Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭championc

I should have known to just try every button !!!

I've never used (nor did i know about) the up or down buttons for the channel list.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

championc wrote: »
    In OpenVIX, does anyone know how to assign the Channel List to the OK button ?

On OpenATV there is a Button Setup menu and a Hotkey menu. However, in OpenVIX, the Button Menu is the equivalent of OpenATV's Hotkey menu, and i can't find anything like the Button Setup menu
    Button setup

On my duo2 with vix

Menu / system /user interface / button setup
    I Tried to reconfigure the ok button but it would not let me
    the other buttons I could reprogram but not the ok :-(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

rte player plugin down again !

any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Nowso wrote: »
    rte player plugin down again !

any ideas

Interface working remotely via webif, though I can't screen grab an image to check it's playing,I think thats not possible on webif, but webif is returning the requested filename;
    20170322_rteone-faircity-faircity_cl10703148_10703150_ih000349441_260_drm__512k.mp4

It exits ok and returns to the selected channel, no crash like before. I haven't used it in a while, ill check when home

is anybodys rte player plugin playing ?

• Advertisement

is anybodys rte player plugin playing ?
    On my duo2
    Shows the content but will not play
    Says no playable stream found

On my duo2
    Shows the content but will not play
    Says no playable stream found

same as on i got on alien 2 on apen atv 6 + 5.3 and vix4e2

same as on i got on alien 2 on apen atv 6 + 5.3 and vix4e2

I had a feeling it's days were numbered after the last hiatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I have a sab triple unix box thats giving trouble, booting to Hyperion screen only but outputs channel audio with no picture except Hyperion screen, box not responding to remote either, I can change channels using front panel only, now trying to load rescue image but not having any luck.
    1 I copy rescue image to usb & verified (SPARK) folder is there.
    2 insert usb to rear slot & power on whilst pressing OK on front panel.
    3 when FORC appears I press VOL+.
    4 U appears on front panel then T & flashing TO, (SAB instructions say it should be U LD) on front panel & loading should take 8mins.

Ive left the operation running for more then 8mins & tried several times but no luck, not getting U LD on front panel just T & flashing TO
    Any help would be much appreciated.

lensman wrote: »
    I have a sab triple unix box thats giving trouble, booting to Hyperion screen only but outputs channel audio with no picture except Hyperion screen, box not responding to remote either, I can change channels using front panel only, now trying to load rescue image but not having any luck.
    4 U appears on front panel then T & flashing TO, (SAB instructions say it should be U LD) on front panel & loading should take 8mins.

Ive left the operation running for more then 8mins & tried several times but no luck, not getting U LD on front panel just T & flashing TO

Nowso on the Spark thread would be your man for this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101262678

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    Nowso on the Spark thread would be your man for this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101262678

Managed to sort it thanks,

T To means the files cant be read from the usb

Try a different usb or check filename is in right format

http://amikostb.com/downloads/Spark_Recovery.pdf

Anyone got a link to a hyperion E2 image with all the nice stuff installed? tnks
    SAB triple unit box
    **UPDATE**
    I got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im hoping somebody here can help with my Satellite Dish install. A few weeks back my channels vanished of my Amiko Box. I kept getting a tuner error anytime I selected a channel.

I figured it might be the LNB so I got a new one but that didn’t solve the issue. Then I realised that the dish was starting to slip from the arm and the bolts that secured the dish to the bracket on the arm were pretty rusty. I decided to get a new dish and also got a loan of a satellite reader.

Last night I installed the new dish and attached the LNB etc. When I connected the Satellite reader it was hitting the max reading point so I secured the dish at that angle but when I went to scan the channels on my Amiko no channels came up. I then went old skool and just started moving the dish every so slightly to the left and the right, up and down (Whilst my partner attempted multiple scans of the box). After 90 minutes I gave up as no channels could be found.

I am using Hyperion 4.5 so I was wondering if there was anything in the Tuner Configuration Menu that I should be amending. I have never had to before but I am at a loss as to what could be wrong. All other apps on the box (TS MEDIA< IP PLAYER) are working fine.

Any ideas, suggestions and tips would be greatfully appreciated before I throw the box in the shed :):) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Did you test at the satellite box side, could be a faulty cable or connector?

Last night I installed the new dish and attached the LNB etc.......
    Any ideas, suggestions and tips would be greatfully appreciated before I throw the box in the shed :):) Thanks.[/QUOTE]
    You should not scan the box while there are no signals, in case you delete your existing tuning info with clear before scan set. It's easier to have the box plugged in and a known good channel selected. It will appear as soon as you get a workable signal. That peak you got might be a different satellite altogether, it's crowded up there. Use the phone apps Satellite director or Sat finder to visually see the satellite via your phone's camera and screen. The satellite appears as an overlay and the you point the phone till it's in the crosshairs to get an accurate measure of angle, tilt and azimuth. See picture of screen grab

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QLXRzUXhXeUhxNHc/view?usp=drivesdk

gazzer wrote: »
    Im hoping somebody here can help with my Satellite Dish install. A few weeks back my channels vanished of my Amiko Box. I kept getting a tuner error anytime I selected a channel.

I figured it might be the LNB so I got a new one but that didn’t solve the issue. Then I realised that the dish was starting to slip from the arm and the bolts that secured the dish to the bracket on the arm were pretty rusty. I decided to get a new dish and also got a loan of a satellite reader.

Last night I installed the new dish and attached the LNB etc. When I connected the Satellite reader it was hitting the max reading point so I secured the dish at that angle but when I went to scan the channels on my Amiko no channels came up. I then went old skool and just started moving the dish every so slightly to the left and the right, up and down (Whilst my partner attempted multiple scans of the box). After 90 minutes I gave up as no channels could be found.

I am using Hyperion 4.5 so I was wondering if there was anything in the Tuner Configuration Menu that I should be amending. I have never had to before but I am at a loss as to what could be wrong. All other apps on the box (TS MEDIA< IP PLAYER) are working fine.

Any ideas, suggestions and tips would be greatfully appreciated before I throw the box in the shed :):) Thanks.

are you sure you were pointed at 28.2 east? there are other sats within a deg or 2 that will give a strong signal, I usually select a known channel on the box say BBC1 & mover the dish until it pops into picture then use the meter to fine tune.if your channel list is blank use DreamboxEdit to upload a channel list to the box & go from there.

JOSman wrote: »
    Did you test at the satellite box side, could be a faulty cable or connector?

I bought new connectors and I checked the cables. I actually have 4 cables coming from the LNB but only using 2 so I used all 4 when testing the signal

Last night I installed the new dish and attached the LNB etc.......
    You should not scan the box while there are no signals, in case you delete your existing tuning info with clear before scan set. It's easier to have the box plugged in and a known good channel selected. It will appear as soon as you get a workable signal. That peak you got might be a different satellite altogether, it's crowded up there. Use the phone apps Satellite director or Sat finder to visually see the satellite via your phone's camera and screen. The satellite appears as an overlay and the you point the phone till it's in the crosshairs to get an accurate measure of angle, tilt and azimuth. See picture of screen grab

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QLXRzUXhXeUhxNHc/view?usp=drivesdk[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I will do that. I might have to re install Hyperion 4.5 because when I checked the box this morning none of the channels are listed in the various bouquets. I am getting N/A instead of the channel name. Good idea on putting a particular channel on and checking for the signal that way. I will give that a shot

are you sure you were pointed at 28.2 east? there are other sats within a deg or 2 that will give a strong signal, I usually select a known channel on the box say BBC1 & mover the dish until it pops into picture then use the meter to fine tune.if your channel list is blank use DreamboxEdit to upload a channel list to the box & go from there.

Thanks for the post. Yeah I will set the box to BBC1 and do a signal check from there. Just need to reinstall the image as all the channels have vanished from the various bouquets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭championc

gazzer wrote:

gazzer wrote:

gazzer wrote:

gazzer wrote:

gazzer wrote:
    Any ideas, suggestions and tips would be greatfully appreciated before I throw the box in the shed Thanks.

Quite simply, the reader confirms that you correctly alligned the dish to "A" satellite, but not necessarily the correct satellite. Maybe an Auto Scan with Auto Satellite might let you know which Sat you are actually pointing at, so you can correct the allignment accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

SD finally suffering the same fate as HD it appears. I'll say no more!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    SD finally suffering the same fate as HD it appears. I'll say no more!

When? do you have a link to an article.

When? do you have a link to an article.

Oh there's no article, Google is your friend on this one. Or simply try Eurosport!

8 channels currently down, Irish variations working on some of them though.

Its old news, In January 2016 it was mooted that sky would move all it's 200,000 sd customers to sky hd or sky Q boxes, but they would have to drop the premium charge for sky HD and give them the new boxes free. Also lose the advertising to all those viewers who are not sky subscribers but are still viewers. This was to happen by May 2017. We'll know soon enough
    http://www.satandpcguy.com/2016/01/08/cardsharing-sky-italia-down-sky-germany-and-sky-uk-next/

Its old news, In January 2016 it was mooted that sky would move all it's 200,000 sd customers to sky hd or sky Q boxes, but they would have to drop the premium charge for sky HD and give them the new boxes free. Also lose the advertising to all those viewers who are not sky subscribers but are still viewers. This was to happen by May 2017. We'll know soon enough
    http://www.satandpcguy.com/2016/01/08/cardsharing-sky-italia-down-sky-germany-and-sky-uk-next/

It has been 'old news' for years. My post simply stated that it has now started to happen, channels went black last night. It's not hard to to find the information on forums and I'm not posting it in black and white on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Ya channels going it seems just read on linuxsat. Hope there is a fix

Ya channels going it seems just read on linuxsat. Hope there is a fix
    If they hardware encrypt SD there will be no fix except an HD or Q subscription. 200,000 SD users who won't want to pay for HD will be offered free HD boxes to handle the new cards. Many will want to keep their own superior receivers and won't be happy. Many more including those who pay HD subs and have HD boxes who are operating their own SD multi room on their own 3rd party boxes and streaming devices will find themselves with a single viewing point in their homes for sky content. Thats a lot of angry customers. Sky was used to coining it for the most trivial and costless to them add ons. £10 a month just to record. Big charge to watch in 2-3 extra rooms, though you might only use one at a time. This is why Linux is so popular. Legitimate customers reacting to being ripped off. We'll see if they pull the plug on them come May.

Just wanted to thank all of you who gave me the advice on installing my new dish. I selected BBC1 on my receiver and then went to the transponder settings and moved the dish around until I got a strong signal. All the channels are back now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Sky Sports News and Sky Sports 4 are back after a rescan.

EUROSPORT on the other hand :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement