Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

are they real or clones i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

are they real or clones i wonder

They are real ,there are no clones of the Alien 2/Triplex/Sab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

thanks for all ur help

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Zardoz wrote: »
    In what ways did you think the picture was better exactly ?
    Better on sd or hd or both ?
    Sharper picture ,less noise ?
    I feel the HD quality is just that little bit crisper! SD is just about the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

On open atv I have a standby timer set. Once it gets invoked though I cant the box to turn back on without flipping the power switch. It's only a sleep timer not a deep sleep timer. Anyone else having these issues?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Looks like Sky Italia are starting a big move on eradicating CS. After the success of HD they have now started their move on SD.

Other than using Cacheflush is there any other way to increase memory on Hyperion V4?

cyndale wrote: »
    Other than using Cacheflush is there any other way to increase memory on Hyperion V4?

Delete a load of unwanted plugins

hallo dare wrote: »
    Delete a load of unwanted plugins

How do you delete plugins, I've tried but I can't.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

cyndale wrote: »
    How do you delete plugins, I've tried but I can't.:(
    Go into
    Menu
    Plugins
    Remove plugins
    go up or down with the remote
    select plugin you want ( say ) tsmedia by going to media press ok
    the folder will expand use up or down to select tsmedia press ok
    press red to remove
    reboot

• Advertisement

Apoligies in advance if this has been covered before
    Are there any images for AA2 with ondemand working trying to get the bbciplayer workin for the youngster but it green screens on hyper 4
    Cheers

Technofobe wrote: »
    Are there any images for AA2 with ondemand working trying to get the bbciplayer workin for the youngster but it green screens on hyper 4
    Cheers

Open 4.2. But you'll need a smart dns for to get anything working that's not Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

What's the est way to delete plugins that come as part of the image?
    For example I removed all unused plugins using the menu a while back, but my plugins menu has many more that I do not have the option to remove via the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Cheers

It's included in openatv

Open 4.2. But you'll need a smart dns for to get anything working that's not Irish!

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    It's included in openatv
    thanks for that
    Will give it a run later on :)

How is openATV these days is it stable yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

This seems to be the cheapest place ,149 euro delivered
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171136350524?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Its the Sab Triple ,but its the same hardware as the Alien 2 and the Golden Media Triplex.

Have that box, got it from TvTrade in Portarlington, who I found fine to deal with.

They have it on offer now for €138.99 delivered, which is a good price, I think I paid about €150. They also have good tech support, very comprehensive video instruction on how to set things up, etc. They'll also install Enigma for you for €2.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/triple-tuner.html

Would I still need a smart dns on openATV for it to work
    As I thought I read on linux sat support probably about the vix image that it was not reigon locked
    Or maybe im still half asleep :-)
    Thanks again

The Amiko Alien 2+ now for €149 vat included in tv trade
    I Paid 165 for mine from there couple of months ago so thats a pretty good deal

http://www.tvtrade.ie/amiko-alien-2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Would I still need a smart dns on openATV for it to work
    As I thought I read on linux sat support probably about the vix image that it was not reigon locked
    Or maybe im still half asleep :-)
    Thanks again

Still region blocked on openatv.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Still region blocked on openatv.

Thanks for the reply
    No point loading openATV so only wanted to get it on the bigger screen for the youngster instead of watching it on pc with Hola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Hi all, have got Amiko alien box and using openatv 4.2 image. I have two issues that I can't figure out, maybe you more experienced bods can help!

First one is I've formatted a 7 gb usb ext3 and plugged into rear USB, mounted it but I can't pause/rewind or record. USB is shown as 7gb free but when I hit record the box reports USB is full. I've unmounted and mounted again but no luck.

Second one is resolution on screen seems slightly too wide for my Panasonic viera. All four edges are slightly off screen. I've adjusted the TV to 4:3 and issue remains. So it must be box output. I've changed the box output to letterbox/pan etc and the display is still the same.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liverpoolee

Hi all, just a quick question. I already have alien 2 running hyperion 4 downstairs in my house. Running sweet at the moment.
    I've got a skybox f5s upstairs which has also been running fine but I'm a bit annoyed at having to update the channel list every few weeks.
    My question is this. If I get the alien 8900 single tuner for upstairs can I just load my exact enigma2 image on it from the alien2 box downstairs? Can the single tuner cope with that image?
    Obviously I'd change the tuner config after it was loaded. Would that work?
    Thanks in advance....lee

rofno1 wrote: »
    Hi all, have got Amiko alien box and using openatv 4.2 image. I have two issues that I can't figure out, maybe you more experienced bods can help!

First one is I've formatted a 7 gb usb ext3 and plugged into rear USB, mounted it but I can't pause/rewind or record. USB is shown as 7gb free but when I hit record the box reports USB is full. I've unmounted and mounted again but no luck.

Second one is resolution on screen seems slightly too wide for my Panasonic viera. All four edges are slightly off screen. I've adjusted the TV to 4:3 and issue remains. So it must be box output. I've changed the box output to letterbox/pan etc and the display is still the same.

Any ideas?

1. Jump into Spark and format it there.

2. Go to OSD settings and adjust your screen size there.

Hi all, just a quick question. I already have alien 2 running hyperion 4 downstairs in my house. Running sweet at the moment.
    I've got a skybox f5s upstairs which has also been running fine but I'm a bit annoyed at having to update the channel list every few weeks.
    My question is this. If I get the alien 8900 single tuner for upstairs can I just load my exact enigma2 image on it from the alien2 box downstairs? Can the single tuner cope with that image?
    Obviously I'd change the tuner config after it was loaded. Would that work?
    Thanks in advance....lee

No, it wouldn't work. But if you pm Zardoz i think he has an image for the Alien 8900 that's similar.

You didn't read my post properly?!

I've attached a link for you to have a look at.

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/05/07/how-to-access-foreign-tv-for-the-absolute-beginner/

Thanks for the reply
    No point loading openATV so only wanted to get it on the bigger screen for the youngster instead of watching it on pc with Hola

No, it wouldn't work. But if you pm Zardoz i think he has an image for the Alien 8900 that's similar.

Thanks mate, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Have that box, got it from TvTrade in Portarlington, who I found fine to deal with.

They have it on offer now for €138.99 delivered, which is a good price, I think I paid about €150.

138.99 is great value .
    Almost unheard of to have a Triple tuner at this price ,its less than half the price of the Solo 2 or Gigablue Quad (which only come with 2 tuners at that price).

I have indeed but I'm not sure where to post it on here yet.:confused:

I have indeed but I'm not sure where to post it on here yet.:confused:
    when you figure it out let me know please ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

1. Jump into Spark and format it there.

2. Go to OSD settings and adjust your screen size there.

Brilliant! Thanks! Only new issue now is "time shift not available" on the saorview channels.

• Advertisement

rofno1 wrote: »
    Brilliant! Thanks! Only new issue now is "time shift not available" on the saorview channels.

Can't say i have that problem. Is it okay for the satellite channel? If yyou're having the same issue with the satellite channels, then all i can tell you is to make sure timeshift is turned on and that your timeshift path is correct, as in pointing towards hdd. Also, the rewind/fast forward buttons aren't mapped right with the remote. The skip forward and skip back buttons are your fast forward and rewind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement