Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

coughlt wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Been using the amiko alien 2 for a few days now. My box is constantly freezing and locking up. Its running an enigma2 image and has cacheflush running. Also I've pointed anything I can see to the hd. Needs a reset each time it locks. Any pointers for a noob on this box...its Mrs impossible at the mo. Don't think I could bear the hassle when I integrate it to my home setup if freezing is this bad.
    What image are you using
    hyper 4
    open atv
    open arp
    ?
    Does it lock up when using spark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭championc

cyndale wrote: »
    I have been rebooting box, I am just wondering has memory anything to do with Hyperion V4 being slow?

I reckon your problem is with the CrossEPG Database filling up your box. Delete the entire CrossEPG folder on your HDD weekly or fortnightly and it will be re-created when CrossEPG is run the next time.

The database never gets purged automatically so it is constantly being added to.

You could delete it automatically weekly with a cron job

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

How does the cross epg fill up your box when it's set to HDD?
    Genuine question!

I ask this as cool TV guide is far far less responsive than hitting the fav button to go into autobouqets, is that the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 coughlt

@Technofobe - Im using OpenATV (out of the BOX). Haven't tried booting in to Spark yet. Was hoping not to have to.

@Championc - I don't believe its the crossepg as this is pointing to HD and ive only been using it for an hour before it locks up for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

@Technofobe - Im using OpenATV (out of the BOX). Haven't tried booting in to Spark yet. Was hoping not to have to.

@Championc - I don't believe its the crossepg as this is pointing to HD and ive only been using it for an hour before it locks up for example.

For starters, don't start off with openatv if this is your first time using this box and you've little knowledge of such, as it's still in the testing stage. Within the menu's there's also another EPG option that needs setting to HDD as it's originally pointing to Internal flash. This could be your problem.

If you're hell bent on staying on openatv, i'll be uploading an image i've tricked with and have working to my liking in the next day or so.

Go with Hyperion 4. Image can be found in the firmware thread.

• Advertisement

Whilst on the topic of slowing boxes I'm just having a look at some settings etc, had a look at cacheflush and was alarmed at the 'used' memory, should I be??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Nah! Mines the same and she's going like a dinger!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Zardoz wrote: »
    My box never slows down at all ,ever but I do turn it off every night so that could be the reason it works well.

I did find that VirtualZap was using alot of memory on my receiver when I had it running ,I wasn't happy with its performance .

Hyperion 4 has better memory usage than Hyperion 3.
    Permanent timeshift is another memory hog btw

I turn mine off every night as well! I will check if VirtualZap and Permanent timeshift.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Hi all.
    Been using the amiko alien 2 for a few days now. My box is constantly freezing and locking up. Its running an enigma2 image and has cacheflush running. Also I've pointed anything I can see to the hd. Needs a reset each time it locks. Any pointers for a noob on this box...its Mrs impossible at the mo. Don't think I could bear the hassle when I integrate it to my home setup if freezing is this bad.

I got my new Ameiko running ATV with enigma 2 pre Installed found it very buggy kept freezing all the time I solved it by Installing a fresh ATV image from one of the guys on here works great now

championc wrote: »
    I reckon your problem is with the CrossEPG Database filling up your box. Delete the entire CrossEPG folder on your HDD weekly or fortnightly and it will be re-created

Just deleted the cross epg from HDD and the response from remote in cool tv is absolute lightning.
    Many thanks.

Is there any way I can continue to scroll channels in cool tv away from the genre it is on at the present time? i.e. If in kids to continue scrolling into entertainment without changing channel?
    (Zardoz H4)

• Advertisement

@Technofobe - Im using OpenATV (out of the BOX).
    Yeah i also think openATV is still not quite at the everyday runner stage yet
    I put it back on my box last week to try and see if it had gotten any better and it would not update said the upload had been reported as faulty
    so I took it back off again
    I have no doubt it will be good when its finished but I guess its still a little buggy for everyday use
    you could try the hyper 4 ive uploaded a few posts back
    its skint to the bone ( very few plugins ) only 60 mb compared to the usual 117 mb of other images only takes a few mins to upload and may be worth a try even to rule out hardware issue with the box
    it is tuned to the greystones transmitter for saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

I have been using OpenATV 4.2 for the last 2 weeks or so and have found it great. Last update I tried had a problem downloading but they had since fixed it. Not updated it in the last few days but I find it very stable.
    I have it set to reboot everyday and go to stand by.
    Not noticed any slowdown like I did with H4. Everyone else seems to like that image but I just didnt like it.
    Mrs has not threatened to throw the box out in a while so thats something

gar wrote: »
    Mrs has not threatened to throw the box out in a while so thats something
    I hear you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stevenpc

Technofobe wrote: »
    How many plugins you got on it ?

This is a copy of my hyper 4 pretty basic but your welcome to try it if you like

I have mine set to do a shut down on a short press of the power on the remote rather than false standby
    so mine gets a shutdown every night and i dont seem to suffer the slow responsiveness you have described

hi whats the login pw using dcc??

stevenpc wrote: »
    hi whats the login pw using dcc??
    Scooby/2014

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Imstuck wrote: »

Is there any way I can continue to scroll channels in cool tv away from the genre it is on at the present time? i.e. If in kids to continue scrolling into entertainment without changing channel?
    (Zardoz H4)

Page+/ Page- Buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Which H4 image is the one to use?

That works with just a channel scan doesnt break in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pawtrick

could anyone explain to me how i go about adding TSmedia and Sportmax to my enigma2 software on my amiko alien 2+ box???

pawtrick wrote: »
    could anyone explain to me how i go about adding TSmedia and Sportmax to my enigma2 software on my amiko alien 2+ box???
    for ts media on hyperion 4 anyway go to plugins
    download plugins and I think its under media
    That's of course assuming the box is connected to duh interweb thingy

for ts media on hyperion 4 anyway go to plugins
    download plugins and I think its under media
    That's of course assuming the box is connected to duh interweb thingy

i dont seem to have that option

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Have you had tsmedia installed previously? If you don't see tsmsdia in the downloadable plugins section, check the remove plugins section and if it's there remove it and install the new version.

What image are you using
    there are different flavours of enigma 2
    Open ATV
    hyperion 4
    open ARP

?

What image are you using
    there are different flavours of enigma 2
    Open ATV
    hyperion 4
    open ARP

?

champions open A-RP

champions open A-RP

Havent tried that one yet
    No doubt someone will come along and let you know how its done :-)

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Have you had tsmedia installed previously? If you don't see tsmsdia in the downloadable plugins section, check the remove plugins section and if it's there remove it and install the new version.

i had it on a different e2 package but it was unstable and froze on the sly channels all the time, but i liked ts media and would like to add it to this a-rp flash

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

Just downloading freshpots hprion 4 image to try as I aint having much luck with anything else. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about doing a channel scan for scotland and what frequency to use in my area?

thunda wrote: »
    Just downloading freshpots hprion 4 image to try as I aint having much luck with anything else. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about doing a channel scan for scotland and what frequency to use in my area?

is the hyprion 4 image reliable for the sly channels?? and it has tsmedia?

Hyper 4 has ts media

Hyper 4 has ts media

anyone got a quick link to the image?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

what's the best way to do a full scan for my area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement