Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Updated from fresh pots hyp v4 to latest image, how do I get left and right arrows keys to show the now and next banner on other channels without it changing the channel u are watching, can't find option in keymapper and tried same skin as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

amd64 wrote: »
    Updated from fresh pots hyp v4 to latest image, how do I get left and right arrows keys to show the now and next banner on other channels without it changing the channel u are watching, can't find option in keymapper and tried same skin as before.

That was the virtualzap plugin, I didn't include it in the latest image as I found it slowed down the box a little in h4. Nearly certain its in the downloadable plugins section though if you want to install it yourself. Which skin are you using as you'll have to do a little thinkering with the skin.XML if you want it to have the sky EPG look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Thinks it's a problem on my end somewhere, I reflashed arp and the same channels are missing, I'm even missing some fta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Hi guys,

I've an AA 2+ but am having trouble getting H4 running on it. I can flash ATV no problem and boot but when I flash Fresh pots image the box won't boot. It just sits on boot regardless of how long I leave it. The H4 flash process seems to run a little quicker than ATV and doesn't go through the preparing fs stage. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    That was the virtualzap plugin, I didn't include it in the latest image as I found it slowed down the box a little in h4. Nearly certain its in the downloadable plugins section though if you want to install it yourself. Which skin are you using as you'll have to do a little thinkering with the skin.XML if you want it to have the sky EPG look to it.
    Ok will give it go.
    I was using red HD skin l had on original image as the red skin in the plugin downloads from box caused boot loop.

Installed virtualzap,all sorted,thks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

tnegun wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've an AA 2+ but am having trouble getting H4 running on it. I can flash ATV no problem and boot but when I flash Fresh pots image the box won't boot. It just sits on boot regardless of how long I leave it. The H4 flash process seems to run a little quicker than ATV and doesn't go through the preparing fs stage. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
    Preparing FS I thought was when making a backup from spark not loading it ?
    Will have a look now as I need to make a bakup of my own

No My bad it says backup fs when making a backup from spark

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Hi guys,

Thanks.

Having the same issue here

Having the same issue here
    Fresh potts latest image is hyper 4.5
    Is that the one you guys are using ?

Technofobe wrote: »
    Fresh potts latest image is hyper 4.5
    Is that the one you guys are using ?

Yeah that's the one I ran one of his older images 6 moths ago but switched to ATV now I can't get it to boot the latest Hyper 4.5 images

Yeah that's the one I ran one of his older images 6 moths ago but switched to ATV now I can't get it to boot the latest Hyper 4.5 images

Just trying it on my AA2
    took approx 1 min to load to from spark says upgrading fs

Rebooted into enigma2 says B000 then B050 then B 100 Succ
    Then Triplex
    sky logo appears

Approx 90 seconds later Picture

Had no problems
    Did not even have to Scan For Saorview
    Complete with Utv ireland picons and all
    Looks good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Open ATV Recording Issues.......

Gents, I need some help, running Champions Openatv image and its working great except the recording.

Every recording it dumped in the root of the HDD. I have configured the HDD to automount using the Hdd mount Manager and I have set the paths for the recording /media/hdd/movie.

In the Enhanced Movie Center I have set the paths too, but still all the recordings are put in the root. I am worried as this box is for my sister and if she starts deleting stuff from the root she could delete the swap file, crossepg etc.

Any Idea what I have done wrong or missed in my settings.

Just a point, the HDD was initialised and formatted to ext 3.

thanks

Ran Fresh Potts 4.5 Hyperion on my AA" without issue

Made a backup of same from spark and have uploaded to my dropbox if you want to try it again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2pwbe50vhlrlkh/Freshpotts%20Hyper%204.5.7z?dl=0

Credit to Fresh Potts works grand on mine and looks good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Hi guys,

Thanks.
    When installing a backup be careful of the backup folder name and path. It does not like sub folders or names with odd characters such as spaces. It may appear to install quite quickly (a hint all's not right) but gets stuck when booting because it didn't install the complete system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Got an AA2+ yesterday and spent a few hours setting it up. Went to show my wife how to use it and suddenly lost all sat channels. Checked Sky box downstairs and no signal from dish. Oh Christ I thought, I'm somehow after blowing the LNB and my wife was not looking impressed.

Went outside and there was a bloody crow sitting on the LNB arm blocking it. Panic over!

I have the two hour time difference issue between Enigma and the front panel display though and none of the fixes mentioned here have resolved it which is something I need to investigate further. Other than that quite impressed with it.

When installing a backup be careful of the backup folder name and path. It does not like sub folders or names with odd characters such as spaces. It may appear to install quite quickly (a hint all's not right) but gets stuck when booting because it didn't install the complete system.

yea your right,when unzipping fresh pots it names the folder as "backup of e2",but the folder needs to be renamed as "back_of_e2" for my box to install it,maybe thats whats happening to some people.

Lads I did a full rescan and it's not even finding a lot of channels, is there something on the dish or box that controls a certain block of channels? cause all the channels missing are grouped together, eg $ sports, all the fta CBS channels, all the fta movies, any help much appreciated

Harcrid wrote: »
    Got an AA2+ yesterday and spent a few hours setting it up. Went to show my wife how to use it and suddenly lost all sat channels. Checked Sky box downstairs and no signal from dish. Oh Christ I thought, I'm somehow after blowing the LNB and my wife was not looking impressed.

Went outside and there was a bloody crow sitting on the LNB arm blocking it. Panic over!

I have the two hour time difference issue between Enigma and the front panel display though and none of the fixes mentioned here have resolved it which is something I need to investigate further. Other than that quite impressed with it.
    Check
    extended system
    Time settings
    Timezone (GMT ) Grenwich mean time :dublin Lisbon London
    sync time using Transponder time
    NTP Server Pool.ntp.org

Press green to apply
    Then Restart box

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

how.gareth wrote: »
    Lads I just flashed champs newest atv and after a full scan a lot of channels are greyed out, for example I have ss5 but no other sports, I noticed the scan only found 400 odd channels instead of the usual 900 odd, any ideas?

Why re-scan the satellite ? It's all scanned for you. Yes, you may need to re-scan the terrestrial but if so, do this only and as has been pointed out before, only scan the specific frequencies of your local mast.

I had the issue previously where only half the channels scanned. I was using a Stacker / DeStacker in the specific location and I still have to resolve the problem, not that I've spend much time on it - a job on the "mear fada" !!

You might also discover that the Year is saying 2029 so it completely fooks up the EPG too. The only solution I had was to add an NTP Cron job - so that's ready built into my image below. I have had absolutely no problem with the time since.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

championc wrote: »
    Why re-scan the satellite ? It's all scanned for you. Yes, you may need to re-scan the terrestrial but if so, do this only and as has been pointed out before, only scan the specific frequencies of your local mast.

I had the issue previously where only half the channels scanned. I was using a Stacker / DeStacker in the specific location and I still have to resolve the problem, not that I've spend much time on it - a job on the "mear fada" !!

You might also discover that the Year is saying 2029 so it completely fooks up the EPG too. The only solution I had was to add an NTP Cron job - so that's ready built into my image below. I have had absolutely no problem with the time since.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

I only rescanned because a lot of channels were greyed out, I have reflashed and rescanned and still missing the same ones, I was just wondering had something broke on the dish or box that would cause it?

Ran Fresh Potts 4.5 Hyperion on my AA" without issue

Made a backup of same from spark and have uploaded to my dropbox if you want to try it again

Credit to Fresh Potts works grand on mine and looks good :-)

Thanks I'll try that tonight

It definately runs faster when I try flash H4 I don't remember what name I used but proably just extracted the zip to USB
    yea your right,when unzipping fresh pots it names the folder as "backup of e2",but the folder needs to be renamed as "back_of_e2" for my box to install it,maybe thats whats happening to some people.

Thanks I'll try that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Updated the download file so no renaming required from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Went outside and there was a bloody crow sitting on the LNB arm blocking it. Panic over!....
    A trick some use is the fit plastic cable ties to the arm but deliberately leave the tail sticking upwards to discourage birds from landing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

A trick some use is the fit plastic cable ties to the arm but deliberately leave the tail sticking upwards to discourage birds from landing.

Or tape 2 thumb tacks with the points upwards through the tape :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

hi guys just a bit of advice i have tried champions backup image twice on my amiko alien 2 plus and its installing perfect the problem i am having is that it seems to keep freezing on me when change channel or go into setup to do anything like update my epg ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

jayo26 wrote: »
    hi guys just a bit of advice i have tried champions backup image twice on my amiko alien 2 plus and its installing perfect the problem i am having is that it seems to keep freezing on me when change channel or go into setup to do anything like update my epg ect.

Me and a number of other users have had a lot of issues with that image, including black screens.

I highly recommend applying FreshPots Hv4.5 image.
    It's the most responsive and most stable image I have tried.
    Have it running a few days and have yet to have a crash.

cork_south wrote: »
    Me and a number of other users have had a lot of issues with that image, including black screens.

I highly recommend applying FreshPots Hv4.5 image.
    It's the most responsive and most stable image I have tried.
    Have it running a few days and have yet to have a crash.

where did you download that from mate? ive tried a version of that but got stuck on setting it up i couldnt get oscams to work properly

Check
    extended system
    Time settings
    Timezone (GMT ) Grenwich mean time :dublin Lisbon London
    sync time using Transponder time
    NTP Server Pool.ntp.org

Press green to apply
    Then Restart box

Tried this, and did not work I am afraid. Thanks anyway.

championc wrote: »

I have an image that I am happy with right now. Any chance you can let me know how to add the Cron job manually rather than having to load your full image?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

jayo26 wrote: »
    where did you download that from mate? ive tried a version of that but got stuck on setting it up i couldnt get oscams to work properly

It shud be in the firmware thread I'd say.

• Advertisement

cork_south wrote: »
    It shud be in the firmware thread I'd say.

yh sorry mate i found it ill give it a try when the missus is busy and i get a chance cheers,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement