Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

apologies if covered elsewhere but my epg doesn't get updated. (using Hyperion 4) even when I download now within crossepg, nothing downloads. in info about database in crossepg it shows filesize of 6.16mb but channel count is 0. It's saving to external hardisk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

BopperSnr wrote: »
    apologies if covered elsewhere but my epg doesn't get updated. (using Hyperion 4) even when I download now within crossepg, nothing downloads. in info about database in crossepg it shows filesize of 6.16mb but channel count is 0. It's saving to external hardisk.
    Also on hyper 4
    I Go
    Menu
    setup
    crossEPG 0.8.1
    configure
    *******Storage device /hdd
    Enable csv import no
    Force epg reload on boot no
    Scheduled download disabled
    show as plugin yes
    show as extension yes
    show force reload as plugin no
    Download now shows a gear icon and reading titles 935 channels
    then parsing titles then reading summaries
    downloads around 16mb
    scroll down and select force epg reload

In info about database
    version 0.8.1
    total size 11.36mb
    Channels count 684

What does yours say for last update time
    also is your box connected to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Zardoz

hallo dare wrote: »
    When you go to download it asks you where you want to download to. Just point it to where you want on your HDD

Is that on the standalone 1channel plugin or TSMedia ?

I think the download option might only be available in the TSMedia version .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Zardoz wrote: »
    Is that on the standalone 1channel plugin or TSMedia ?

I think the download option might only be available in the TSMedia version .

TSmedia

Done the changes you suggested:
    Menu
    setup
    crossEPG 0.8.1
    configure
    *******Storage device /hdd
    Enable csv import no
    Force epg reload on boot no
    Scheduled download disabled
    show as plugin yes
    show as extension yes
    show force reload as plugin no
    Download now shows a gear icon and shows starting downloader for a few seconds. then
    loading complete... nothing about reading titles or showing any information is downloading.

In info about database
    version 0.8.1
    total size 6.16 MB
    Channels count 0
    last update time showing the 17th sept but that may have been when I was playing around with downloading scripts from other providers like RAI.

I uninstalled and re-installed Cross EPG but still same issue.

• Advertisement

Go to menu-setup-crossepg-opentv provider. What's ticked 28.2 or 28.4? Try unticking one or the other and try downloading again. I used to have to do this with openarp. Usually having to tick 28.4 one day to download, then unticking and ticking 28.2 the next. Sometimes both needed to be ticked.

strange in Open TV providers, I only have 3 :
    Ausat openTV (Optussc1 on 156.0)
    Sky Italia OpenTV (Hotbird on 13.0)
    Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)

How do I add more?

BopperSnr wrote: »
    strange in Open TV providers, I only have 3 :
    Ausat openTV (Optussc1 on 156.0)
    Sky Italia OpenTV (Hotbird on 13.0)
    Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)

How do I add more?

You only need 28.2 if it's only sky uk you want. Make sure it's ticked.

You only need 28.2 if it's only sky uk you want. Make sure it's ticked.

Yes 28.2 is always the only one I have ticked. And it doesn't download anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

lads i managed to take a back up of my image and im wondering how i go about putting it back on my box please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

how.gareth wrote: »
    lads i managed to take a back up of my image and im wondering how i go about putting it back on my box please?

Use the same spark plugin you used to back it up, just press upgrade instead of backup.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Use the same spark plugin you used to back it up, just press upgrade instead of backup.

ah super i saw that option but was afraid to use it till i was sure, cheers for the quick reply

i have given all the different images a go over the last while and get small different problems with each one even after redownloading and reflashing, judging by peoples comments it seems that what works perfect on one persons box might not be as perfect on anothers. would that be down to different versions of boxes like amiko and sab or is it just pot luck? still tryin to understand a bit about how this all works to be honest

Franco__ wrote: »
    hi just installed this image all working fine except...........cool tv guide not working saying i need to upgrade to latest version -any ideas? thanks for the image btw

"ORIGINALLY POSTED BY TECHNOFOBE" You could also try an install using DCC as described in this little video
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=4392

might be worth a try. THIS WORKED A TREAT FOR ME! easy peasy :D

@zardoz, is there any particular reason why your image won't let me use the Sly skin? I install it and select it as my skin, but the box goes into a boot loop after that. Currently using Freshpots H4 image and it's running the sly skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Zardoz

@zardoz, is there any particular reason why your image won't let me use the Sly skin? I install it and select it as my skin, but the box goes into a boot loop after that. Currently using Freshpots H4 image and it's running the sly skin.

Not really sure why it doesnt work ,it could be something to do with the extended keymapper perhaps ?
    I tested the Sly skin a while back and it worked but I didnt like its performance or look so uninstalled it .
    Can you link me to the skin so I can test it ?

Not really sure why it doesnt work ,it could be something to do with the extended keymapper perhaps ?
    I tested the Sly skin a while back and it worked but I didnt like its performance or look so uninstalled it .

Not at the minute mate as I'm on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Is there a way to set the audio on the movie channels to mpeg by default as the the sound seems very low with AC3 channel.I can change with the yellow button and I have subtitles turned off but can I do it automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

amd64 wrote: »
    Is there a way to set the audio on the movie channels to mpeg by default as the the sound seems very low with AC3 channel.I can change with the yellow button and I have subtitles turned off but can I do it automatically.

Yes, there is a setting prefer ac3 track and another to downmix ac3 to stereo, have a look through the menu. This is what is happening, you are receiving surround and down mixing to stereo losing lots if the sound. You can also use the auto volume plugin to set sound settings of any channel

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Is it possible to watch a recording while it is still been recorded or does one have to wait till the recording is finished?

TIA

• Advertisement

Is it possible to watch a recording while it is still been recorded or does one have to wait till the recording is finished?

TIA

Not trying to be smart, but could you not just have tried it instead of asking???:rolleyes:

Anyway, you can watch while it's recording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

TIA

Yeah you can watch before its finished, just press the folder button and click on the recording and it'll start from the start.

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55039&page=4&highlight=sky.skin

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Just spotted this on the bargain alerts thread, if anyone is after a HD for recordings, down to £43.99.

This is the unofficially recommended hard disk to go with the AA2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PABFX8/ref=pe_769211_54468941_em_4p_1_im

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Just spotted this on the bargain alerts thread, if anyone is after a HD for recordings, down to £43.99.

This is the unofficially recommended hard disk to go with the AA2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PABFX8/ref=pe_769211_54468941_em_4p_1_im
    Would one with a plug not be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Maybe, if you can find a decent fast one, I have sold quite a few of those Samsung M3s, it's capable of recording 2x HD channels at the same time in the Spark test when very few others can. I recommend using a powered usb hub so it's not pulling power from the box. Also this price makes it around the same price as I get it from my supplier, may as well just advise my customers to buy direct and let Amazon handle the warranty and save myself support calls, especially if they're running permanent timeshift

I use the M3 since the very start and it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Is anyone using the amiko wifi dongle? I'm setting up a box (alien 2+) for someone, installed Zardoz Hyperion 4. It's looking for a wifi plugin to set it up. I know home plugs are a better option but he bought the wifi dongle before knowing about them. The box came with an enigma image from tv trade and we got the wifi working but I decided to put an image on that I was familiar with.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

In my experience some of the enigma images don't support wifi connection, I got around it by buying a range extender and taking an Ethernet from that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the images are set up for ethernet ive connected but it is tricky and in hyperion you need to change settings in the bluepckt and the network settings seperatly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement