Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    I'm using it as that and having no problems.
    Cool, will give it a go. Looks good in the pics. Thanks for the upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

I'm using it as that and having no problems.

How do I resize image on screen because when in menus some of text is off screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

amd64 wrote: »
    How do I resize image on screen because when in menus some of text is off screen.

Usually with the zoom button on your TV remote

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Usually with the zoom button on your TV remote

I'm using fresh pots image which looks good but at the start of a blank openatv image u get an option to position image on screen (move it up, down, left or right) thats what I'm looking for

I'm using fresh pots image which looks good but at the start of a blank openatv image u get an option to position image on screen (move it up, down, left or right) thats what I'm looking for

I just flashed it and I get it too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Not at home now so can't look at the box but it's somewhere in settings, osd settings. Either that or on your TV remote choose auto ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Its in the extended menu settings, you will see osd, go in there and work away

hallo dare wrote: »
    Its in the extended menu settings, you will see osd, go in there and work away

Found it, thanks

This OpenAtv seems to be filling my hdd with crap, it seems permanent timeshift is saving everything in individual named files and not an overwritable timeshift file. Think I'll be going back to Hyperion tbh, this won't pass the missis test

Edit, ok found it, autorecord in timeshift settings

Also be sure to check your epg storing location and I've seen it set to internal flash on a few images. Path is menu-setup-system-extended system-epg-settings.

• Advertisement

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    This OpenAtv seems to be filling my hdd with crap, it seems permanent timeshift is saving everything in individual named files and not an overwritable timeshift file. Think I'll be going back to Hyperion tbh, this won't pass the missis test

Edit, ok found it, autorecord in timeshift settings
    Yeah I have it set that way so you can rewind live TV whenever you like.

Don't need that enabled to rewind or pause live tv mate.

Don't need that enabled to rewind or pause live tv mate.

If it's disabled you can't rewind back any further than when you first paused the channel no?

Not for me anyway FP. Mine works exactly like your H4 image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

how.gareth wrote: »
    Lads when Im on cooltvguide I can only exit it by zapping a channel, I have gone thru the button options but can't find any one to just exit, any ideas please?

For those who care, long red button exits cooltvguide on champs arp

Permanent timeshift is enabled, it allows you do this, no need to have auto record as well.

I'm back using the mymetrix skin, don't know why all images have the sky skin, it's horrible. Anyone get it linked to the openstore? If so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

some channels i select it comes up timeshift not activated then black screen, image looks good so far though just trying to get it working

thunda wrote: »
    some channels i select it comes up timeshift not activated then black screen, image looks good so far though just trying to get it working

Did you mount the drive?

It's in Menu-infopanel-plugins-mount manager.

usb is in the back i thought it was auto mount?

usb is in the back i thought it was auto mount?

Swap file is, no harm in checking that it's mounted correctly.

• Advertisement

ok thanks hard drive mounted, ran AB for scotland area and screen started flickering everything messed up so i rebooted box from rocker switch to find a totally empty EPG, trying to scan again.

ok thanks hard drive mounted, ran AB for scotland area and screen started flickering everything messed up so i rebooted box from rocker switch to find a totally empty EPG, trying to scan again.

Im sure FP has it already set, but check my post just back a bit in relation to epg path

Im sure FP has it already set, but check my post just back a bit in relation to epg path

EPG path shouldn't have anything to do with autobouqet maker working or not. also this image is using xmltv importer instead of crossepg. Seems to work just as well but less intrusive on the screen.

EPG path shouldn't have anything to do with autobouqet maker working or not. also this image is using xmltv importer instead of crossepg. Seems to work just as well but less intrusive on the screen.

I never said it did. But i only found out myself after a few days when my box started slowing diwn, that the epg settings (not Crossepg settings) were set to internal flash. Changing this to hdd sorted that problem.

I never said it did. But i only found out myself after a few days when my box started slowing diwn, that the epg settings (not Crossepg settings) were set to internal flash. Changing this to hdd sorted that problem.

Sorry, misread your post.

@thunda how did the scan go?

hi fresh pots re flashing image doesnt seem to like me doing a scan for scotland area for some reason, still saying time shift not available

hi fresh pots re flashing image doesnt seem to like me doing a scan for scotland area for some reason, still saying time shift not available

Not sure what to tell you. It always says timeshift not available once immediately after you switch on the box but after that it disappears for me.

Not sure if it'll make any difference but you could try updating the software in the software management menu. Some new updates today.

I'll try again and if I have no luck I'll do an update . I could leave it as is just means I dont have bbc scotland which is a pain

I'll try again and if I have no luck I'll do an update . I could leave it as is just means I dont have bbc scotland which is a pain

If that's all your missing then manually scan it and add it into your bouquet of choice. You'll get the frequency on Google

• Advertisement

How do I create and enable a swap file on openatv, hunting through the menus but cannot find

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement