Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Would it be possible to lose some channels if the dish had moved in the wind the other day or am I just clutching at straws! Seems to be certain transponders that have no channels whilst others are perfect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

how.gareth wrote: »
    Would it be possible to lose some channels if the dish had moved in the wind the other day or am I just clutching at straws! Seems to be certain transponders that have no channels whilst others are perfect?

Either that or a faulty or misaligned lnb.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Either that or a faulty or misaligned lnb.

Any way of finding out? Signal strength on the working channels is only around 65% and at 0% on the missing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

jayo26 wrote: »
    hi guys just a bit of advice i have tried champions backup image twice on my amiko alien 2 plus and its installing perfect the problem i am having is that it seems to keep freezing on me when change channel or go into setup to do anything like update my epg ect.

That will be the case until you tune in the Terrestrial Channels. I assume you are NOT using Three Rock - yes ?
    Harcrid wrote: »
    I have an image that I am happy with right now. Any chance you can let me know how to add the Cron job manually rather than having to load your full image?

*/30 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s pool.ntp.org

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

championc wrote: »
    That will be the case until you tune in the Terrestrial Channels. I assume you are NOT using Three Rock - yes ?

thanks for your response I got it sorted but just trying that other image at moment I have always used openatv and have had a lot of issues with freezing and green screens ect so was looking for something new to try so far i havent had any problems with Freshpots image so we see how i go, thanks again mate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

a reminder that there is no discussion of card sharing here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Have FreshPots' Hyperion 4.5 image up and running now. The folder renaming fixed the issue. Thanks a lot guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Any way of finding out? Signal strength on the working channels is only around 65% and at 0% on the missing ones.

The reason I asked you to boot into spark is that if it wont scan the channels there it could be a hardware problem.
    I had the same thing channels greyed out,still have the box here but got a replacement off Golden Media.
    It seems to be a problem with the tuners not being able to listen to the frequencies.
    Try Spark and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Am I right in thinking that recording on dvb-t, I can not watch another dvb-t channel only satellite with amiko alien 2 or San?

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that recording on dvb-t, I can not watch another dvb-t channel only satellite with amiko alien 2 or San?

If its on the same mux you can.

Mux 1: rte2,tv3,tg4,3e
    Mux 2: rte1,rte news now, rte1+1
    Not sure which mux utv ireland is on.

So if your recording 3e you can watch anything from MUX1 but the mux 2 channels will be greyed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Can I use a usb dvb-t tuner as vu+ models

Not sure, don't remember ever hearing of anyone actually doing it here with a a2 but maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Possibly, if you know how to add the driver for it. This is possible on the Vu as the images for it contain a selection of usb tuner drivers.

Redriddick wrote: »
    The reason I asked you to boot into spark is that if it wont scan the channels there it could be a hardware problem.
    I had the same thing channels greyed out,still have the box here but got a replacement off Golden Media.
    It seems to be a problem with the tuners not being able to listen to the frequencies.
    Try Spark and post back.

Ok sorry yeah I get you, I will try that and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Have FreshPots' Hyperion 4.5 image up and running now. The folder renaming fixed the issue. Thanks a lot guys!

Yeah same here thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I've been using Zardoz's Hyperion V4 image successfully (the wife is happy)!

Probably a stupid question... how come there is no web browser in Enigma2 when Spark has Opera?:eek:

Ok sorry yeah I get you, I will try that and see what happens

quick update.. problem was still the same in spark, got up and moved the dish a mil or two and signal strength shot back up to 72% ish. it will do for now till i rehang the dish in better weather. thanks for the help as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

cyndale wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question... how come there is no web browser in Enigma2 when Spark has Opera?:eek:

Opera is not open source which means the Opera development team put in the effort (were paid?) to get the Opera browser working on spark

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Thanks folks - I read somewhere that you should use small drives ( 320 GB / 500 GB ) with external power. Is this true or false ?Or will I get away with a 1 TB USB Powered Drive on my Amiko Alien 2 ?

Many thanks,
    Doub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

doubie wrote: »
    Thanks folks - I read somewhere that you should use small drives ( 320 GB / 500 GB ) with external power. Is this true or false ?Or will I get away with a 1 TB USB Powered Drive on my Amiko Alien 2 ?

Many thanks,
    Doub.

judging from my own experience mate i changed from a 1tb external powered hdd to a 750gb sata powered hdd and the 750gb is alot quicker at loading movies ect, they are both good quality seagate drives and format to ntfs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Fresh Pots Image question...

Gents, I am running Fresh Pots image and it works great, but I have a few questions.

Swap file - how can I adjust this?

HDD Automount - I have selected my HDD in the PKT HDD mount manager, its set as /dev/sda1. I switch on "Use automunt" and press the green button. it works great but when I power off (mains) the automount does not work and I lose the folders on the HDD and get no swap file.

How can I configure the HDD to automount and set the swap file size.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

True man not such a big deal now I know if you leave it its grand, still would like to see a fix. But as you say if you want to record it in the first place why mess with it.

Mine still has the timer and is still a problem. I set the box to record a film last night I was watching by pressing the record button. Told it to stop the recording at the end of the event. This it duly did and there were no other timers running or stored. Just tried to restart the box after deinstalling a plugin and the GUI told me a timer was running or imminent!

Maybe it is a problem when the timer is manually initiated?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tomtom_murray

hi guys having problem with the soarview channels they all seem to be freezing

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

I have bad reception on RTE1 HD , the picture keeps freezing and breaking up .All the other terrestrial channels are perfect.

I am using three rock.

Anyone else having this issue?

I should say its from a new boardsie image. did a full auto rescan and still the same. Do I need to do a manual scan using specific frequencies for three rock?

No problems here, channels coming from kippure.

BopperSnr wrote: »
    I have bad reception on RTE1 HD , the picture keeps freezing and breaking up .All the other terrestrial channels are perfect.

I am using three rock.

Anyone else having this issue?

I should say its from a new boardsie image. did a full auto rescan and still the same. Do I need to do a manual scan using specific frequencies for three rock?

Do a manual scan of 738000 and 770000 with bandwidth set to 8mhz

a7q55JM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Afraid those frequencies didn't work but I checked online and used the below and now it is perfect reception.

Frequency UHF kW Multiplex
    546 MHz 30 63 Saorview (Mux 1)
    570 MHz 33 63 Saorview (Mux 2)

BopperSnr wrote: »
    Afraid those frequencies didn't work but I checked online and used the below and now it is perfect reception.

Frequency UHF kW Multiplex
    546 MHz 30 63 Saorview (Mux 1)
    570 MHz 33 63 Saorview (Mux 2)

Sorry! I must have been looking at the wrong transmitter.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the 2nd infobar not working properly on the sky skin in my image

Anyway here is a fix for it. Just ftp the Event files to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Converter and overwrite.

6Hew61Kl.jpg?1

2nd Infobar Fix for sky skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Just updated to Fresh pots 4.5. Great image, the box seems a lot faster than when I was using Hyp 4. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement