Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

i diid thanks is this the latest one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Zardoz

anyone have a hyperion 4 image for alien 8900 that i could have or maybe a link

I''ll upload a backup this evening for you.

thank you mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

This thread is for the Alien 2. If people want images for other STB's then please start a new thread for such. The previous Alien 2 thread was closed for getting too messy, so it would be nice to keep this thread for what it is.

ya i know thats why i dont want to start a new thread.just thought sum1 here is bound to have that image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

hallo dare wrote: »
    This thread is for the Alien 2. If people want images for other STB's then please start a new thread for such. The previous Alien 2 thread was closed for getting too messy, so it would be nice to keep this thread for what it is.

And so say all of us!:D

True to a point but the Alien 1 is also an SH4 chipset receiver so its architecture and file structure is almost identical to the Alien 2.
    The two receivers are very similar and plugins and code that work on one will also work on the other hence the Alien 1 has some merit for discussion on this thread .

Zardoz wrote: »
    True to a point but the Alien 1 is also an SH4 chipset receiver so its architecture and file structure is almost identical to the Alien 2.
    The two receivers are very similar and plugins and code that work on one will also work on the other hence the Alien 1 has some merit for discussion on this thread .

No, it's headed as Amiko alien 2, not 1. So as before, please keep this thread as it's designed for. We had enough of this messing in the previous thread and we see where that ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm uploading a copy of my Hyperion 4 backup which has a few modifications.
    Finally got around to installing the Hyperion 4 image on SAB triple over the weekend, very good, I like the layout,it reminds of my favorite DM800 image 'dreamelite blackhole' & any plugin I tried so far is working, I just swapped my Saorview (three rock) channel list for the one in the image & bingo. thanks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

In virtual zap,does anyone have pip working correctly in the infobar,when I try it,it just shows clear screen in infobar and the pip is still up in the top right corner of screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

It's gone all quiet on the new images front, anyone checked if OpenATV or vix4sh4 images have gotten any better recently or is everyone just happy with hyp4?

Hard to beat H4 she's a pretty stable image. I've just finished an openatv 4.2 on my box. Pretty happy with how she's going at the moment.
    HDBlue skin,
    Autotumer,
    Cacheflush,
    Permanent timeshift,
    Ts media 7.2,
    Crossepg.
    Ondemand

If i get a chance at the weekend I'll throw it onto the firmware tthread for you guys to try.

Hard to beat H4 she's a pretty stable image. I've just finished an openatv 4.2 on my box. Pretty happy with how she's going at the moment.
    HDBlue skin,
    Autotumer,
    Cacheflush,
    Permanent timeshift,
    Ts media 7.2,
    Crossepg.
    Ondemand

If i get a chance at the weekend I'll throw it onto the firmware tthread for you guys to try.

I've been using Freshpots Hyperion V4 and my experience is that it works fine for about 8-10 weeks then starts to get sluggish when pressing remote control buttons. I reflashed image again and it worked fine, again for about 8 10 weeks and the same thing happens. I notice that there is only about 2mb of memory left and about 123mb used. Has this got anything to do with it. The image is very stable other than that!

anyone know how to mount a drive in rw..thats the message i get when i try epg downloader.i tried formatted to ntfs and fat32.is there a way to get it to rw.cheers

anyone know how to mount a drive in rw..thats the message i get when i try epg downloader.i tried formatted to ntfs and fat32.is there a way to get it to rw.cheers

Format to ext3

cyndale wrote: »
    I've been using Freshpots Hyperion V4 and my experience is that it works fine for about 8-10 weeks then starts to get sluggish when pressing remote control buttons. I reflashed image again and it worked fine, again for about 8 10 weeks and the same thing happens. I notice that there is only about 2mb of memory left and about 123mb used. Has this got anything to do with it. The image is very stable other than that!

A reboot of the box once a week is good.

Format to ext3
    is that a option on the computer or the box

is that a option on the computer or the box

Both. Handier on the box. Jump onto spark, and you can format it there.

cheers will try now

A reboot of the box once a week is good.

I have been rebooting box, I am just wondering has memory anything to do with Hyperion V4 being slow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

I have been rebooting box, I am just wondering has memory anything to do with Hyperion V4 being slow?
    How many plugins you got on it ?

This is a copy of my hyper 4 pretty basic but your welcome to try it if you like
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cigv96aqqwm5enk/Backup%20hyper%204%2015-09-14.7z?dl=0
    Password
    root
    Scooby/2024

I have mine set to do a shut down on a short press of the power on the remote rather than false standby
    so mine gets a shutdown every night and i dont seem to suffer the slow responsiveness you have described

Memory has everything to do with the box. The more in use, the slower it becomes. Have yougot ccacheflush running? It will keep the box smooth. Also, have yougot yyour epg saving to your hdd? If it saves to the internal flash it'll slow your box right down.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

When people say 'reboot' is this just turning the power off/ on?
    First glitching tonight on Zardoz' H4, but I'm putting it down to the weather.... Got awful windy out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gunner7

hi lads i am new to this and just got my box and as you can imagine completly lost,the box is setup for enigma2 and channels and autoboquets installed,now i know this cannot be discussed in the forum but i relly need help with putting a nline on it as i have spent 4days banging my head off the wall trying to do it,having tried varios methods without success,can someone please pm me a newbie guide to doing this as im completely lost,thank you.

gunner7 wrote: »
    hi lads i am new to this and just got my box and as you can imagine completly lost,the box is setup for enigma2 and channels and autoboquets installed,now i know this cannot be discussed in the forum but i relly need help with putting a nline on it as i have spent 4days banging my head off the wall trying to do it,having tried varios methods without success,can someone please pm me a newbie guide to doing this as im completely lost,thank you.

Sorry, simply cannot be discussed.

Imstuck wrote: »
    First glitching tonight on Zardoz' H4, but I'm putting it down to the weather.... Got awful windy out there

Yes

Memory has everything to do with the box. The more in use, the slower it becomes. Have yougot ccacheflush running? It will keep the box smooth. Also, have yougot yyour epg saving to your hdd? If it saves to the internal flash it'll slow your box right down.

That's what I thought, I will check if ccacheflush is running. Yeah I have epg saving to HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Imstuck wrote: »

Don't just power the box off, use the standby/restart from the menu

My box never slows down at all ,ever but I do turn it off every night so that could be the reason it works well.

I did find that VirtualZap was using alot of memory on my receiver when I had it running ,I wasn't happy with its performance .

Hyperion 4 has better memory usage than Hyperion 3.
    Permanent timeshift is another memory hog btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 coughlt

Hi all.
    Been using the amiko alien 2 for a few days now. My box is constantly freezing and locking up. Its running an enigma2 image and has cacheflush running. Also I've pointed anything I can see to the hd. Needs a reset each time it locks. Any pointers for a noob on this box...its Mrs impossible at the mo. Don't think I could bear the hassle when I integrate it to my home setup if freezing is this bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement