Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

I just updated to Fresh Pots Hyperion 4.5 image also. Very smooth and responsive. Thanks very much.

Just one issue and that is probably something I am doing wrong, but I can't get the picons for the satellite channels to show. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

mrbloop wrote: »
    I just updated to Fresh Pots Hyperion 4.5 image also. Very smooth and responsive. Thanks very much.

Just one issue and that is probably something I am doing wrong, but I can't get the picons for the satellite channels to show. Any ideas?

Have you already got the picons on your hard drive already or were you trying to use rats picon updater? Rats picon updater doesn't seem to be working the last day or two so if you need the picons you'll have to wait or use alternative ones.

If you have a copy of them already then its just a matter of going into autobouquets and pointing it towards the picons and telling it where you want to create the autopicon links

So if you save your picons to the hard drive set the picon location to /media/hdd/picon and the autopicon links location to /usr/share/enigma2/picon.

And finally run autobouquets to create the links.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I decided yesterday that I'd finally get my SAB box set up correctly (with an enigma image), but I think I've messed something up. Here is what I did - hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for a fix.
    1. Downloaded givecredit's last image from here (November 6th).
    2. Put it on a USB flash drive, and tried the update instructions as per here.
    3. Couldn't get the e2 upgrade plugin to see the drive.
    4. Tried formatting the drive to EXT3 and tried again.
    5. The drive was now picked up by the plugin, so I did the installation. Seemed to go OK.
    6. Switched off box, switched to ENIG during boot, stayed stuck on BOOT for 10 minutes.
    7. Went back to Spark, tried again. Now the plugin couldn't see my drive? (I just saw a pvr folder and nothing else)
    8. Tried a clean base install of Enigma2, using the instructions on their website (1 pager PDF). This involved downloading the base image, putting it on a USB drive in an enigma2 folder, doing a factory reset during boot, where it should have picked up my drive and installed the factory image from the drive.
    9. Got a "T TO" message, which that PDF explains that it means my drive can't be read.
    10. I tried it with a FAT32 format and EXT3 format, and neither worked.
    Now I'm open to suggestions... I can still watch TV from Spark, but I wanted to get Enigma set up correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Mr E wrote: »
    I decided yesterday that I'd finally get my SAB box set up correctly (with an enigma image), but I think I've messed something up. Here is what I did - hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for a fix.
    5. The drive was now picked up by the plugin, so I did the installation. Seemed to go OK.
    6. Switched off box, switched to ENIG during boot, stayed stuck on BOOT for 10 minutes.
    7. Went back to Spark, tried again. Now the plugin couldn't see my drive? (I just saw a pvr folder and nothing else)
    8. Tried a clean base install of Enigma2, using the instructions on their website (1 pager PDF). This involved downloading the base image, putting it on a USB drive in an enigma2 folder, doing a factory reset during boot, where it should have picked up my drive and installed the factory image from the drive.
    9. Got a "T TO" message, which that PDF explains that it means my drive can't be read.
    Now I'm open to suggestions... I can still watch TV from Spark, but I wanted to get Enigma set up correctly.

Try another usb key

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Loaded FreshPots Hyperion 4.5

only issue I seem to have is mounting the hard disk or at least pointing to it.
    Worked no issue on openatv.

I can see it mounted in /media/sda1
    my crossepg and the movie directory is pointed to /media/hdd which is really internal flash

how can I get hdd to point to sda1?

I have gone into bluepanel and disk and its showing mounted as /media/sda1

do I need to do something in partition manager?

cheers

Gar

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »

So if you save your picons to the hard drive set the picon location to /media/hdd/picon and the autopicon links location to /usr/share/enigma2/picon.

And finally run autobouquets to create the links.

Thanks Fresh Pots.
    I took the picons from my previous image and put them in the location you described and then ran Autobouquets. After a restart, all the picons were showing up.
    Much obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Go to my Download area. You'll find step by step instructions and a copy of the Spark plugins too. The use stick should be formatted to FAT32 for the upgrading part from within Spark. Putting it into a specific folder and trying to upgrade from just the front buttons is a huge pain in the ass and completely hit and miss, with a hell of a lot more missing than hitting.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

gar wrote: »
    Loaded FreshPots Hyperion 4.5

only issue I seem to have is mounting the hard disk or at least pointing to it.
    Worked no issue on openatv.

I can see it mounted in /media/sda1
    my crossepg and the movie directory is pointed to /media/hdd which is really internal flash

how can I get hdd to point to sda1?

I have gone into bluepanel and disk and its showing mounted as /media/sda1

do I need to do something in partition manager?

cheers

Gar

got it going. Drive was formatted to ntfs. formatted to ext3 and working now

Thanks folks, I'll try cc's files and a new drive tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

[*]Tried a clean base install of Enigma2, using the instructions on their website (1 pager PDF). This involved downloading the base image, putting it on a USB drive in an enigma2 folder, doing a factory reset during boot, where it should have picked up my drive and installed the factory image from the drive.
    [*]Got a "T TO" message, which that PDF explains that it means my drive can't be read.
    [*]I tried it with a FAT32 format

This is the same method I used with givecredit's image - Create a folder called enigma2 on a Fat32 formatted usb stick. Copy the two files into the folder. Connect the stick via the rear USB port. Press and hold OK and then switch on the receiver until FORCE appears. Press the +Vol key and wait until reboot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The e2upgrade plugin in spark is the only trusted way of installing enigma, it just works and is not fussy about usb keys like the boot method which is completely hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Rats has unfortunately decided to call it a day with his excellent plugins so his plugins will no longer work
    I've decided it's time to stop updating the plugins

The server and satelliteworldz have been having issues last few months so I think now is a good a time as any to call it a day with the plugins [Rat's Bouquets-Rat's Picon Plugin's]

I will still update the Bouquets (And picons with snapmans help) but you will have to transfer them yourself with DreamBoxEdit or Dreamset

Zardoz wrote: »
    Rats has unfortunately decided to call it a day with his excellent plugins so his plugins will no longer work

Thanks for the heads up. Occram picons were nice but they seem to have called it a day too. Anyone know of any other nicr ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Technofobe wrote: »
    If you have no external drives where is it saving the cross epg data to
    If cross epg is installed ( check in menu )
    The data will default to internal memory and the files will take up too much memory causing problems

No issues reported since adding a 8gb memory stick into the back of the box and rebooting. Hopefully that was all it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Installed freshpots 4.5 backup couple of nights ago and have to say I'm delighted with it. Not one system crash and series link and ts media player works great so much better then all the open atv images I have tried and I have tried lots. Thanks for the backup.

Thank god I updated my picons when I updated my image. I seemed to have a picon for every station I had scanned

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

championc wrote: »
    Thank god I updated my picons when I updated my image. I seemed to have a picon for every station I had scanned.
    Don't suppose you could upload a copy of them. I only formatted my hard drive yesterday and lost them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

jayo26 wrote: »
    Installed freshpots 4.5 backup couple of nights ago and have to say I'm delighted with it. Not one system crash and series link and ts media player works great so much better then all the open atv images I have tried and I have tried lots. Thanks for the backup.

I agree 100%, it's an excellent image.
    Very very stable. I have yet to have a crash on it.

I too tried the OpenATV 4.2 image and there were so many problems with it between black screening and recording issues that it drove me mad.

Thanks FreshPots.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Don't suppose you could upload a copy of them. I only formatted my hard drive yesterday and lost them all.

I'll be needing a copy of them too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2fd2frw1gob1a7/picons.7z?dl=0

Picons for your perusal

• Advertisement

Still no joy. Tried different USB formatted to FAT32 and cc's image.

Plugin just shows "pvr" folder (which isn't on the drive, so I assume it's the local storage)

Tried Apogee's method and just got the "T TO" message again.

Plugin just shows "pvr" folder (which isn't on the drive, so I assume it's the local storage)

So you went to my Download links, found the folder "plugin" and copied it to the root of your USB stick - yes?

You then booted into Spark and once it was booted, you inserted the stick into the USB port - yes ?

At this point, you were prompted to install the plugins - yes ?

Something tells me that some of your answers above will be NO !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

This might sound really stupid but you have unzip the image? spark will create a pvr folder automatically when you load it up with a thumb drive inserted so the only reason he cant see the image folder might be because its not unzipped? I am probably wrong but worth a shout.

Something not quite right.
    The image file should be two files (uImage and e2jiffs2.img, I think) in a folder called enigma2.
    There should be nothing else on the usb stick and it should be formatted to FAT32 before you put them on it.
    Make sure there is no other harddrive or usb stick plugged into the receiver.

Don't give up!

mrbloop wrote: »
    Something not quite right.
    The image file should be two files (uImage and e2jiffs2.img, I think) in a folder called enigma2.
    There should be nothing else on the usb stick and it should be formatted to FAT32 before you put them on it.
    Make sure there is no other harddrive or usb stick plugged into the receiver.

Don't give up!

It can be any folder you like, and even in a subfolder, if you use the Spark e2upgrade plugin, which is always the way to go if you want to have any hair left !!!

championc wrote: »
    So you went to my Download links, found the folder "plugin" and copied it to the root of your USB stick - yes?

You then booted into Spark and once it was booted, you inserted the stick into the USB port - yes ?

At this point, you were prompted to install the plugins - yes ?

Something tells me that some of your answers above will be NO !!!

I did follow the steps. I already have an enigma image (albeit a broken one) and the plugins, so I skipped steps 1 and 3 as per your instructions. I booted into Spark, ran the e2_upgrade plugin and still only saw the pvr folder.

Then I decided to try steps 1 and 3 to see if I could refresh my plugins, but wasn't prompted to update them automatically.

Technofobe wrote: »

What's the name of these? Just like to know so I can keep them up to date.

What's the name of these? Just like to know so I can keep them up to date.
    Will have a look and see if i can find where I downloaded them from

I did follow the steps. I already have an enigma image (albeit a broken one) and the plugins, so I skipped steps 1 and 3 as per your instructions. I booted into Spark, ran the e2_upgrade plugin and still only saw the pvr folder.

Then I decided to try steps 1 and 3 to see if I could refresh my plugins, but wasn't prompted to update them automatically.
    As suggested by jayo26 sounds like maybe the file is zipped and the plugin wont see it if its zipped

What you should see if it is unzipped

WP_20150106_001_zps3ef3772d.jpg

WP_20150106_004_zpsa7e534b3.jpg

If you have a hard drive connected as well as the usb you may have to select the drive path by pressing ok on the remote the select the right drive and folder as suggested by champion
    Then press red to select that folder
    then red again to upgrade

If you are seeing a folder called pvr then the system is seeing the drive
    It is probably likley that the folder you have put on it is zipped
    You can easily check this by plugging the drive into you'r pc
    do you see 2 folders
    back_of _e2
    pvr

Inside back_of_e2 there should be 2 files
    e2jffs2.img
    uImage

• Advertisement

Do you maybe have a HDD connected too ? You should at least be able to see the "PLUGIN" folder with the "PVR" folder. When inserted, it does not know if the plugins are already installed so will ALWAYS prompt you for installation of the plugins.

If you have a HDD already connected to the back of the box, disconnect it. It will only like one or other of them connected, not both. This is also possibly why you cannot see whatever folder you put the image in to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement