Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭Zardoz

topper1978 wrote: »
    Have you noticed on recordings when scan forward it doesn't show you the speed, or is that just me?

Just checked ,it shows it for me.

To update on v5.5 ,I'm finding it quite good ,it definitely uses less memory ,but I can't iron out a few issues.
    1.RTE Player will not work on it
    2. History Zap Browser doesn't work
    3. The Now epg isnt shown on the channel list when using the PLI skin

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just checked ,it shows it for me.

To update on v5.5 ,I'm finding it quite good ,it definitely uses less memory ,but I can't iron out a few issues.
    1.RTE Player will not work on it
    2. History Zap Browser doesn't work
    3. The Now epg isnt shown on the channel list when using the PLI skin

I haven't tried the RTE plugin as it runs better off the TV. History Zap Browser doesn't work for me either. I used the Simple HD skin with now issue.

Have you had any video or audio problems? I seen users post that they replaced elf files on previous Hyperion images. I've only used it for 2 days but did notice some HD channels get a little juddery but it could have been transient. I haven't used the image long enough to say for sure.

I haven't tried the RTE plugin as it runs better off the TV. History Zap Browser doesn't work for me either. I used the Simple HD skin with now issue.

Have you had any video or audio problems? I seen users post that they replaced elf files on previous Hyperion images. I've only used it for 2 days but did notice some HD channels get a little juddery but it could have been transient. I haven't used the image long enough to say for sure.

I have had no video or audio issues .
    I use the video.elf file from a HDMU image ,I find the picture better on my plasma .The Hyperion video.elf file gives too dull an image ,the gamma is far too high.
    I just tried v2.2 of the History zap selector,that's the latest one but it causes the box to hang when activated.

I use the video.elf file from a HDMU image ,I find the picture better on my plasma .The Hyperion video.elf file gives too dull an image ,the gamma is far too high.
    I just tried v2.2 of the History zap selector,that's the latest one but it causes the box to hang when activated.

I'm guessing maybe the original flash didn't go correctly if I can't see the ffd speed.

I might flash a clean image next week and start building it up again. I agree that memory usage was lower. It was the first time I built up an image from a fresh base. I learned a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Has anyone a basic version of 5.5 for me to try please? I've downloaded it off the pkt site but had a few issues with epg and open webif both times I tried it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Any chance of a copy of your back up please?

how.gareth wrote: »
    Has anyone a basic version of 5.5 for me to try please? I've downloaded it off the pkt site but had a few issues with epg and open webif both times I tried it

In the basic image before you do anything go into Bluepanel and upgrade the firmware. Once you do this it fixes crossepg.

I can share mine but it is going to be tomorrow before I get time to do it. Pesky family want to watch TV rather than watch me play around on the box. How selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭championc

wellboss wrote:
    Yup I have it enabled and even tried downloading direct from "Open Tv Providers" and when i go to "Info about database" it has channel count 0 and no info in it

No idea what I am missing.

Did you manage to fix this ?

I had a similar issue last week but noticed finally that the on-screen time was different to that of the box itself.

So while the epg data was pulled down correctly for February, the Graphical EPG wouldn't display anything since it was looking for listings for April, which of course, there weren't any !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Have you noticed on recordings when scan forward it doesn't show you the speed, or is that just me?

On 4.5 there is a setting in setup/system/user interface labelled " show InfoBar on skip forward/backward" . Could that be it?

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    On 4.5 there is a setting in setup/system/user interface labelled " show InfoBar on skip forward/backward" . Could that be it?

I figured it out. It was the skin I was using. 5.5 seems to have issues with skins. Once I changed it back to a pkteam skin the problem went away.

I can share mine but it is going to be tomorrow before I get time to do it. Pesky family want to watch TV rather than watch me play around on the box. How selfish.

Just posted my pkteam 5.5 backup image on the "Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I recently bought a zgemma box for a friend, and i was playing around with it and put the wooshbuild onto it. One of the plugins is called iptv, i went onto this with a good deal of skepticism, but everything works on it. Ok not everything, but 9 out of 10 times everything works.

Is this available for our box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

I recently bought a zgemma box for a friend, and i was playing around with it and put the wooshbuild onto it. One of the plugins is called iptv, i went onto this with a good deal of skepticism, but everything works on it. Ok not everything, but 9 out of 10 times everything works.

Is this available for our box?
    IPTV player is in the list of available plugins on my box, running hyperion 4.5, listed as IPTVPlayer_(New 1470) and also as IPTVPlayer_DEV (new 1470). I previously deleted it as it didn't seem to do much. None of the links went anywhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Remotes gone haywire . press any button and keeps going + again

ahh had to use remote in webif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Nowso wrote: »
    Remotes gone haywire . press any button and keeps going + again

ahh had to use remote in webif
    What image are you using? I had that with openATV 6. Thought it was a hardware failure

What image are you using? I had that with openATV 6. Thought it was a hardware failure

its remote failure as it did the same on spark and on another box on spark

whats the quickest way in getting a replacement remote

its remote failure as it did the same on spark and on another box on spark

whats the quickest way in getting a replacement remote
    NO wait.

I has a similar failure last weekend on 2 different boxes. When I went into Spark it was still doing the same thing. Like a button was jammed on the remote. I was 1 click away from buying a new box. In the end I re-flashed with a backup of Hyp instead of openATV. It changes the initial boot logo so I assume it rewrites something else at a very low level. Hyp 5.1 and Spark now back to normal.

EDIT: reflashing with a know good image of openATV didn't cure it.

did a record via webif on vix4 and it didnt record lol . on the busiest night for a while

• Advertisement

I has a similar failure last weekend on 2 different boxes. When I went into Spark it was still doing the same thing. Like a button was jammed on the remote. I was 1 click away from buying a new box. In the end I re-flashed with a backup of Hyp instead of openATV. It changes the initial boot logo so I assume it rewrites something else at a very low level. Hyp 5.1 and Spark now back to normal.

EDIT: reflashing with a know good image of openATV didn't cure it.

thanks its the worst time it could have happened lol
    . havnt time to reinstall anything until later

Will upload it when I can fix the small issues I have with it.

re installing spark now while doing 2 or 3 other things lol

which Hyperion version should i load ?

which Hyperion version should i load ?

I was using 4.5 and found it quite stable. I've just switched to 5.5. Lower on memory usage than 4.5 but as it is very new it has issues especially with skins and a few plug-ins. I've seen some forums recommend 5.4 but I've not used it

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭proponent

Hi all,

Have an Amiko alien 2 and for some reason cannot tune BBC four either SD or HD.

Have scanned all the published TP's for BBC four that are published by both the BBC and Lyngsat. Has anyone else come across this?

have every other BBC channel, its just that channel is missing.

Have they taken this service off air similar to BBC three or am i missing somehting?

proponent wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have an Amiko alien 2 and for some reason cannot tune BBC four either SD or HD.

Have scanned all the published TP's for BBC four that are published by both the BBC and Lyngsat. Has anyone else come across this?

have every other BBC channel, its just that channel is missing.

Have they taken this service off air similar to BBC three or am i missing somehting?

BBC 4 doesn't start until 7pm. The tune information is:

Satellite position: 28,2
    Frequency: 10773250
    Symbolrate: 22000000
    Polarization: H
    FEC: 5/6

deezell wrote: »
    Type 'crond -c /var/spool/cron/crontabs' to ensure the crond daemon finds the crontabs/root file where the events are listed. Edit your event file to a future time, say a few minutes away, and resubmit it with the same command, 'crontab /hdd/myevent' or whatever path and filename you used. After the event time has passed, the file named in the event should be deleted. I'm assumimg that the the crond daemon runs in the background when the box is booted. I typed the command 'crond' which in effect runs the busybox binary which implements crond, I assume this is running on startup.

Would anybody know how to get crond to run at start up? Linux forums say to use the init.d but this doesn't seem to work. Using Deezell's tutorial I can set up and schedule a cron job but when the box switches off and turns back on crond doesn't seem to run from boot. I'm using Hyperion 5.5 but as Deezell's guide was for Hyperion 4.5 I'm guessing the solution is similiar if not identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭yellowbear

Hey,
    I have an issue.
    Some channels are coming up with this error:
    Service unavailable!: Check tuner configuration
    Not all channels have it BBC ITV etc are working but others arent.
    I only have one tuner in use and the other two are turned off in Tuner Configuration.
    I downloaded a new satellite xml and tried rescanning channels and put different images on the box. not sure what to do. Anyone seen this before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

yellowbear wrote: »
    Hey,
    I have an issue.
    Some channels are coming up with this error:
    Service unavailable!: Check tuner configuration
    Not all channels have it BBC ITV etc are working but others arent.
    I only have one tuner in use and the other two are turned off in Tuner Configuration.
    I downloaded a new satellite xml and tried rescanning channels and put different images on the box. not sure what to do. Anyone seen this before?

Do a service search to get your channels back.
    Setup Autobouquets to do a daily refresh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement