Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Now that we have Cool back, and ignoring the fact that coolman appears to have faked his demise and put a time bomb in 7.3, I'm wondering if anyone has used the epg known as GraphMultiEpg. In the OpenPli forum during the flurry over the implosion of CoolTVGuide a senior mod repeatedly berated members for not using pli approved epg GMEpg. He was unhappy that CoolTVGuide is closed source, sort of, and that repairs amounted to illegal hacking (plugin.py was decompiled from source to be edited) Some worry that 7.6 may have new surprises. I had a look and the plugin GMEpg is indeed in my plugins/extensions folder. I was told a long press of yellow or maybe green activated it but no joy. I went into skin config (long yellow) and there brought up Keymap where I changed long press EPG to 'graphEpg' but the interface that appeared from this doesn't resemble screenshots online of GMEpg. I've always found cool a little slow, and I've no picons which is not an issue for me. Check out screenshot of GMEpg below.

Graph_Multi_EPG2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

deezell wrote: »
    Now that we have Cool back, and ignoring the fact that coolman appears to have faked his demise and put a time bomb in 7.3, I'm wondering if anyone has used the epg known as GraphMultiEpg. In the OpenPli forum during the flurry over the implosion of CoolTVGuide a senior mod repeatedly berated members for not using pli approved epg GMEpg. He was unhappy that CoolTVGuide is closed source, sort of, and that repairs amounted to illegal hacking (plugin.py was decompiled from source to be edited) Some worry that 7.6 may have new surprises. I had a look and the plugin GMEpg is indeed in my plugins/extensions folder. I was told a long press of yellow or maybe green activated it but no joy. I went into skin config (long yellow) and there brought up Keymap where I changed long press EPG to 'graphEpg' but the interface that appeared from this doesn't resemble screenshots online of GMEpg. I've always found cool a little slow, and I've no picons which is not an issue for me. Check out screenshot of GMEpg below.

search?q=screenshot+of+graphmultiepg&oq=screenshot+of+graphmultiepg&aqs=chrome..69i57.23155j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=Ev5HEVflOdk60M:
    It's not the first time cooltv stopped working, I recall a few years back in my old dreambox days the "download new version" message began popping, that time there was indeed a new version that could be downloaded & installed without any problems which meant folk didn't get their knickers in a twist as I did this time around.

FWIW version 7.6 restored my picons, worth the risk in case coolman has more landmines planted. A request for a few quid via PayPal is one addition, maybe not a bad idea. I backed up 7.3 just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭championc

Of course, OpenATV has it's own bundled Graphical EPG so i don't have to worry 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dudz

Been an Alien 2 used since 2012
    Just upgraded to PKT 5.5
    Seems like a solid build. Low Memory Usage.
    Can not play HEVC x265, hardware limitations?

I can not find the latest version of AUTOTIMER. Not in the PLUGINS area, not in any of the published drop boxes, or easily found on the web. Can anyone help a bro out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

Dudz wrote: »
    Just upgraded to PKT 5.5

I can not find the latest version of AUTOTIMER. Not in the PLUGINS area, not in any of the published drop boxes, or easily found on the web. Can anyone help a bro out?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to the HEVC files playing on the A2 but out of interest, what 5.5 build did you install? Did you get one from here or from http://pkteam.pl/ and if so, do you have a link to it. Thanks.

Just upgraded to PKT 5.5

Yes, hardware limitations. Check out the edision OS mega triple tuner with UHD and h265 playback. Just over €200 from freetv.ie if you use discount code ' boards'. Mighty spec.
    Check here for autotimer plugin file.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://github.com/OpenAR-P/enigma2-plugins-sh4/blob/master/autotimer/src/AutoTimer.py&ved=0ahUKEwiV5KSprfvRAhVlJ8AKHZBZBm4QFggZMAA&usg=AFQjCNFIdjr8q_sBdFm5UhvW9deqqASCwQ&sig2=w4bgXiMZc47nwtWHLDWrfA

PKT v5.5 Date: 2016-Dec-15

FILE IS : gm7162_GIT-357_PKT-3503-NP_pli_new_stm24-p0217_flash.zip

found at h t t p : / / e2.pkteam.pl/index.php?dir=IMAGE%20GOLDEN%20MEDIA/Hyperion_5_5/

This is the the file I flashed on my AMIKO ALIEN 2 Plus:
    gm7162_GIT-357_PKT-3503-NP_pli_new_stm24-p0217_flash.zip
    NOTE: This is a raw unmodified image

1. UNZIP the enigma2 folder for the first file level of a USB FLASH DRIVE.
    2. FLASH this image on to your AMIKO ALIEN 2 Plus (method of your choice)
    See previous posts regarding FLASH process.
    I prefect the SPARK plugin.

PKT v5.5
    Date: 2016-Dec-15

FILE IS : gm7162_GIT-357_PKT-3503-NP_pli_new_stm24-p0217_flash.zip

found at h t t p : / / e2.pkteam.pl/index.php?dir=IMAGE%20GOLDEN%20MEDIA/Hyperion_5_5/

DOUBLE CHECK this, before you proceed, do want you to brick your box!!!

Ah.... You go first.

I will confirm this, when I have time.
    There is a previous post on this subject, with a link.
    For your reference the Amiko Alien2 is the same as the Golden Media ST7162

see post #6789 of this board

• Advertisement

Yes, hardware limitations. Check out the edision OS mega triple tuner with UHD and h265 playback. Just over €200 from freetv.ie if you use discount code ' boards'. Mighty spec.
    Check here for autotimer plugin file.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://github.com/OpenAR-P/enigma2-plugins-sh4/blob/master/autotimer/src/AutoTimer.py&ved=0ahUKEwiV5KSprfvRAhVlJ8AKHZBZBm4QFggZMAA&usg=AFQjCNFIdjr8q_sBdFm5UhvW9deqqASCwQ&sig2=w4bgXiMZc47nwtWHLDWrfA

deezell, thanks for the link.
    I have never understood what/how to use the github.
    I usually FTP the files to the correct directories of enigma.

deezell, thanks for the link.
    I have never understood what/how to use the github.
    I usually FTP the files to the correct directories of enigma.

I notice autotimer is not in the plugins/ extensions folder in the 5.5 image. Here's a link to the folder from 4.5, it has all the python files. You could try ftp this to usr/lib/enigma2/ python/plugins/ extensions and reboot, see does it appear in plugins.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QM2dFbzBWYmpFamc/view?usp=drivesdk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I'm open to correction on this as I've tried so many different images recently. I seem to remember in 5.5 that autotimer is already installed but not configured to show in plugins menu. I went in to cool guide to set a timer and accidentally got the autotimer setup screen (long green press in coolguide I think). In the autotimer config you set it to show up in plugin menu.

I'm open to correction on this as I've tried so many different images recently. I seem to remember in 5.5 that autotimer is already installed but not configured to show in plugins menu. I went in to cool guide to set a timer and accidentally got the autotimer setup screen (long green press in coolguide I think). In the autotimer config you set it to show up in plugin menu.

Probably explains why it's not a seperate plugin if it's embedded in 5.5. Makes sense to have it part of the system timer, which also is linked to Cool epg on 4.5.

Probably explains why it's not a seperate plugin if it's embedded in 5.5. Makes sense to have it part of the system timer, which also is linked to Cool epg on 4.5.
    If it's already installed it wont show up in the list of downloadable plugins

PKT 5.5 and AUTOTIMER

AUTOTIMER not listed in INSTALLED PLUGINS or DOWNLOAD PLUGINS.

COOLGUIDE let me configure a colored button for AUTOTIMER.
    when in COOLGUIDE, press colored button, ERROR AUTOTIMER not found.

Therefore install AUTOTIMER. will try to get to this in next 24 hours.

Will post results.

:o OK I stand corrected. It must have been another image I was trying. That's what happens when you play with these damn things too often

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Folks. Would anybody have a copy of the Hyperion V4 Image that I could download? I have been using it for the last 2 years with virtually no issues but the other day my box started playing up. I went to reflash the box but I couldnt find the usb stick I had the image on and stupid me forgot to do a backup image.

I have been searching her for a copy of it but the links I have found are no longer valid.

Thanks

Dudz, There is another inexpensive option for HEVC (H.265) Ultra HD satellite reception and playback. The new Edision OS Mini+ is derived from the really good OS mini, but it has H.265 reception and playback. It's twin tuner, sat and terrestrial only at the moment, but you could possibly add a USB sat tuner for watch/record different sat channels. The price is rock bottom, €119 delivered from freetv.ie with the discount code 'Boards'

gazzer wrote: »
    Folks. Would anybody have a copy of the Hyperion V4 Image that I could download? I have been using it for the last 2 years with virtually no issues but the other day my box started playing up. I went to reflash the box but I couldnt find the usb stick I had the image on and stupid me forgot to do a backup image.

I have been searching her for a copy of it but the links I have found are no longer valid.

Thanks
    4.5 the oldest on PKTeam site. Raw image.

http://e2.pkteam.pl/index.php?dir=IMAGE%20GOLDEN%20MEDIA/Hyperion_4_5/&file=PKT_GM7162_E2_HYPERION_v4_5_FLASH.zip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for that. I will download that and try it out tonight.

gazzer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I will download that and try it out tonight.

You might want to try Zardoz backup of 4.5, has all the plugins.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04re...kcvtQICQa?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

You might want to try Zardoz backup of 4.5, has all the plugins.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04re...kcvtQICQa?dl=0
    the link is giving error 404

massy086 wrote: »
    the link is giving error 404

That's was Zardoz dropbox image link. He mUstinov have deleted it. Perhaps he'll post another. If I get a minute I'll go into Spark and save a flash image.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That's was Zardoz dropbox image link. He mUstinov have deleted it. Perhaps he'll post another. If I get a minute I'll go into Spark and save a flash image.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭championc

Why doesn't someone give OpenATV 6.0 a go ? Bundled with a graphical epg and autotimer and most other normal stuff.

championc wrote: »
    Why doesn't someone give OpenATV 6.0 a go ? Bundled with a graphical epg and autotimer and most other normal stuff.
    Gave it a go 2 weeks back on 2 different boxes. I have openATV on another box running 5.3 and really love it but 6 is a beta and shows it. On the VU+ it was okish but still had enough bugs to be unsuitable as a daily runner. On the AA2 it was totally unstable crashing/ hanging at least twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Zardoz wrote: »
    I want to update my Dad's Alien2 box and want to give this image a try. Is there a guide on how to flash the receiver with this image?

I completed a Backup of Enigma,
    While in FTP, I confirmed the was no AUTOTIMER listed in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions.
    FTP'd deezell's AUTOTIMER to PLUGIN AUTOTIMER usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions.
    Rebooted and voila, appears in Plugins, responds in COOLTV.

Timers we set for all the upcommig "Punch and Judy's" :D
    Success
    Thanks Again for the help.

• Advertisement

Just a FYI. Here is the process, I generally go thru, setting up a new image. If want to start from scratch.

FLASH ENIGMA
    UPDATE via BLUE PANNEL
    DELETE EXTRA SATS
    UPLOAD CHANNELS via DREAMBOX
    UPLOAD UPDATED satellite.xml
    PLUGIN DOWNLOAD COOLGUIDE
    -BACKUP

PERSONAL CONFIGURATION
    ASSIGN MOUNTS HDD and USB
    RECORD PATHS
    EPG PATH
    -BACKUP

PLUGIN AUTOTOMER usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions
    SPINNER FTP
    SKIN FTP
    BOOTLOGO
    CORRECT SWAP PATH
    CORRECT PICON PATH
    CORRECT EPG PATH
    -BACKUP

Having trouble with assigning SWAP, EPG and PICONS to the FlashDrive. Must the FlashDrive be format ext3 for Swap File?
    Must I use CrossEPG plugin to assign EPG location?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement