Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

In my experience it's better to flash a new image as that's what you'll end up doing. What I do is flash an image, get it fully setup the way I like it and then take a backup that I reinstall every few weeks. Keeps everything the same and fresh

Yea, I could do that, but I thought the best way of clearing out the memory would be to do a factory reset and start the box afresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Hi everyone. I have just finished setting up my box with Champions OpenAR-P image, its working great. But I want to make a full image that I can load from USB should I have any issues. How do you do this with this image. I can back up the settings but not the full image, unless I am missing something?

thanks Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

the plot thickens.
    automatic scan crashes the box as soon as i select it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

stevie09 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I have just finished setting up my box with Champions OpenAR-P image, its working great. But I want to make a full image that I can load from USB should I have any issues. How do you do this with this image. I can back up the settings but not the full image, unless I am missing something?

thanks Steve

Do a backup to your usb via spark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

gar wrote: »
    the plot thickens.
    automatic scan crashes the box as soon as i select it...

What are you looking to do?

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    Do a backup to your usb via spark.

thank you, I will try this.

hallo dare wrote: »
    What are you looking to do?

Looking to do a full scan as mass debator suggested and giving crossepg a go again.

My image is working at the moment for watching TV. Can't tinker to much as it's being used.
    So as is crossepg seems to be populating but not finishing and automatic and manual scans are causing the GUI to restart.
    As I said earlier this is using champs image from the 17th and been updated.

Cheers

Hi guys, just tried my recording and it works fine, but its dumping the files in the root of the hdd, not in the movie folder. I've gone to setup- system-system-recording path and they are all set on /hdd/movie.

I have initialised the HDD, set all my paths again and rebooted but still the files record to the root.

Any ideas?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

stevie09 wrote: »

thanks Steve

To take a Backup, go back into Spark, run the plugin-e2upgrade and instead of pressing the Red button for Upgrade, press the Green button for Backup. If you don't have the Green button as an option, then upgrade the plugins to the version in my Downloads
    gar wrote: »
    Hi,

i have had openatv running the last few months and had a bit of a mess up with the channels when I 'sorted' them with dreamboxedit.
    Anyway cut a long story short I loaded up Champs openatv image and restored my channels. All good.

Have run crossepg but it is just running and running (icon spinning in the top left).
    Have hard drive mounted and crossepg folder seems to be getting populated on it.

I also removed tsmedia and xbmcaddons as not using them at the moment
    Flash memory only showing up as 20M free

Thoughts?

Gar

If you are flashing between images, delete the /hdd/crossepg/data directory. Most other images I think run with CrossEPG ver 0.8.1 whereas I went back to 0.6.2 (and I don't regret it for one minute - the EPG is ALWAYS there now from turn on)

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Cheers

I checked there and I have no data directory. Pretty sure I deleted the contents of the crossepg before running cross epg. Here's whatit llooks like for me

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

My heart is broken with this box. It came preloaded with OpenATV 4.2 from TV Trade.
    I only hooked up Saorview so far but I'm finding it frustrating.
    I scanned the DVB-T tuner & it grabbed 73 signals, OK.
    I bring up the Last Scanned list & all the stations are there but greyed out so I cannot select anything.
    I did some research & others who had experienced this problem had to reload their image or get a new one with no bugs.
    I tried one of the recent ones thrown up here but couldn't gt it to load, turns out the instructions provided about rebooting wasn't written for dummies but that's my fault.
    Anyway I decided to factory reset which appears to have worked as my rescanned channels can now be selected & show up white.
    Now they need ordering but it turns out I cant do this from the OpenATV interface, I need to load a Bouquets or somewhat & even look at ordering them using a 3rd Party Plugin called Dreambox Edit.
    The learning curve with these boxes is pretty steep & so far it's difficult to see the benefits.
    I could manually edit the stations on old Triax FTA boses 10 years ago.
    Why is this bouquets method considered superior, seems daft to me.

I'll stick with it for the sake of 7 day epg, series link & auto scanning but for a box that I was getting to convince the missus to get rid of Sky I'm fighting a losing battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

My heart is broken with this box. It came preloaded with OpenATV 4.2 from TV Trade.
    I bring up the Last Scanned list & all the stations are there but greyed out so I cannot select anything.
    I did some research & others who had experienced this problem had to reload their image or get a new one with no bugs.
    I tried one of the recent ones thrown up here but couldn't gt it to load, turns out the instructions provided about rebooting wasn't written for dummies but that's my fault.
    Anyway I decided to factory reset which appears to have worked as my rescanned channels can now be selected & show up white.
    Now they need ordering but it turns out I cant do this from the OpenATV interface, I need to load a Bouquets or somewhat & even look at ordering them using a 3rd Party Plugin called Dreambox Edit.
    The learning curve with these boxes is pretty steep & so far it's difficult to see the benefits.

I'll stick with it for the sake of 7 day epg, series link & auto scanning but for a box that I was getting to convince the missus to get rid of Sky I'm fighting a losing battle.

Don't do auto terrestrial scan, find the frequency for your local Saorview transmitters and run manually with clear before scan enabled for the first frequency and then with it disabled for the second so you end up with just the strongest Saorview channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

It is entirely possible to move the channel order within open atv using the remote
    Press the down arrow center of the remote
    This will bring up your channel list
    Press menu
    select enable move mode
    move the channel to wherever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 8 new_to_this1

Hi Guys,

I was directed here from another forum for some help and guidance.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently purchased an amiko alien 2 receiver, an upgrade from a sky f5 box.
    What I would like to do is tailor it so the skin and features mimic sky as closely as possible.
    The receiver came running spark out of the box.

Again any guidance or advice would be very very welcome.

Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased an amiko alien 2 receiver, an upgrade from a sky f5 box.
    What I would like to do is tailor it so the skin and features mimic sky as closely as possible.

Again any guidance or advice would be very very welcome.
    Fresh Potts posted this image
    post #354 uses the sky skin might be worth a look
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93520760

Hi Guys,

Find one of Champions posts, I used his OpenAR-P AA2/7162, this has a $ky skin with it, its very good.

Credit should go to Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

When I got my box last year, I just settled on Spark and it works brilliantly if you just want to watch and record tv. I stumbled on this forum and started to dabble in Enigma2 and had loads of problems (who didn't) and I finally settled on a Hyperion V4 image.

I feel the more you trick around with it the more problems it gives. It would be unfair to say that the box gives problems, it is Enigma2 that gives the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tomtom_murray

hi guys looking for help
    put in the image by champion must say it is good far play only one slight thing getting me to ask question. what ye user using to inset cam?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

hi guys looking for help
    put in the image by champion must say it is good far play only one slight thing getting me to ask question. what ye user using to inset cam?

That can't be discussed here.

Also lookin for help as to how to mount hdd, does the information on the current usb have to be copied to external hdd in order to plug it in at rear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

If im reading you right, No.

Format HDD to ext3 (you can do this in spark) plug her in and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

From the Firmware thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93637318#post93637318
    tombabe wrote: »
    hi guys
    so downloaded this inserted onto memory stick and tried to update enigma
    now my box is stuck on boot. goes to boot 100 then succ but returns to boot again
    any ideas please?

Hi Tombabe,

The box should boot after it has finished loading the image.

Remove the power source, remove the USB stick and plug in the external harddrive (if you are using one), and walk away for 5 mins (not joking here).

Now reconnect power and boot. Some of the images have a feature where they 'boot to standby'. The Hyperion image by FreshPots is one of these.

Some great advice here, you are a credit to Boards.
    My Samsung HD is arriving today, how do I format in Linux Ext 3, can the box do this ?.
    Also what does CrossEPG do ? Is it the 7 day program guide.

Some great advice here, you are a credit to Boards.
    My Samsung HD is arriving today, how do I format in Linux Ext 3, can the box do this ?.
    Also what does CrossEPG do ? Is it the 7 day program guide.
    Boot back to spark
    Plug in the drive
    Format it
    Boot back to e2

Cross epg downloads the 7 day guide to your hard disk
    check in cross epg config that it is set for the hard drive as you do not want it saving to internal memory

• Registered Users Posts: 8 new_to_this1

Sorry about that. Deleted now..

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

hi shiraz
    Was in the same postion (With the Missus too) in september had not got a clue, i'm now watching/streaming top gear from my box to my laptop which i recorded last week, i only found this feature last friday, stick with it keep reading back in the posts thats where i learnt and am still learning and if in doubt just ask here,you will find people on here really really helpfull
    'if at first you don't succeed try try.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

Hi all,

Downloaded Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image and all works well except, when I boot up the box, I get an error everytime about the tuner. The error is " Service unavailable ! Check tuner configuration.

I have an alien 2 box but have tuner one disabled, Tuner B is on sat to astra and Tuner C = Tuner B - this config has always in the past worked for me with zero issues.

I have carried out a full rescan but can't get the error away. I did notice that on boot up the box tries to launch RTE ONE HD but am I right in saying this is a Soarview channel, looks like its part of UKCVS/Favourites on the channel selection. Since I don't use a tuner maybe this is the issue, how can I resolve it ?

I've another query if I may.

I understand there's no built in wifi adapter, will a USB one work OK or do I need homeplugs & an ethernet cable ?.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

When on RTE, press OK to bring up the Channel List. From there, press MENU and then select Delete Entry. In here, you can also set the default startup channel.

Alternatively, you can use DreamboxEdit

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Advertisement

hi guys asking awful weird questions but I am a novice.
    All seems to be working fine after installing image but can't get soarview channels to scan. any ideas thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement