Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sat Shop have the alien 2 on sale at the moment, the alien mini is on sale too...what's the difference? Is it just single tuner vs triple tuner?

£49 is a good deal for a dual boot box.Has the amiko mini a mips processor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭Zardoz

deezell wrote: »
    £49 is a good deal for a dual boot box.Has the amiko mini a mips processor?

No,it has an SH4 cpu like the Alien 2.
    Its a very good receiver ,I have 2 .
    Excellent picture quality like the Alien 2 but it runs better due to less memory usage .
    Hyperion 4.5 is rock solid on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

My Sab Titan triple running hyperion 4.5 is telling me that a new version of cool guide is available at cool TV guide.com

Can anyone explain how I go about putting this on the receiver.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Go into the plugins menu and select download plugins. Search through the list for coolguide and install it.

Go into the plugins menu and select download plugins. Search through the list for coolguide and install it.

Searched all categories in the download plugins section and don't see anything related to coolguide

• Advertisement

Searched all categories in the download plugins section and don't see anything related to coolguide

There is no new version. Coolman who wrote cooltvguide is brown bread since sometime last year. The alert is scripted into the plugin, in advance of his expected updated version. It's possible to alter the script and remove the message. Meant to do it myself, I'll look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Coolguide is no longer working as from the 1st of Feb, I've been looking into the patch to fix the expiry date but can't figure out how to apply it. Any help appreciated .

deezell wrote:
    There is no new version. Coolman who wrote cooltvguide is brown bread since sometime last year. The alert is scripted into the plugin, in advance of his expected updated version. It's possible to alter the script and remove the message. Meant to do it myself, I'll look it up.

Cocoon wrote:
    Coolguide is no longer working as from the 1st of Feb, I've been looking into the patch to fix the expiry date but can't figure out how to apply it. Any help appreciated .

Thanks.

I'd really appreciate if someone let's me know how to fix this.

Cocoon wrote: »

Line 70 of cool plugin.py
    Change as follows
    eolvs = '81201727584562'
    change it to
    eolvs = '81209927584562

This changes 2017 to 2099

How do I ftp to change this line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I removed the cooltvguide 7.3 via the plugin menu.

I then installed cooltvguide again via the plugin menu, this picked up version 7.6.

I had to restart the box to get it to work.

I removed the cooltvguide 7.3 via the plugin menu.

I then installed cooltvguide again via the plugin menu, this picked up version 7.6.

I had to restart the box to get it to work.

Thanks, that was an easy fix, much appreciated.

Cocoon wrote: »
    Thanks, that was an easy fix, much appreciated.

This is interesting. The edit works but only if you have the plugin.py file( in the CoolTVGuide directory) to edit. Once compiled to plugin.pyo it may be removed, it wasn't in my cool directory. I searched d'internet and found it anyway, already edited, ftp'd it up, removed plugin.pyo, rebooted and restored cool guide. I've since read further down the posts and version 7.6 is indeed now available from the plugins. Easiest method. What's more, some are saying Coolman lives! Sounds like one of these urban myths. Maybe others updated the resource, if it was only a case of editing the date. Maybe Coolman is a living legend, updating from beyond.

For those who prefer to just change the plugin.py file in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/cooltvguide
    Here's the updated file. Ftp and replace, remove plugin.pyo and reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

FTP worked a treat, thanks for that.

I have Cooltv 7.3 installed and in the plugins cant see a version 7.6 anywhere to download. Do I need to uninstall 7.3 first before the newer version will show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

basill wrote: »
    FTP worked a treat, thanks for that.

I have Cooltv 7.3 installed and in the plugins cant see a version 7.6 anywhere to download. Do I need to uninstall 7.3 first before the newer version will show up?

Yes.

I had to restart the box after the reinstall to get it to work for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

For those who prefer to just change the plugin.py file in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/cooltvguide
    Here's the updated file. Ftp and replace, remove plugin.pyo and reboot.

Hi I downloaded your ZIP file but it appears to be empty. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Yes.

I had to restart the box after the reinstall to get it to work for some reason.
    You should always reboot after installing anything like this, so that the box loads the new version into memory.

For those who don't want to get into editing or FTP'ing files there is a version 7.6 available, as illdoit2morrow said . There is also a patched version that uses snp picons. It may be necessary to remove the older version for them to show in the plugins download list.

soram wrote: »
    Hi I downloaded your ZIP file but it appears to be empty. Am I missing something?

Cheers

You must be. Its there alright. You have to unzip it. Heres a share link to the file unzipped
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BztHgAu7cL-QYXNGRHFjbXpCejA

I downloaded it several times and unzipped it but it showed nothing. Anyway, your download link worked fine - cheers!

• Advertisement

Here's the full resource file of 7.6 from the Github
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BztHgAu7cL-QaXlpcEF0UGxyTXc

Download, unzip, FTP USR to root (all the directories are in there) it will overwrite any existing versions. reboot.

Interestingly, the maintainer info panel for this version is as follows; V7 by coolman 2017. So who is maintaining it?

#######################################
    # Cool TV Guide by Coolman #
    # EPG-Plugin for Enigma2 #
    # by Coolman (c) 2017 #
    # #
    # Version: V7 #

coolman@cooltvguide.com
    Cool TV Guide

Here's the full resource file of 7.6 from the Github
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BztHgAu7cL-QaXlpcEF0UGxyTXc

Download, unzip, FTP USR to root (all the directories are in there) it will overwrite any existing versions. reboot.

Interestingly, the maintainer info panel for this version is as follows; V7 by coolman 2017. So who is maintaining it?

# Cool TV Guide by Coolman #
    # EPG-Plugin for Enigma2 #
    # by Coolman (c) 2017 #
    # #
    # Version: V7 #

coolman@cooltvguide.com
    Cool TV Guide

Probably no good answer to this but do you know if the 7.6 version has anything to offer over the 7.3 other than the expiry date?

Line 70 of cool plugin.py
    Change as follows
    eolvs = '81201727584562'
    change it to
    eolvs = '81209927584562

This changes 2017 to 2099

When I FTP intoe box, there are no files visible for the remote site. Do I need to alter any settings to allow me see the files.

I'm running hyperion 4.5

Thanks

When I FTP intoe box, there are no files visible for the remote site. Do I need to alter any settings to allow me see the files.

I'm running hyperion 4.5

Thanks

It's ok. I solved it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Freshpots image running very smoothly for me for quite some time. Small problem yesterday though , when I select EPG it flashes for a split second on the screen but immediately disappears, anyone seen this? Kid plays with the remote at times, it's possible she may have deleted something but can't be sure. Also upgraded rte player 2 weeks ago but don't think that's the issue.

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Freshpots image running very smoothly for me for quite some time. Small problem yesterday though , when I select EPG it flashes for a split second on the screen but immediately disappears, anyone seen this? Kid plays with the remote at times, it's possible she may have deleted something but can't be sure. Also upgraded rte player 2 weeks ago but don't think that's the issue.
    Had a similar issue on a box running Hyp 5.1. Ended up uninstalling and installing latest version of cooltvguide. See posts above.

soram wrote: »
    Probably no good answer to this but do you know if the 7.6 version has anything to offer over the 7.3 other than the expiry date?

Hard to know. Suck it and see. You can trawl the resource sites and read the tweaks as they were posted, but version 7 is version 7, .3 to .6 would just be fixes for niggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

@dezzell, Ok I ftp'd the plugin.py file into the correct folder, do I delete the plugin.pyo file thats there & reboot?
    *UPDATE*
    ahh I took the plunge, it works fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

lensman wrote: »
    @dezzell, Ok I ftp'd the plugin.py file into the correct folder, do I delete the plugin.pyo file thats there & reboot?

Yip....just did it, works perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

me too, cooltv guide is back working........yeeeehaaaa:D thanks to all who contributed'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement