Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

thanks for your help, i tried that and im getting about mid 70's on both tuners. i did the manual scan and the mmissing channels dont show up
    And how did the other tuner perform, is it missing the same ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

deezell wrote: »
    And how did the other tuner perform, is it missing the same ones.

I stripped the cables, belled them out to make sure they werent shorting between the earth and middle wire. theres a very good connection and im still getting the same result, i swpped them over, no joy.

both tuners dont find the missing channels

I stripped the cables, belled them out to make sure they werent shorting between the earth and middle wire. theres a very good connection and im still getting the same result, i swpped them over, no joy.

both tuners dont find the missing channels

Problem must be the dish alignment or LNB. Misalignment or moisture in the LNB. I use the signal meter on the dreamdroid app to monitor the box while up at a dish, then tweak the dish and LNB skew to max the signal. It has an audio feedback to assist, works very well. If you do a full blind scan how many channels are being reported? If about half of 900 then it's definitely band or polarity switching. If the band switching fails, you may still get a reception from previously saved high band channel entries if they are the mirror images of the TPs 850MHz lower down in the low band. You may get pictures but not the correct channels. You need to clear before scan on a full blind scan to get an accurate count of the received channels in order to assess what's missing. If it's band or polarity related then the LNB is not switching. If it appears random then I'd add dish alignment and LNB skew or faulty into the mix.

yea, i did a full blind scan, the channels are showing up but when i zap into them it comes up as a tune failed. I went through them all and its all the horizontal channels im missing.

just wondering i have 4 sockets on the lnb, if i switched onto the spare sockets would it work, or is the lnb fuked now and needs replacing

yea, i did a full blind scan, the channels are showing up but when i zap into them it comes up as a tune failed. I went through them all and its all the horizontal channels im missing.

just wondering i have 4 sockets on the lnb, if i switched onto the spare sockets would it work, or is the lnb fuked now and needs replacing

I'd say LNB. Try spares first. It would be nice to know if the box is increasing the LNB voltage when H channels are selected as this is what switches the LNB. You'll need a voltmeter to measure this.

• Advertisement

yea i did that test and its 15 volts on vertical and 20 on horizontal. ill try the spares in the morning. I must of shorted them out or something when i was swapping over the box to another box last week.

thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭yellowbear

Good advice. try the following four TPs in a manual scan, with clear before scan Check the bouquet "last scanned" after each. Two each of H and V, upper and lower band. You can assess if polarity or band switching is missing from this simple test. There are FTA channels on each TP to assist.

In the lower band
    10758 V 22000 (ITV1-4 variations)
    10773 H 22000 (BBC1-4 variations)

In the upper band
    12207 V 27500 (Sky News, Pick, Sky sports sd (encrypted))
    12304 H 27500 (Keranng, Kiss, The Box.)
    Only got a chance to test this now. Thanks for all the suggestions
    Seems to be the upper band and Vertical that's the issue.
    So does this mean my LNB is faulty then?
    I've also noticed my AGC is in the 40's but the channels in the other bands dont have a problem.

yellowbear wrote: »
    Only got a chance to test this now. Thanks for all the suggestions
    Seems to be the upper band and Vertical that's the issue.
    So does this mean my LNB is faulty then?
    I've also noticed my AGC is in the 40's but the channels in the other bands dont have a problem.

hey, ive been having the exact same problem, a coincendence or whaaa... all my horizontal channels are gone.
    i brought my box to someone elses house today and the horizontal chanels worked, i even brought his box down to my house and the horizontal channels are all gone. so its definitly the lnb for me

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭yellowbear

hey, ive been having the exact same problem, a coincendence or whaaa... all my horizontal channels are gone.
    i brought my box to someone elses house today and the horizontal chanels worked, i even brought his box down to my house and the horizontal channels are all gone. so its definitly the lnb for me

Ha maybe we can swap lnbs if we want to watch something on the opposite channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hi,

When i hit the EPG button its telling me that i should goto cooltvguide as there is a newer version available

anyone got instructions how to do this.

running:Hyperion 4.5

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Hi,

When i hit the EPG button its telling me that i should goto cooltvguide as there is a newer version available

thanks

Telnet into the box and update & upgrade. This will bring your plug-ins up to newer versions and resolve this issue.

Hi,

thanks
    You can go to plugins/remove plugins (red button) and select coolTV, remove it. Reboot. Then go to plugins/download plugins (green) and the new version should appear available for download. Install and reboot. It won't show in downloads unless you remove the old version. This is on Hyperion 4.5. There was a fuss a while back when everyone thought the author (Coolman) was dead and the old version had an expiry date built in. Hacked repaired versions were posted to be manually installed with FTP, but it turns out your man was alive and he mysteriously reappeared with an updated version. I tried it and it's great, picons all working now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭championc

Go with OpenATV - it's got it's own Graphical EPG built in ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wellboss

Hi quick question, looking to install enigma 2 on sab triple, would Hyperion 4.5 image work? I had it on my AA2 and its fine but realised as I was about to download to set up Sab that the image was in the AA2 thread.

Are these boxes identical inside, chip type and the like? if so i presume it will work okay?

Any guidance much appreciated

wellboss wrote: »
    Hi quick question, looking to install enigma 2 on sab triple, would Hyperion 4.5 image work? I had it on my AA2 and its fine but realised as I was about to download to set up Sab that the image was in the AA2 thread.

Are these boxes identical inside, chip type and the like? if so i presume it will work okay?

Any guidance much appreciated

Identical. I have a Sab. Only issue I had was with spark when loading channel lists saved on an AA2. There's an id code in the file specific to manufacturer which prevented it working. I posted the fix in the spark forum way back. Not an issue when your using enigma2. Hyperion 4.5 is solid on the sab.

I replaced the lnb today, channels are all back working now. Thanks deezell for your help.

I replaced the lnb today, channels are all back working now. Thanks deezell for your help.

It's a very satisfying feeling to fix it yourself! Cost effective too.

It's a very satisfying feeling to fix it yourself! Cost effective too.

yea big time, it was very awkward tho. I bought the lnb from a bricks and mortar shop, it cost 45 euros, i saw the same lnb on ebay for 20 euros.

but doing it myself definitely saved me at least 50 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

You can go to plugins/remove plugins (red button) and select coolTV, remove it. Reboot. Then go to plugins/download plugins (green) and the new version should appear available for download. Install and reboot. It won't show in downloads unless you remove the old version. This is on Hyperion 4.5. There was a fuss a while back when everyone thought the author (Coolman) was dead and the old version had an expiry date built in. Hacked repaired versions were posted to be manually installed with FTP, but it turns out your man was alive and he mysteriously reappeared with an updated version. I tried it and it's great, picons all working now as well.

Worked a treat...thanks!

yea big time, it was very awkward tho. I bought the lnb from a bricks and mortar shop, it cost 45 euros, i saw the same lnb on ebay for 20 euros.

but doing it myself definitely saved me at least 50 euros
    Just don't fall off the roof. €22 for a Sky Quad LNB from FreeTV.ie with boards discount, collect or €4 for courier. get it next day usually. €45 was a bit stiff

• Advertisement

Is there a Boardies code when ordering online ?

championc wrote: »
    Is there a Boardies code when ordering online ?

Yes, " Boards" gets you 7.5% at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

I've to use the virtual remote in dreamdroid to control my box from one room in the house.

Is it possible to access your recordings on HDD using the virtual remote.

Pressing the PVR button doesn't do the trick

Thanks

I've to use the virtual remote in dreamdroid to control my box from one room in the house.

Is it possible to access your recordings on HDD using the virtual remote.

Pressing the PVR button doesn't do the trick

Thanks
    In the dreamdroid main menu select Movies (not the bouquet 'Movies' in Services), this brings up a list of recordings. Tap the recording you want and select Zap from sub menu to play on the box. Alternative is to use Webif on your device and select the full virtual remote, using screen captures to see the OSD, unless you have a TV feeding from the box in the remote room.

deezell wrote:
    In the dreamdroid main menu select Movies (not the bouquet 'Movies' in Services), this brings up a list of recordings. Tap the recording you want and select Zap from sub menu to play on the box. Alternative is to use Webif on your device and select the full virtual remote, using screen captures to see the OSD, unless you have a TV feeding from the box in the remote room.

Lovely job.

I feel a bit silly now. I've seen that 1000's of times but never needed it before.

Thanks

Another slight issue.

When I go to movies in dreamdroid, I cannot see all items from my hdd.

Seems to be intermittent stuff missing

In OpenVIX, does anyone know how to assign the Channel List to the OK button ?

On OpenATV there is a Button Setup menu and a Hotkey menu. However, in OpenVIX, the Button Menu is the equivalent of OpenATV's Hotkey menu, and i can't find anything like the Button Setup menu

In OpenVIX, does anyone know how to assign the Channel List to the OK button ?

On OpenATV there is a Button Setup menu and a Hotkey menu. However, in OpenVIX, the Button Menu is the equivalent of OpenATV's Hotkey menu, and i can't find anything like the Button Setup menu

Not having openvix, I'm guessing channel list is the up/ down arrow. To get the ok button to open the channel list;
    1. Aim high when pressing it, hitting the up arrow.
    2. Use an image where the OK button is channel list ( hyperion)
    3. Edit Keymap.xml, but beware this may not work if you are using a skin which overrides the Keymap. In this case you have to edit it's map I believe .

It's actually on an Edision OS Mega that's come pre-installed with OpenVIX. I just that here was a good place to ask :)

I might just change it to OpenATV

• Advertisement

It's actually on an Edision OS Mega that's come pre-installed with OpenVIX. I just that here was a good place to ask :)

I might just change it to OpenATV

Isn't channel list on OpenATV also on up/down arrow? but you can change it using the button menu? I'm not that fond of OpenAtv, but I only get to wrestle with it when abroad with family (Edision Optimus OS+3, precursor to the Mega) Takes a while to get your head around the obtuse button settings. I suppose an OpenAtv user would say the same about Hyperion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement