Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys sorry to change the discussion a bit but i recently bought the alien 8900 and has e2 installed.great little box but when i try to auto bouquets maker i get timeout for tuner lock each time.anyone who has this box or similar know how to get it going.also what is the best image at the minute thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

I abandoned trying to get the dongle working, he's gonna buy powerline's less hassle and more reliable.. Got another question though. In zardoz's image I can't page down in the cool guide using channel up/down. Used to be able to do this in fresh pots image etc. I tried changing settings in user interface and cool tv guide. 2 and 8 work but i'd prefer to use the channel switch. Anyone know how to make this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Zardoz

aireng wrote: »
    I abandoned trying to get the dongle working, he's gonna buy powerline's less hassle and more reliable.. Got another question though. In zardoz's image I can't page down in the cool guide using channel up/down. Used to be able to do this in fresh pots image etc. I tried changing settings in user interface and cool tv guide. 2 and 8 work but i'd prefer to use the channel switch. Anyone know how to make this happen?

That could be the extended keymapper aireng ,it seems to effect the channel up/down thing ,you can change it via the blue button in pkt settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Does XBMC work on the amiko alien 2?

Does it require enigma?

Allows you access all those great features ;)

.also what is the best image at the minute thanks for any info

I use Hyperion 4 on it ,its very good.
    I will throw up a backup when I get a chance ,will probably be next week .
    I picked one up on ebay a while back for 65 euro (special offer),its a very nice little receiver ,very nippy and responsive.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    I use Hyperion 4 on it ,its very good.
    I will throw up a backup when I get a chance ,will probably be next week .
    I picked one up on ebay a while back for 65 euro (special offer),its a very nice little receiver ,very nippy and responsive.
    cheers mate whats so special about hyperion 4 anyway..ya im very happy with it expect that timeout for tuner lock message when i try auto bouquets maker.any idea or should i change the image

@zardoz my broadband data usage has gone through the roof in the last 2 weeks. I think its since I upgraded to your image, I'm not 100% sure though. Is there anything that could be eating the data in the background? Great image just checking in case. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

@zardoz my broadband data usage has gone through the roof in the last 2 weeks. I think its since I upgraded to your image, I'm not 100% sure though. Is there anything that could be eating the data in the background? Great image just checking in case. Thanks

Shouldn't be the image, are you doing any streaming from TSmedia or the like?

Haven't in the last week but its still going up. I checked all devices connected to the router and thats the only thing that could be using it. 7GB of upload data so far. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.

hallo dare wrote: »

Shouldn't be the image, are you doing any streaming from TSmedia or the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Haven't in the last week but its still going up. I checked all devices connected to the router and thats the only thing that could be using it. 7GB of upload data so far. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.

I had an issue with one image seeming to use a lot of data (givecredits Hyperion 4).
    Can't say it was the image for sure as there are a couple of other possibilities (new ipad in the house and decided to change wifi password at about the same time as install a new image, so if neighbours cracked the password I can't tell if it was that)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Upload points to you having a torrent left running and uploading

Is there anything that could be eating the data in the background?

Not that I can think of off hand.

I have my receiver connected to a wireless bridge using Gargoye software so I can check the data usage later.

cheers mate whats so special about hyperion 4 anyway..ya im very happy with it expect that timeout for tuner lock message when i try auto bouquets maker.any idea or should i change the image
    zardos any chance you have a idea bout my problem up above thanks

zardos any chance you have a idea bout my problem up above thanks

It could be a tuner configuration issue .
    Most people use Autobouquets by Lraizer instead of AutoBouquetsMaker .
    Perhaps you could give that a go ?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a86plraem3dqzap/autobouquets%20setup.zip?dl=0

Zardoz wrote: »
    It could be a tuner configuration issue .
    Most people use Autobouquets by Lraizer instead of AutoBouquetsMaker .
    Perhaps you could give that a go ?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a86plraem3dqzap/autobouquets%20setup.zip?dl=0
    would anyone be as kind as to show me how to do it or mabye u zardos could do it over teamviewer?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Quick question fellas, setting an AA2, up for my brother, was going to use Zardoz PKT image, and was wondering if there is any point in loading al the spark utilities if he's going to be using enigma?

I ask this as I have used spark for months and have only recently made the switch. I will also be pressed for time when I'm down at his house!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

you need the e2upgrade plugin on spark to load enigma 2 image

and then if the enigma crashes he can boot to spark

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi, I am currently using Give credits Hyp 4 image, great image.
    Problem is with the saving crossepg reverting to internal flash
    Has any1 got a fix for this thanks.
    Cant select hdd

pod2011 wrote: »
    Hi, I am currently using Give credits Hyp 4 image, great image.
    Problem is with the saving crossepg reverting to internal flash
    Has any1 got a fix for this thanks.
    Cant select hdd

Mount hdd in blupanel menu. Press portal button

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

The hd is already mounted
    recordings are glitchy on playback
    Cacheflush was saying only 4 percent free
    Crossepg was filling internal memory,I manually altered the /usr/crossepg/crossepg.config file to point to "db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg" as it always had. Problem is I can't go back to the plugin or it will reset it again!
    Swap file is enabled.

• Advertisement

Hi Lads, strange thing here, running Zardoz H4 image and all epg has dissappeared, also channels only in fta order. Ran autobouqets again but no luck, any advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Is memory usage important? I just checked info because the box is running a bit slow (Hyperion V4 Freshpots) and it says memory used 112Mb and Free 3Mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

cyndale wrote: »
    Is memory usage important? I just checked info because the box is running a bit slow (Hyperion V4 Freshpots) and it says memory used 112Mb and Free 3Mb.
    Just for comparison purposes also on hyper 4

MEM use 69.2 Free 44.7

Flash use 87.4 Free 31.6

Anyone have cacheflush working on an openATV image? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

hallo dare wrote: »
    Anyone have cacheflush working on an openATV image? Thanks

Don't think there is any need for it. I tried installing it before and it installed fine but then disappeared frok the plugins menu a day or so later. Haven't tried installing it again. Haven't had any memory related issues since so I don't see any point.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Don't think there is any need for it. I tried installing it before and it installed fine but then disappeared frok the plugins menu a day or so later. Haven't tried installing it again. Haven't had any memory related issues since so I don't see any point.

Cheers FP. Just curious as the box slowed down terribly today and had to reboot. Fist time it was rebooted since Friday morning. All good since rebooting today

Imstuck wrote: »
    Hi Lads, strange thing here, running Zardoz H4 image and all epg has dissappeared, also channels only in fta order. Ran autobouqets again but no luck, any advise?

I have the epg set up to update when the box goes into standby so unless you put it into standby every 6-7 days it wont update the epg.
    You can change it to update every day at a specific time if that suits you better.
    Run the epg downloader via the plugins

No idea why the channels are in fta order ,perhaps someone changed the autobouquets settings ?

Thanks Zardoz, that makes perfect sense as I have a habit off turning off power at night. Ran the epg downloaded via plugins and all ok once again.
    Thanks!

anyone have a hyperion 4 image for alien 8900 that i could have or maybe a link

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement