Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

cork_south wrote: »
    Cool. I found BSKYB but UTV and STV are not there. Would they be under a different Provider?
    I did find and added Chanell 5 +24 and ITV Encore to favourites.

If using Autobouquets set other channels to =yes and UTV, STV etc with appear in "other channel" bouquet below the bbc regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

givecredit wrote: »
    If using Autobouquets set other channels to =yes and UTV, STV etc with appear in "other channel" bouquet below the bbc regions.

or if not using autoboquets

freq 11052750
    symbol 22000
    polarization horizontal

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Is there a way to reset root password on box if you don't know it?

Went away on holidays, depowering everything before I went and when I came back, none of my passwords now work.
    Had to reset my router and start from scratch and I now can't get into box using dcc either
    I don't rember changing the root password but maybe I did.
    Using hyp4 (and I've tried all the usual passwords, pkteam, blank, pass)
    Tia

zefer wrote: »
    Is there a way to reset root password on box if you don't know it?

Went away on holidays, depowering everything before I went and when I came back, none of my passwords now work.
    Had to reset my router and start from scratch and I now can't get into box using dcc either
    I don't rember changing the root password but maybe I did.
    Using hyp4 (and I've tried all the usual passwords, pkteam, blank, pass)
    Tia
    On the main page of dreambox control it should say the password
    If this is now not working I would imagine when you reset your router it has now got a different IP address than your box or DHCP has assigned a new address

Technofobe wrote: »
    On the main page of dreambox control it should say the password
    If this is now not working I would imagine when you reset your router it has now got a different IP address than your box or DHCP has assigned a new address

Nope, it's not that. Wish it was that easy!
    IP address on box is static and is same as always. It's defo a password issue

• Advertisement

You could go in the menu and see if your box has a static or dhcp address
    if its static you can change it to whatever your new router settings are

As I doubt if the sat box password has changed at all more likley the reset of the router has mess things up a little but should be straight forward to get it back on the network

zefer wrote: »
    Nope, it's not that. Wish it was that easy!

download netscan.exe and see can you see your box

download netscan.exe and see can you see your box

I can see my box, as I said it's the same IP address as always and dcc can see it.
    Just won't connect. As I said it's defo a password issue as I'm getting username/pwd error when connecting with FileZilla for example.
    I was going reflash another image anyway, so I'll just do that

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Could it be the selected audio is the narrated one that you get on bbc hd
    for visually impared it plays a description of whats happening for people
    if you press the yellow button and select a different audio does it still happen
    or if you try the SD version of bbc does it still happen

Wasn't that unfortunately.

no one else experiencing sound drop outs on BBC1 HD today?

Picture is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Wasn't that unfortunately.

no one else experiencing sound drop outs on BBC1 HD today?

Picture is fine.

All grand here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Just a little recommendation (if you didn't know already!) for people who like to watch movies and tv series on their AA2, XBMC Addons is a lovely little plugin, it's not the full XBMC but it is very good. Once installed there are lots of add-ons you can install. Mashup is an excellent add-on for movies/series, just about all the links work with no buffering and the quality is excellent. There are live TV streams and sporting events which are little more hit and miss as you'd expect.

I really recommend downloading it as it's far superior to the like of TS Media and the 1Channel plugins

There are lots of other add-on you can download to it, MashUp and NaviXtreme are two of the best but you should play around with the others and see what's on offer.

enigma2-plugin-extensions-xbmcaddons_7.0_r0_all.ipk

To install just FTP the file to TMP and install it from the box, or alternatively use 7zip to extract the files and FTP to the root

i have ftpd this over and cant find it on the box, any idea where i can find it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    No you only put the ipk in tmp if your going to install it using the installer. If your planning on ftping the files over extract the usr folder and put it in /. Then reboot and it should be installed.

I put the ipk file in tmp and when I installed it said Version 7.0 is no longer supported, Version 8 available for download.

When I press Menu I can see XBMCaddons, when I press XBMCaddons a menu comes up saying
    ADDONS Settings Exit

When I press Addons it's blank except at the bottom which says

delete addons (red) script modules (green) Software (yellow) more addons (blue)

What should I do next (I'm using Freshpots Hyperion V4)?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

givecredit wrote: »

Worked perfectly, thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

Hi guys,

i have Open ATV 4.2 installed on an Alien 2. I'm trying to setup AutoBouquetes. All I want is just the FTA channels in the bouquets. No reference to any other pay channels. I've tried deleting all the bouquets, and then configuring the AutoBouquete plugin to only search for FTA. Yet when it's complete the search, i will have sky channels and other channels not available for free in my bouquets. Am i missing a step here?

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

FatBeard wrote: »
    Hi guys,

i have Open ATV 4.2 installed on an Alien 2. I'm trying to setup AutoBouquetes. All I want is just the FTA channels in the bouquets. No reference to any other pay channels. I've tried deleting all the bouquets, and then configuring the AutoBouquete plugin to only search for FTA. Yet when it's complete the search, i will have sky channels and other channels not available for free in my bouquets. Am i missing a step here?

thanks.

Hi

I just put all the FTAs into the favourite bouquet and delete all the others. Transfer them from the last scanned bouquet by hitting menu and move to bouquet. I tend to do two separate scans - one terrestrial and one satellite - transferring channels after each scan and then reordering them in the favourites.

I get rid of all the other bouquets when I have the channels I want - keeps the missus happy as it is easier to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

how.gareth wrote: »

i have ftpd this over and cant find it on the box, any idea where i can find it please?
    cyndale wrote: »
    I
    delete addons (red) script modules (green) Software (yellow) more addons (blue)

What should I do next (I'm using Freshpots Hyperion V4)?

They released a new version a few days ago and seems they removed all the addons from the previous version so you couldn't download any.

This is the latest version (V8.0)

I'm not sure if this is as stable as the last version as I've only played around with it a bit today and I have heard some mixed reports. The best addon I've seen on this version is probably the Alluc Addon -

To install, FTP the IPK file to TMP and then you must install it on whatever image you're using, for example on Hyperion 4 you can install it from the Blue Panel (PLUGINS-ADDONS-IPK MENU-INSTALL)

Or alternatively you can extract the folders using 7zip and then FTP them to the ROOT

You must then reboot the box, go to the plugins menu and open XBMC Addons, it will install an update and then reboot again. To install addons go to;
    Addons > then press blue button > then choose international English > alluc.zip (or whatever). You must then exit back to the main menu and then your addons will appear.

33n9r11.jpg
    259fnrt.jpg
    15x0pvp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭championc

For anyone looking to install .ipk files, there is another quite simple method too

FTP the .ipk file to the TMP folder
    Telnet to your box and type the following

CD /TMP
    ipkg install xxxxxx.ipk

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What version of software do you guys recomend at the moment?

I'm running Champs OpenATV at the moment, but I seem to be having an issue where certain channels take an awful long time to first display sound or audio, once it has loaded that channel once it does not have the same issue if you go back to it. Anyone seeing the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

What version of software do you guys recomend at the moment?

I'm running Champs OpenATV at the moment, but I seem to be having an issue where certain channels take an awful long time to first display sound or audio, once it has loaded that channel once it does not have the same issue if you go back to it. Anyone seeing the same?

Hyperion 4 is the best daily runner IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

:cool:

• Advertisement

+1

lads im looking to do a back up for the first time and cant find the plugin on spark, only have the upgrade option. anyone any link to where i can find it please?

lads im looking to do a back up for the first time and cant find the plugin on spark, only have the upgrade option. anyone any link to where i can find it please?

It's in Champions download folder, look for one of his posts, the link in his sig

It's in Champions download folder, look for one of his posts, the link in his sig

I've just gone through all his folders and cant see anything marked "back up"?

I've just gone through all his folders and cant see anything marked "back up"?

It's the e2upgrade plugin, you install it in Spark which has the option to backup. There are two versions of e2upgrade, the one you got that only does upgrade and this other one that does both upgrade and backup

It's the e2upgrade plugin, you install it in Spark which has the option to backup. There are two versions of e2upgrade, the one you got that only does upgrade and this other one that does both upgrade and backup

I can't find anything named that either? I presume it's something obvious I'm missing as usual

I can't find anything named that either? I presume it's something obvious I'm missing as usual

Why didn't you read the readme? It's the first 3 steps.
    1. Download the E2 Plugins from the following link http://goo.gl/bcSWub. Take the whole folder and copy it to the root of any USB stick
    2. Boot the box into the default Spark operating system. If your box is in Enigma already, turn it off, hold in the OK button on the box and keep it pressed, turn on the box and release the OK when you see the FORC message on the box. Press the Up arrow on the box which will then say SPAR and then press OK
    3. Insert the stick into the box. The system will see the stick being installed and prompt for the installation of the plugins - say "Yes"

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

NUTZZ wrote: »
    They released a new version a few days ago and seems they removed all the addons from the previous version so you couldn't download any.

This is the latest version (V8.0)

I'm not sure if this is as stable as the last version as I've only played around with it a bit today and I have heard some mixed reports. The best addon I've seen on this version is probably the Alluc Addon -

To install, FTP the IPK file to TMP and then you must install it on whatever image you're using, for example on Hyperion 4 you can install it from the Blue Panel (PLUGINS-ADDONS-IPK MENU-INSTALL)

Or alternatively you can extract the folders using 7zip and then FTP them to the ROOT

You must then reboot the box, go to the plugins menu and open XBMC Addons, it will install an update and then reboot again. To install addons go to;
    Addons > then press blue button > then choose international English > alluc.zip (or whatever). You must then exit back to the main menu and then your addons will appear.

33n9r11.jpg
    259fnrt.jpg
    15x0pvp.jpg

Installed this, added Sports Devil app, got green screen and now the box only boots to the Sky logo. :-(

Avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

cork_south wrote: »
    Installed this, added Sports Devil app, got green screen and now the box only boots to the Sky logo. :-(

Avoid!

Yeh seems to be lots of problems since the upgrade to V8 which is a shame, lots of green screens, the Alluc plugin seems to be the best one. They are working on it apparently though.

Sports Devil worked perfectly on the previous version.

• Advertisement

Why didn't you read the readme? It's the first 3 steps.

I told you I was missing something obvious. :-( thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement