder to another, and move the order of folders. Eg, Saorview followed by Freeview, Sport, Movies etc. When you scan saorview or the satellite the channels appear in a folder named ' Last scanned'. From here move to whichever folder using the remote. Best way is to download Dreamboxedit to a pc and get the hang of using it to connect over the network to your box and quickly organise and save your channel and bouqet settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sat Shop have the alien 2 on sale at the moment, the alien mini is on sale too...what's the difference? Is it just single tuner vs triple tuner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sat Shop have the alien 2 on sale at the moment, the alien mini is on sale too...what's the difference? Is it just single tuner vs triple tuner?

The alien mini it's the new smaller version of the alien 1, it's single tuner and is different hardware to the alien 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement