Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I gave up.using this box as a media center, it never played back in good quality there was always some issue. Its good as a "TV" box to watch and record that's all I use it for now.

Get a chromecast or nowtv box and use Plex to watch your other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The Chromecast has it's limitations, struggles with 1080p and is wireless only, no Ethernet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Slevster wrote: »
    try using the back usb port and force upload.
    tried both front and back and still the same.why is this

tried both front and back and still the same.why is this

Format your usb key and flash it from spark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

I gave up.using this box as a media center, it never played back in good quality there was always some issue. Its good as a "TV" box to watch and record that's all I use it for now.

Check out the ODroid-C1, a Raspberry Pi on steroids - http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G141578608433

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Format your usb key and flash it from spark
    i did that and still wont boot.redownloaded and still same

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Slevster wrote: »
    Brilliant.

I remember folks on the previous version of this thread asking if anyone had tried this. there were rumours of others having done it, but no conclusive proof.

Well done. (hope the sticky tape stays stuck!)

The tape is surprisingly solid I had to reposition the caddy slightly and it took a lot of force to remove it. Long term the heat and vibrations from the drive itself might take its toll.

The issues people are having with ATV do they just affect the latest version of the box? Mine is 4/5 months old and I seem unaffected but it's on a second TV and the drive is only used for time shifting so I guess I'm not triggering the problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Zardoz wrote: »
    I have the original GMT ,I'll try it on that .

I tried out Champs Openatv image on my GMT v1 and unfortunately it had the same recording issues.
    It only happened when I was trying to record something on the terrestrial tuner and switched to sat or vica versa .After the recording ended or was stopped I'd lose either Sat or Terrestrial channels.
    When trying to restart the gui ,it also said recordings were in progress when they werent.

I also had a few other bugs
    The time and date was also wrong on the receiver ,the audio levels sometimes froze and timeshift was a bit iffy.

The interface is nice and the picture had more punch than Hyperion which has a very high gamma setting for some reason ,making the picture too dark.

Thanks for the update man, I see champ has a post on the OATV fourm but there isn't much support there.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Thanks for the update man, I see champ has a post on the OATV fourm but there isn't much support there.

Over the weekend I was recording something on RTE1 and all the UK channels went black screen. I didn't want to reboot as it would have cut my recording in 2 so I just left things as they were.

Interestingly while RTE1 was being recorded a timer record kicked in on BBC1, even though I could not view BBC1 live, the timer recording actually recorded the entire program on BBC1 no problem. (I checked this after reboot)

Will be ditching champions openatv 4.2 image and going back to freshPots Hyperion, just haven't had the chance to do it over the Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

I tried out Champs Openatv image on my GMT v1 and unfortunately it had the same recording issues.
    It only happened when I was trying to record something on the terrestrial tuner and switched to sat or vica versa .After the recording ended or was stopped I'd lose either Sat or Terrestrial channels.
    When trying to restart the gui ,it also said recordings were in progress when they werent.

I also had a few other bugs
    The time and date was also wrong on the receiver ,the audio levels sometimes froze and timeshift was a bit iffy.

The interface is nice and the picture had more punch than Hyperion which has a very high gamma setting for some reason ,making the picture too dark.

I have same issue with recording had not really noticed it before

But im not using Champs image I had downloaded a new copy from the openATV site and started from scratch

Same issue start a record on a sat channel then stop it and change to terrestial channel get a black screen and no audio

If I start a record and change channel without stopping record everything is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Went from OpenATV 4.2 to FreshPots Hv4.5 last night and everything is working perfectly again.
    Great image.

For any who are interested, I just updated my image again to include a NTP time update fix, and have removed the original CrossEPG database which I had saved to the box, so it will free up some memory.

Regarding the timer recording "issues", it seems that the solution is that if you set a timer, leave it alone !!!

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

championc wrote: »
    For any who are interested, I just updated my image again to include a NTP time update fix, and have removed the original CrossEPG database which I had saved to the box, so it will free up some memory.

I noticed that there was only 20Mb of Flash memory free on your previous backup which seems very little ,its normally ~50Mb on any other image I've used .
    Is this normal for OpenATV ?

Edit ,just installed a nightly build and there is 64Mb of Flash free

Does it matter if you install the Alien 2 backup on a Triplex ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Does it matter if you install the Alien 2 backup on a Triplex ?

Both the same box under the hood so you can flash images for one box on the other. I have one of each and often copy the image from one and put it on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Lads,
    Has there been any fix on the low audio issue??
    Using fresh pots image by the way!

I noticed that there was only 20Mb of Flash memory free on your previous backup which seems very little ,its normally ~50Mb on any other image I've used .
    Is this normal for OpenATV ?

Edit ,just installed a nightly build and there is 64Mb of Flash free

As you add the plugins, you eat up memory. So if you start with my image, I would strongly recommend removing all plugins that you don't need or use. The more you delete, the nearer you'll get back to the magic 64mb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

cork_south wrote: »
    Went from OpenATV 4.2 to FreshPots Hv4.5 last night and everything is working perfectly again.
    Great image.

Yeah so far so good for me too it's even displaying the correct time

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Both the same box under the hood so you can flash images for one box on the other. I have one of each and often copy the image from one and put it on the other.

Cheers Fresh Pots but I should have said are the OpenATV images for the Alien 2 and Triplex the same as they seem to have separate images for both receivers on their site but they are in fact the same image .
    Other image developers just have a single 7162 image to download.
    As you add the plugins, you eat up memory. So if you start with my image, I would strongly recommend removing all plugins that you don't need or use. The more you delete, the nearer you'll get back to the magic 64mb

44Mb of plugins is huge though,I honestly cant see what plugins on your image could take up that space .
    TSmedia is a big one allright ,XBMC addons too perhaps ?
    I installed a good few plugins on a nightly build and I still have 55Mb free.

The Ram memory is the big one to keep free anyway ,Flash memory shouldnt be a factor until you have less than 10Mb free.
    Lads,
    Has there been any fix on the low audio issue??
    Using fresh pots image by the way!

It was fixed about 7 months ago .....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90723300&postcount=264

championc wrote: »

This version keeps hanging and freezing on me for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Evening all, just setting my box up using Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image, everything going great, but since I refreshed the bouquets, the cool epg is showing extra data numbers in brackets and type of program [Drama]. It looks very untidy how can I switch it off?

I have re-flashed the box but its still there........

Any ideas would be great.

thanks

Steve

stevie09 wrote: »
    Evening all, just setting my box up using Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image, everything going great, but since I refreshed the bouquets, the cool epg is showing extra data numbers in brackets and type of program [Drama]. It looks very untidy how can I switch it off?

I have re-flashed the box but its still there........

Any ideas would be great.

thanks

Steve

Check your cross epg settings sounds like its downloading the xml

For anyone else who may want to change the weather info in openATV

In plugins
    mymetrix lite
    Weather Settings
    The default Id is something like 656767 Germany

Go to the mymetrix weather site
    http://metrixweather.open-store.net/#weather
    Enter your area and you will see a number Wicklow is 562503

Put that code into the weather ID in the plugin highlight the existing number and use the numbers on the remote just dial in your new code
    press green to save then green again to apply restart the GUI
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Check your cross epg settings sounds like its downloading the xml

Thanks Kenny, deleted the cross epg files from my box and HDD then reloaded. Everything is great now.

thank you and Happy new year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Boot loop happening on my Girfriend's Dads box again. I have included the logs below. Any idea what could be up?

EDIT: To give some more info if it helps:
    At the moment this box has no external storage.
    It gets powered off every night (as in the the extension lead that it is plugged into is plugged out)

I'm going to install Champs image from yesterday now.
    root@amikoalien:~/logs# enigma2
    Processor: STx7105

PYTHONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
    + (1) Background File Eraser
    + (5) Tuxtxt
    + (8) graphics acceleration manager
    STMFB accel interface available

+ (9) GFBDC
    15360k total video mem
    7260k usable video mem
    5640kB available for acceleration surfaces.
    resolution: 720 x 576 x 32 (stride: 2880)
    + (9) gLCDDC
    found OLED display!
    lcd buffer 0x7314c0 8448 bytes, stride 132
    LCD resolution: 132 x 64 x 8 (stride: 132)
    + (9) Font Render Class
    [FONT] initializing lib...
    [FONT] loading fonts...
    [FONT] Intializing font cache, using max. 4MB...
    + (10) gRC
    RC thread created successfully
    + (15) eWindowStyleManager
    + (20) DVB-CI UI
    + (20) UHF Modulator
    couldnt open /dev/rfmod0!!!!
    + (20) RC Input layer
    + (20) misc options
    + (20) AVSwitch Driver
    couldnt open /dev/dbox/fp0 to monitor vcr scart slow blanking changed!
    + (21) input device driver
    Input device "fulan front panel buttons" is a remotecontrol
    Input device "TDT RC event driver" is a keyboard
    Input device "remote control" is a remotecontrol
    Found 3 input devices.
    + (22) Hdmi CEC driver
    + (30) eActionMap
    + (35) CI Slots
    scanning for common interfaces..
    eDVBCIInterfaces->setInputSource(0, 0)
    eDVBCIInterfaces->setInputSource(1, 1)
    done, found 0 common interface slots
    + (35) CA handler
    + (40) eServiceCenter
    settings instance.
    + (41) eServiceFactoryDVD
    + (41) eServiceFactoryHDMI
    + (41) eServiceFactoryM2TS
    + (41) eServiceFactoryMP3
    + (41) eServiceFactoryFS
    + (41) eServiceFactoryDVB
    + (41) Encoders
    + (41) Stream server
    reached rl 70
    ---- opening lame channel db
    reading services (version 4)
    loaded 81 channels/transponders and 1103 services
    scanning for frontends..
    opening frontend 0
    close frontend 0
    opening frontend 1
    close frontend 1
    opening frontend 2
    close frontend 2
    boxtype detection via /proc/stb/info not possible... use fallback via demux count!

found 1 adapter, 3 frontends(3 sim) and 4 demux, boxtype 0
    RTC not ready... wait for transponder time
    [EPGC] Initialized EPGCache (wait for setCacheFile call now)
    Loading spinners...
    [ePNG] couldn't open /usr/share/enigma2/spinner/wait10.png
    found 9 spinner!
    executing main
    setIoPrio best-effort level 3 ok
    Failed to open /dev/dbox/fp0
    [Harddisk] enumerating block devices...
    [Harddisk] enumerating network mounts...
    Reading satellites.xml
    main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
    Reading cables.xml
    Reading terrestrial.xml
    sec config cleared
    setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 0 to slotid 0, descr Tuner3-T/T2(T/T2/C), need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 No
    setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 1 to slotid 1, descr Tuner1-Sat, need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 Yes
    setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 2 to slotid 2, descr Tuner2-Sat, need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 Yes
    slot: 1 configmode: simple
    diseqcmode:  single
    slot: 2 configmode: equal
    sec config completed
    [NimManager] slotname = A, slotdescription = Tuner3-T/T2(T/T2/C), multitype = False
    [NimManager] slotname = B, slotdescription = Tuner1-Sat, multitype = False
    [NimManager] slotname = C, slotdescription = Tuner2-Sat, multitype = False
    [Picon] adding path: /usr/share/enigma2/picon/
    [Time By]: NTP
    [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] invalid system time, refuse to disable transponder time sync
    [EPGC] time updated.. but cache file not set yet.. dont start epg!!
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/Roboto-Bold.ttf...OK (Regular)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/Roboto-BoldItalic.ttf...OK (Italic)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/Roboto-Black.ttf...OK (Bold)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/Roboto-BlackItalic.ttf...OK (Boldit)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/nmsbd.ttf...OK (Subtitlefont)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/lcd.ttf...OK (LCD)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/ae_AlMateen.ttf...OK (Replacement)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/tuxtxt.ttf...OK (Console)
    3660kB available for acceleration surfaces.
    resolution: 1280 x 720 x 32 (stride: 5120)
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00_templates.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00a_InfoBar.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00b_SecondInfoBar.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00c_SecondInfoBarECM.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00d_InfoBarLite.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00e_ChannelSelection.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00f_MoviePlayer.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00g_EMC.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_01_openatv.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_02_display.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_03_plugins.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_04_check.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_05_screens_unchecked.xml
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/andale.ttf...OK (Fixed)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/nmsbd.ttf...OK (Arial)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (Regular)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (RegularLight)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (SetrixHD)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/meteocons.ttf...OK (Meteo)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_title)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_button)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_clock)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_large)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (global_small)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_menu)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (screen_label)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (screen_text)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (screen_info)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (epg_event)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (epg_text)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (epg_info)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (infobar_event)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (infobar_text)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/nmsbd.ttf...OK (Subs)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/nmsbd.ttf...OK (FdLcD)
    [iInputDevices] getInputDevices  <ERROR: ioctl(EVIOCGNAME): [Errno 22] Invalid argument >
    [iInputDevices] getInputDevices  <ERROR: ioctl(EVIOCGNAME): [Errno 22] Invalid argument >
    [iInputDevices] getInputDevices  <ERROR: ioctl(EVIOCGNAME): [Errno 25] Inappropriate ioctl for device >
    Activating keymap: Default (US)
    Activating language English (US)
    Selected language does not exist!
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 730, in <module>
        Components.AVSwitch.InitAVSwitch()
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/AVSwitch.py", line 371, in InitAVSwitch
    NameError: global name 'ngettext' is not defined
    ---- saving lame channel db
    saved 81 channels and 1103 services!
    release cached channel (timer timeout)
    - (41) eServiceFactoryDVD
    - (41) eServiceFactoryHDMI
    - (41) eServiceFactoryM2TS
    - (41) eServiceFactoryMP3
    - (41) eServiceFactoryFS
    - (41) eServiceFactoryDVB
    - (41) Encoders
    - (41) Stream server
    - (40) eServiceCenter
    clear instance
    - (35) CI Slots
    - (35) CA handler
    - (30) eActionMap
    - (22) Hdmi CEC driver
    - (21) input device driver
    - (20) DVB-CI UI
    - (20) UHF Modulator
    - (20) RC Input layer
    - (20) misc options
    - (20) AVSwitch Driver
    - (15) eWindowStyleManager
    - (10) gRC
    waiting for gRC thread shutdown
    gRC thread has finished
    - (9) GFBDC
    - (9) gLCDDC
    - (9) Font Render Class
    - (8) graphics acceleration manager
    - (5) Tuxtxt
    - (1) Background File Eraser
    reached rl -1

EDIT: For comparison here is the output of the box now that is working again:
    root@amikoalien:~# enigma2

+ (5) Tuxtxt

+ (9) GFBDC
    15360k total video mem
    7260k usable video mem
    + (9) gLCDDC
    found OLED display!
    lcd buffer 0x731118 8448 bytes, stride 132
    + (9) Font Render Class
    [FONT] loading fonts...
    + (10) gRC
    + (20) DVB-CI UI
    + (20) UHF Modulator
    + (20) RC Input layer
    + (20) misc options
    + (20) AVSwitch Driver
    Found 3 input devices.
    + (22) Hdmi CEC driver
    + (30) eActionMap
    + (35) CI Slots
    + (35) CA handler
    + (40) eServiceCenter
    settings instance.
    + (41) eServiceFactoryFS
    + (41) Encoders
    + (41) Stream server
    reached rl 70
    scanning for frontends..
    opening frontend 0
    close frontend 0
    opening frontend 1
    close frontend 1
    opening frontend 2
    close frontend 2
    boxtype detection via /proc/stb/info not possible... use fallback via demux count!

Use valid Linux Time :) (RTC?)
    Loading spinners...
    found 9 spinner!
    executing main
    new Network Mount logs -> /media/autofs/logs
    Reading satellites.xml
    Reading cables.xml
    Reading terrestrial.xml
    sec config cleared
    setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 0 to slotid 0, descr Tuner3-T/T2(T/T2/C), need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 No
    setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 1 to slotid 1, descr Tuner1-Sat, need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 Yes
    setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 2 to slotid 2, descr Tuner2-Sat, need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 Yes
    sec config completed
    [NimManager] slotname = A, slotdescription = Tuner3-T/T2(T/T2/C), multitype = False
    [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] disable sync local time with transponder time!
    [NTPDATE] save /etc/default/ntpdate
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00c_SecondInfoBarECM.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_00e_ChannelSelection.xml
    [SKIN] loading include: /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skin_05_screens_unchecked.xml
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (Regular)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (RegularLight)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (SetrixHD)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_title)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_button)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_clock)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_large)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (global_small)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (global_menu)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (screen_label)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (screen_text)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (screen_info)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (epg_event)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (epg_text)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (epg_info)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/setrixHD.ttf...OK (infobar_event)
    [FONT] adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf...OK (infobar_text)
    [iInputDevices] getInputDevices  <ERROR: ioctl(EVIOCGNAME): [Errno 25] Inappropriate ioctl for device >
    [VideoMode] setting aspect: 16:9
    [VideoMode] setting wss: auto
    [VideoMode] setting policy: panscan
    [VideoMode] setMode - port: HDMI, mode: 720p, rate: 50Hz
    [EPGC Loads] Poller enabled.
    [EPGC Save] Poller enabled.
    [EPGC] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/etc/enigma2/epg.dat'
    [EPGC] time updated.. start EPG Mainloop
    [EPGC] /etc/enigma2/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat
    setLCDBrightness 25
    setLCDBrightness 127
    setLCDScrollspeed 150
    setLCDMode 1
    Setting OSD position: 0 720 0 576
    Setting OSD alpha: 255
    [Ipkg] Added to OPKG destinations: /
    No 'mechanize' module
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for white
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for grey
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for yellow
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for default
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for large
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for small
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for black
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for blue
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for skin2
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for Not assigned
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for Key help
    [SKLDR] Loading skin  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMCAddons/skin/skin.xml
    Plugin  Extensions/WebInterface failed to load: No module named plugin
    [AutoBouquets] set language to  en
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for default
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 1
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 2
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 3
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 4
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 5
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for HD First
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Sort 1
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Sort 2
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Sort 3
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for no
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for /picon
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for /media/usb/picon
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for /media/hdd/picon
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for /media/cf/picon
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Daily
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Weekly
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for 30 Days
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for AutoBouquets E2
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for 28.2e stream bouquet downloader
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for AutoBouquets Downloader
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for 28.2e stream bouquet downloader
    valis_enigma.ttf
    DejaVuSans.ttf
    andale.ttf
    Roboto-Black.ttf
    skymedium.ttf
    time.ttf
    Roboto-Bold.ttf
    ae_AlMateen.ttf
    lcd.ttf
    Roboto-BlackItalic.ttf
    tuxtxt.otb
    tuxtxt.ttf
    Roboto-BoldItalic.ttf
    nmsbd.ttf
    md_khmurabi_10.ttf
    [FONT] adding font /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/interface/font_default.otf...OK (RegularIPTV)
    [Info-Panel] machinebrand: Amiko
    [Info-Panel] machinename: Alien 2
    [Info-Panel] oem name: fulan
    [Info-Panel] boxtype: amikoalien
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for plugins
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for menu-system
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for extensions
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for event info
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Automatic cache flushing
    [CrossEPG] set language to  en
    [CrossEPG_Loader] patch crossepg v2.1 found
    [CrossEPG_Loader] patch epgcache.load() found
    [CrossEPG_Loader] patch Oudeis found
    --> applying pep values
    couldn't apply pep values.
    [AutoTimer] Auto Poll Enabled
    [HddManager] MountOnStart
    [HddManager] not found devices
    [Alternative SoftCam Manager]  /usr/bin/cam/oscam_10078 -bc /var/keys/
    starting hotplug handler
    [SH4BoosterControl] sessionstart
    setLCDBrightness 127
    [NAVIGATION] USE DEEPSTAND-WORKAROUND FOR THIS BOXTYPE (amikoalien) !!
    ==================================================================================
    [NAVIGATION] getNextRecordingTime= -1
    [NAVIGATION] nextRecordTimerAfterEventActionAuto= False
    [NAVIGATION] current Time=1420028182.12
    [NAVIGATION] timediff=1420028183.12
    ==================================================================================
    [NAVIGATION] getNextPowerManagerTime= -1
    [NAVIGATION] nextPowerManagerAfterEventActionAuto= False
    [NAVIGATION] current Time=1420028182.13
    [NAVIGATION] timediff=1420028183.13
    [NAVIGATION] wasTimerWakeup = False
    [AutoBouquets] AutoStart Enabled
    [AutoBouquets] AutoBouquets Schedule Disabled at (now=Wed 31 Dec 2014 12:16:22 GMT)
    EMC: +++ EMC V3.7.4beta20131015 startup
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for pagecache
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for dentries and inodes
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for pagecache, dentries and inodes
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Default
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Starting
    [CacheFlush] set min_free_kbytes to 1024 kB
    [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'CacheFlushAutoScreen'>
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Started
    [AutoBouquetsMaker] AutoStart Enabled
    [AutoBouquetsMaker] AutoBouquetsMaker Schedule Disabled at Wed 31 Dec 2014 12:16:22 GMT
    [SH4BoosterControl] Starting !!
    [SH4BoosterControl] initializing
    [SH4BoosterControl] initBooster
    [OSD Adjustment] Set Screen on startup
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustment] Starting AutomaticVolumeAdjustment...
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustmentConfig] Loading config file...
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustmentConfig] Loaded 0 entries from config file...
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustment] initialize config values...
    [(100, <class 'Screens.InfoBar.InfoBar'>)]
    MetrixHDWeatherStandalone lookup for ID 676757
    Cant get weather data: URLError(gaierror(-2, 'Name or service not known'),)
    warning, skin is missing element epg_description in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
    warning, skin is missing element channel in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
    [SCREENNAME]  RdsInfoDisplaySummary
    warning, skin is missing element From in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element Goto in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element tunerName in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element turnSpeed in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element posGoto in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element posFrom in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element turnTime in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element Tuner in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element PTSSeekPointer in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element statusicon in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element eventname in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element PTSSeekBack in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element speed in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    [SCREENNAME]  RdsInfoDisplay
    [SCREENNAME]  InfoBarSummary
    [SCREENNAME]  InfoBar
    setValue 50
    Setvolume: 50 50 (raw)
    Setvolume: 32 32 (-1db)
    lastshutdown=False              (True = last shutdown was OK)
    NOK shutdown action=normal
    bootup action=normal
    killall: showiframe: no process killed
    [LogManager] Trim Poll Started
    [LogManager] Trash Poll Started
    [LogManager] probing folders
    [LogManager] found following log's: ['/media/autofs/logs', '/home/root/logs']
    [LogManager] looking in: /media/autofs/logs
    [LogManager] looking in: /home/root/logs
    [NTP]: Updating
    [CrossEPG_Loader] loading data with crossepg patch v2
    [EPGC] start crossepg import
    [EPGC] cannot open crossepg headers db
    EMC: Setting EPG language: en_US
    [CAMSTARTER] No Cam to Start, Exit
    playing 1:0:C:834:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    [SCREENNAME]  InfoBar
    not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)
    setPixmapNum(0) failed! defined pixmaps: []
    allocate channel.. 03ea:2174
    opening frontend 0
    (0)tune
    OURSTATE: tuning
    allocate Channel: res 0
    [eDVBCIInterfaces] addPMTHandler 1:0:C:834:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    allocate demux
    [NTP]: setting E2 time: 1420028187.57
    set RTC to 2014/12/31 12:16 (rtc_offset = 0 sec.)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 27(16)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 37(17)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 41(16)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 43(16)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 46(16)
    job Components.Task.Job name=LogManager #tasks=1 completed with [] in None
    [EPGC] Saving EPGCache.
    [VLC] Checking for buildin servicets ...  no
    [VLC] Checking for existing and usable servicets.so ...  No module named servicets
    [VLC] Checking for usable gstreamer service ...  yes
    EMC: Next trashcan cleanup in 764 minutes
    [SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000
    SerienRecorder plugin not found
    ER plugin not found
    [OpenWebif] no plugins to load
    [OpenWebif] started on 80
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 28(16)
    job Components.Task.Job name=EPG Cache Check #tasks=2 completed with [] in None
    [EPGC] Refreshing EPGCache.
    [SEC] setVoltage 0
    [SEC] setFrontend 1
    setting frontend 0
    (0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
    (0)fe event: status 1f, inversion off, m_tuning 2
    OURSTATE: ok
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] channel 0x2682040 running
    [eEPGCache] channel 0x2682040 running
    [EPGC] next update in 2 sec
    stop release channel timer
    ok ... now we start!!
    eventNewProgramInfo 0 0
    have 0 video stream(s), and 0 audio stream(s), and the pcr pid is 1fff, and the text pid is ffffffff
    allocate demux
    TuxTxt cache cleared
    PES filter: DMX_SET_PES_FILTER - Invalid argument

Boot loop happening on my Girfriend's Dads box again. I have included the logs below. Any idea what could be up?

EDIT: To give some more info if it helps:
    At the moment this box has no external storage.
    It gets powered off every night (as in the the extension lead that it is plugged into is plugged out)

I'm going to install Champs image from yesterday now.
    root@amikoalien:~/logs# enigma2

+ (5) Tuxtxt

+ (9) GFBDC
    15360k total video mem
    7260k usable video mem
    + (9) gLCDDC
    found OLED display!
    lcd buffer 0x7314c0 8448 bytes, stride 132
    + (9) Font Render Class
    [FONT] loading fonts...
    + (10) gRC
    + (20) DVB-CI UI
    + (20) UHF Modulator
    + (20) RC Input layer
    + (20) misc options
    + (20) AVSwitch Driver
    Found 3 input devices.
    + (22) Hdmi CEC driver
    + (30) eActionMap
    + (35) CI Slots
    + (35) CA handler
    + (40) eServiceCenter
    settings instance.
    + (41) eServiceFactoryFS
    + (41) Encoders
    + (41) Stream server
    reached rl 70
    scanning for frontends..
    opening frontend 0
    close frontend 0
    opening frontend 1
    close frontend 1
    opening frontend 2
    close frontend 2

RTC not ready... wait for transponder time
    Loading spinners...
    found 9 spinner!
    executing main
    Reading satellites.xml
    Reading cables.xml
    Reading terrestrial.xml
    sec config cleared
    sec config completed
    [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] invalid system time, refuse to disable transponder time sync
    Selected language does not exist!
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 730, in <module>
        Components.AVSwitch.InitAVSwitch()
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/AVSwitch.py", line 371, in InitAVSwitch
    NameError: global name 'ngettext' is not defined
    ---- saving lame channel db
    saved 81 channels and 1103 services!
    release cached channel (timer timeout)
    - (41) eServiceFactoryDVD
    - (41) eServiceFactoryHDMI
    - (41) eServiceFactoryM2TS
    - (41) eServiceFactoryMP3
    - (41) eServiceFactoryFS
    - (41) eServiceFactoryDVB
    - (41) Encoders
    - (41) Stream server
    - (40) eServiceCenter
    clear instance
    - (35) CI Slots
    - (35) CA handler
    - (30) eActionMap
    - (22) Hdmi CEC driver
    - (21) input device driver
    - (20) DVB-CI UI
    - (20) UHF Modulator
    - (20) RC Input layer
    - (20) misc options
    - (20) AVSwitch Driver
    - (15) eWindowStyleManager
    - (10) gRC
    waiting for gRC thread shutdown
    gRC thread has finished
    - (9) GFBDC
    - (9) gLCDDC
    - (9) Font Render Class
    - (8) graphics acceleration manager
    - (5) Tuxtxt
    - (1) Background File Eraser
    reached rl -1

EDIT: For comparison here is the output of the box now that is working again:
    root@amikoalien:~# enigma2

+ (5) Tuxtxt

+ (9) GFBDC
    15360k total video mem
    7260k usable video mem
    + (9) gLCDDC
    found OLED display!
    lcd buffer 0x731118 8448 bytes, stride 132
    + (9) Font Render Class
    [FONT] loading fonts...
    + (10) gRC
    + (20) DVB-CI UI
    + (20) UHF Modulator
    + (20) RC Input layer
    + (20) misc options
    + (20) AVSwitch Driver
    Found 3 input devices.
    + (22) Hdmi CEC driver
    + (30) eActionMap
    + (35) CI Slots
    + (35) CA handler
    + (40) eServiceCenter
    settings instance.
    + (41) eServiceFactoryFS
    + (41) Encoders
    + (41) Stream server
    reached rl 70
    scanning for frontends..
    opening frontend 0
    close frontend 0
    opening frontend 1
    close frontend 1
    opening frontend 2
    close frontend 2

Use valid Linux Time :) (RTC?)
    Loading spinners...
    found 9 spinner!
    executing main
    new Network Mount logs -> /media/autofs/logs
    Reading satellites.xml
    Reading cables.xml
    Reading terrestrial.xml
    sec config cleared
    sec config completed
    [eDVBLocalTimeHandler] disable sync local time with transponder time!
    [NTPDATE] save /etc/default/ntpdate
    [VideoMode] setting aspect: 16:9
    [VideoMode] setting wss: auto
    [VideoMode] setting policy: panscan
    [VideoMode] setMode - port: HDMI, mode: 720p, rate: 50Hz
    [EPGC] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/etc/enigma2/epg.dat'
    [EPGC] time updated.. start EPG Mainloop
    setLCDBrightness 25
    setLCDBrightness 127
    setLCDScrollspeed 150
    setLCDMode 1
    Setting OSD position: 0 720 0 576
    Setting OSD alpha: 255
    [Ipkg] Added to OPKG destinations: /
    No 'mechanize' module
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for grey
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for yellow
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for large
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for small
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for black
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for blue
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for skin2
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for Not assigned
    [XBMCAddonsA] fallback to default translation for Key help
    [SKLDR] Loading skin  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMCAddons/skin/skin.xml
    Plugin  Extensions/WebInterface failed to load: No module named plugin
    [AutoBouquets] set language to  en
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 1
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 2
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 3
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 4
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for style 5
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for HD First
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Sort 1
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Sort 2
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Sort 3
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for no
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Daily
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for Weekly
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for 30 Days
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for AutoBouquets E2
    [AutoBouquets] fallback to default translation for AutoBouquets Downloader
    valis_enigma.ttf
    DejaVuSans.ttf
    andale.ttf
    Roboto-Black.ttf
    skymedium.ttf
    time.ttf
    Roboto-Bold.ttf
    ae_AlMateen.ttf
    lcd.ttf
    Roboto-BlackItalic.ttf
    tuxtxt.otb
    tuxtxt.ttf
    Roboto-BoldItalic.ttf
    nmsbd.ttf
    md_khmurabi_10.ttf
    [FONT] adding font /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/interface/font_default.otf...OK (RegularIPTV)
    [Info-Panel] machinebrand: Amiko
    [Info-Panel] machinename: Alien 2
    [Info-Panel] oem name: fulan
    [Info-Panel] boxtype: amikoalien
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for plugins
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for menu-system
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for extensions
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for event info
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Automatic cache flushing
    [CrossEPG] set language to  en
    [CrossEPG_Loader] patch crossepg v2.1 found
    [CrossEPG_Loader] patch epgcache.load() found
    [CrossEPG_Loader] patch Oudeis found
    --> applying pep values
    couldn't apply pep values.
    [AutoTimer] Auto Poll Enabled
    [HddManager] MountOnStart
    [HddManager] not found devices
    [Alternative SoftCam Manager]  /usr/bin/cam/oscam_10078 -bc /var/keys/
    starting hotplug handler
    setLCDBrightness 127
    [NAVIGATION] USE DEEPSTAND-WORKAROUND FOR THIS BOXTYPE (amikoalien) !!
    [NAVIGATION] getNextRecordingTime= -1
    [NAVIGATION] nextRecordTimerAfterEventActionAuto= False
    [NAVIGATION] current Time=1420028182.12
    [NAVIGATION] timediff=1420028183.12
    [NAVIGATION] getNextPowerManagerTime= -1
    [NAVIGATION] nextPowerManagerAfterEventActionAuto= False
    [NAVIGATION] current Time=1420028182.13
    [NAVIGATION] timediff=1420028183.13
    [NAVIGATION] wasTimerWakeup = False
    [AutoBouquets] AutoStart Enabled
    [AutoBouquets] AutoBouquets Schedule Disabled at (now=Wed 31 Dec 2014 12:16:22 GMT)
    EMC: +++ EMC V3.7.4beta20131015 startup
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for pagecache
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for dentries and inodes
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for pagecache, dentries and inodes
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Default
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Starting
    [CacheFlush] set min_free_kbytes to 1024 kB
    [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'CacheFlushAutoScreen'>
    [CacheFlush] fallback to default translation for Started
    [AutoBouquetsMaker] AutoStart Enabled
    [AutoBouquetsMaker] AutoBouquetsMaker Schedule Disabled at Wed 31 Dec 2014 12:16:22 GMT
    [SH4BoosterControl] Starting !!
    [SH4BoosterControl] initializing
    [SH4BoosterControl] initBooster
    [OSD Adjustment] Set Screen on startup
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustment] Starting AutomaticVolumeAdjustment...
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustmentConfig] Loading config file...
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustmentConfig] Loaded 0 entries from config file...
    [AutomaticVolumeAdjustment] initialize config values...
    [(100, <class 'Screens.InfoBar.InfoBar'>)]
    warning, skin is missing element epg_description in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
    warning, skin is missing element channel in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
    [SCREENNAME]  RdsInfoDisplaySummary
    warning, skin is missing element From in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element Goto in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element tunerName in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element turnSpeed in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element posGoto in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element posFrom in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element turnTime in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element Tuner in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>
    warning, skin is missing element PTSSeekPointer in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element statusicon in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element eventname in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element PTSSeekBack in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    warning, skin is missing element speed in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>
    [SCREENNAME]  RdsInfoDisplay
    [SCREENNAME]  InfoBarSummary
    [SCREENNAME]  InfoBar
    setValue 50
    Setvolume: 50 50 (raw)
    Setvolume: 32 32 (-1db)
    lastshutdown=False              (True = last shutdown was OK)
    NOK shutdown action=normal
    bootup action=normal
    killall: showiframe: no process killed
    [LogManager] Trim Poll Started
    [LogManager] Trash Poll Started
    [LogManager] probing folders
    [LogManager] found following log's: ['/media/autofs/logs', '/home/root/logs']
    [LogManager] looking in: /media/autofs/logs
    [LogManager] looking in: /home/root/logs
    [NTP]: Updating
    [CrossEPG_Loader] loading data with crossepg patch v2
    [EPGC] start crossepg import
    [EPGC] cannot open crossepg headers db
    EMC: Setting EPG language: en_US
    [CAMSTARTER] No Cam to Start, Exit
    playing 1:0:C:834:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    [SCREENNAME]  InfoBar
    allocate channel.. 03ea:2174
    opening frontend 0
    (0)tune
    OURSTATE: tuning
    allocate Channel: res 0
    [eDVBCIInterfaces] addPMTHandler 1:0:C:834:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    allocate demux
    [NTP]: setting E2 time: 1420028187.57
    set RTC to 2014/12/31 12:16 (rtc_offset = 0 sec.)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 27(16)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 37(17)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 41(16)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 43(16)
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 46(16)
    job Components.Task.Job name=LogManager #tasks=1 completed with [] in None
    [EPGC] Saving EPGCache.
    [VLC] Checking for buildin servicets ...  no
    [VLC] Checking for existing and usable servicets.so ...  No module named servicets
    [VLC] Checking for usable gstreamer service ...  yes
    EMC: Next trashcan cleanup in 764 minutes
    [SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000
    SerienRecorder plugin not found
    ER plugin not found
    [OpenWebif] no plugins to load
    [OpenWebif] started on 80
    poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 28(16)
    [EPGC] Refreshing EPGCache.
    [SEC] setVoltage 0
    [SEC] setFrontend 1
    setting frontend 0
    (0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
    (0)fe event: status 1f, inversion off, m_tuning 2
    OURSTATE: ok
    [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] channel 0x2682040 running
    [eEPGCache] channel 0x2682040 running
    [EPGC] next update in 2 sec
    stop release channel timer
    ok ... now we start!!
    eventNewProgramInfo 0 0
    have 0 video stream(s), and 0 audio stream(s), and the pcr pid is 1fff, and the text pid is ffffffff
    allocate demux
    TuxTxt cache cleared
    PES filter: DMX_SET_PES_FILTER - Invalid argument

If you have no external drives where is it saving the cross epg data to
    If cross epg is installed ( check in menu )
    The data will default to internal memory and the files will take up too much memory causing problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Hi,

i have had openatv running the last few months and had a bit of a mess up with the channels when I 'sorted' them with dreamboxedit.
    Anyway cut a long story short I loaded up Champs openatv image and restored my channels. All good.

Have run crossepg but it is just running and running (icon spinning in the top left).
    Have hard drive mounted and crossepg folder seems to be getting populated on it.

I also removed tsmedia and xbmcaddons as not using them at the moment
    Flash memory only showing up as 20M free

Thoughts?

Gar

gar wrote: »
    Hi,

i have had openatv running the last few months and had a bit of a mess up with the channels when I 'sorted' them with dreamboxedit.
    Anyway cut a long story short I loaded up Champs openatv image and restored my channels. All good.

Have run crossepg but it is just running and running (icon spinning in the top left).
    Have hard drive mounted and crossepg folder seems to be getting populated on it.

I also removed tsmedia and xbmcaddons as not using them at the moment
    Flash memory only showing up as 20M free

Thoughts?

Gar

Did you do a full scan for channels, the EPG is sent on a radio channel that must be tuned or Crossepg can't scan. Do a full scan with clear before scan enabled, this will not make any changes to your bouquets only to all channels

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Is doing a factory reset a good idea if you want to clear out all the 'junk' and to start fresh again?

• Advertisement

cyndale wrote: »
    Is doing a factory reset a good idea if you want to clear out all the 'junk' and to start fresh again?

In my experience it's better to flash a new image as that's what you'll end up doing. What I do is flash an image, get it fully setup the way I like it and then take a backup that I reinstall every few weeks. Keeps everything the same and fresh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement