Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Plugins are in a "plugin" folder on the drive (unzipped), there is nothing else on the drive.

I don't have any other hard drives or flash drives attached.

I'll post screenshots this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Mr E wrote: »
    Plugins are in a "plugin" folder on the drive (unzipped), there is nothing else on the drive.

Then, like I said, you should see BOTH the "plugin" and "pvr" folders.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Yep, I understand, and I don't. :)

I'll post more details this evening when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sounds like you already have the e2 upgrade plugin installed on spark if you do all you need on the usb stick is the folder that contains the image unzipped and as said above it can be called anything but usually backup_of_e2 or just enigma 2. Then select e2 upgrade plugin from the menu in spark and press ok and point it towards the usb stick and the folder that you have the backup saved in.

To be continued....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

sorry to hijack but could somebody give me a good back up of the best image for alien 8900 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Hi

i was looking at the amiko alien 2 with enigma loaded to replace my sky hd box. This would give me 7 day epg, happy days. I was also going to buy a triax trilink so i could still pick up the channels and control them in other rooms. Now i believe this may not be able to work as you can only choose hdmi or scart output, not both.

Is this the case and is there anyway around it e.g. hdmi to scart convertor?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

glineli wrote: »
    Hi
    Now i believe this may not be able to work as you can only choose hdmi or scart output, not both.

You can have both outputting at the same time when using Spark, not sure on Enigma though. Resolution has to be lowered also though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

i was looking at the amiko alien 2 with enigma loaded to replace my sky hd box. This would give me 7 day epg, happy days. I was also going to buy a triax trilink so i could still pick up the channels and control them in other rooms. Now i believe this may not be able to work as you can only choose hdmi or scart output, not both.

Is this the case and is there anyway around it e.g. hdmi to scart convertor?

thanks
    Raspberry pi or Cubieboard and stream from the Amiko Alien 2 in HD
    the raspberry pi to alien thread is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057182938

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Will the magic eye (the one that connects to hdmi lead) work on the aa2?
    If I say wanted the box out of sight upstairs etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sorry to hijack but could somebody give me a good back up of the best image for alien 8900 thanks

The Hyperion 4 one I gave you months ago is still the best .
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACNLQeV3-nte0ucQ95U1xoEa/Alien%201%20Files?dl=0
    In your own words "its working perfect" .

People need to understand that a newer image is not always better than the previous revision.
    In fact in most cases the newer software is more buggy that the older version and needs a bit of time to iron out the issues.

My word of advice is that if you find an image that you are happy with and its "works perfectly" ,then stick with it ,too many people seem to be chopping and changing images .

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Zardoz wrote: »
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACNLQeV3-nte0ucQ95U1xoEa/Alien%201%20Files?dl=0
    In your own words "its working perfect" .

People need to understand that a newer image is not always better than the previous revision.
    In fact in most cases the newer software is more buggy that the older version and needs a bit of time to iron out the issues.

My word of advice is that if you find an image that you are happy with and its "works perfectly" ,then stick with it ,too many people seem to be chopping and changing images .

Not to offend anybody on the forum but your Hyperion V4 for AA2+ has been the most stable image for me. Using it under normal conditions, I don't get any green screens.

Zardoz wrote: »

Nothing wrong with chopping and changing ha :) just keep a backup of your system when its working perfect for you.
    I love trying different software and figuring out how they work same as I do with my android phone id say I've flashed my s4 100s of times :)
    Nearly everyone starts off by chopping and changing somewhere its all about learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

cyndale wrote: »
    Not to offend anybody on the forum but your Hyperion V4 for AA2+ has been the most stable image for me. Using it under normal conditions, I don't get any green screens.

Haven't tried any other apart from open atv at the beginning, tried Zardoz' and never went back, never crashed in normal use.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Haven't tried any other apart from open atv at the beginning, tried Zardoz' and never went back, never crashed in normal use.

Same here I tried tons of open ATV images and always had crashes even on adjusting simple settings in using freshpots v4.5 now and it is unreal how much better it is then openatv

championc wrote: »
    Thank god I updated my picons when I updated my image. I seemed to have a picon for every station I had scanned

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

where do i install these picons

where do i install these picons

Create a folder in your external hard drive or usb stick called picon and place then in there then set auto bouquets to find them in folder media/hdd/picon and run auto bouquets and then it should work. You might have to restart enigma.

thank you

OK made some progress tonight. I copied both folders (plugin and back_of_e2) onto 5 different flash drives.

The third one prompted me to upgrade plugins, so I did. Rebooted and ran the Enigma upgrade.
    Rebooted again into Enigma and I've got a black screen, the LED says BOOT and it is now 22 minutes and counting.

I've tried championc's image and zardoz' image, same for both.
    My box is a SAB Triple if that makes any difference (CC I used your SAB_Triple image).

Next steps?

OK made some progress tonight. I copied both folders (plugin and back_of_e2) onto 5 different flash drives.

The third one prompted me to upgrade plugins, so I did. Rebooted and ran the Enigma upgrade.
    Rebooted again into Enigma and I've got a black screen, the LED says BOOT and it is now 22 minutes and counting.

My box is a SAB Triple if that makes any difference (CC I used your SAB_Triple image).

Next steps?

When you run the enigma upgrade does it show up on screen that its installing enigma kernel and then file system and then say its flashed successfully?

• Advertisement

Yup.

Yup.

Only other thing I can suggest you check is when you plug the usb stick into your pc just go into the folder where you image is and make sure they are just the two files inside of that folder that and no other folder or files are in there after that I cant see why it wouldn't boot up properly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Next steps?

Put the 2 Enigma image files on the root of the usb drive ,i.e not in any folder .
    Then run the Enigma upgrade .

I have found that trying to run the Enigma upgrade from a folder rarely works ,the box just stays at BOOT like you are experiencing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

sometimes there can be an extra folder in the enigma2 folder on the usb which can cause problems . the 2 files need to be on there own in the folder on the root of the usb

the usb is preferred to be formatted in fat32 and 4gig is recomended

I tried the factory restore method on boot for sh*ts and giggles, and it actually worked. :)

Thanks for all your help, folks!

OK next issue... :)

UK channels are fine, but Saorview channels are all black. Do I just do a rescan, or will that mess up the channel listings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

OK next issue... :)

UK channels are fine, but Saorview channels are all black. Do I just do a rescan, or will that mess up the channel listings?

Re-scan but scan Manually. So get your frequencies for your transmitter first. See attached PDF below

Thanks CC. So I need to pick the main station or relay closest to where I live?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Thanks CC. So I need to pick the main station or relay closest to where I live?

I haven't used this myself but putting your town/area in the search bar here should give you the data you need.

There maybe a better way of course if someone else knows.

• Advertisement

Perfect, cheers. Woodcock Hill it is, so. I'll try it out tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement