Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Finally have this box set up nicely but two issues remain to be solved.

The first is the fact that the time on the front panel is ahead by two hours. I ran your cron job Champion but its still the same. If I telnet to the box and type date, the correct date and time is listed. Anything else I can try? I have tried both ntp and transponder so far.

The second is the brightness of the front panel in standy. I use it in a bedroom and it extremely bright at night, and even though there are settings to adjust brightness in Display settings they dont seem to have any effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Hi guys, am using Freshpots Hv4.5 image, great image.
    The best I have used.

Just wondering what skin people are using with this image?
    Also, does anyone have issues playing mp4 files using the media player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi guys, am using Freshpots Hv4.5 image, great image.
    The best I have used.

Just wondering what skin people are using with this image?
    Also, does anyone have issues playing mp4 files using the media player?

Tried pli-mod? Its in the skins menu. Seems to be fairly popular with people who don't like the sky skin. EMC looks well with it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Tried pli-mod? Its in the skins menu. Seems to be fairly popular with people who don't like the sky skin. EMC looks well with it also.

yeah I'm using that PLI one. Nice skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Technofobe wrote: »

Hi lads, running FreshPots Hv4.5 and used that attachment to get the UK picons working using auto bouquets however now all my Saorview picons which were there before are gone.

Anyone know how I can get the Saorview picons back?

• Advertisement

cork_south wrote: »
    Hi lads, running FreshPots Hv4.5 and used that attachment to get the UK picons working using auto bouquets however now all my Saorview picons which were there before are gone.

Anyone know how I can get the Saorview picons back?

Two options.
    Either place the saorview picons in /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon
    Or
    Place them in the same folder as the UK ones on the HDD and go to skin setup in the blue panel and change picons location to hdd.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Two options.
    Either place the saorview picons in /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon
    Or
    Place them in the same folder as the UK ones on the HDD and go to skin setup in the blue panel and change picon to hdd.

Thanks, do you have a copy of the saorview icons anywhere?

cork_south wrote: »
    Thanks, do you have a copy of the saorview icons anywhere?

All here.
    http://goo.gl/0X6LsM

New backup done this morning. Nothing major, just fixed the 2nd info bar, deleted rats picons plugin as its no longer being updated and added a folder to the download which includes xpicons I found here and all the saorview tv ones too. Download link is still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

New backup done this morning. Nothing major, just fixed the 2nd info bar, deleted rats picons plugin as its no longer being updated and added a folder to the download which includes xpicons I found here and all the saorview tv ones too. Download link is still the same.

Firstly, thanks for a great image.

Just on the picons bit, I flashed your previous 4.5 image the other night and I downloaded a set of picons the Technofobe uploaded here a few days ago.

I dropped the picons on to my hdd in the location used by autobouquets (I'm not at home now so I don't know the path), ran autobouquets and the picons were all fine.

If I use the picons that you have uploaded and go through the steps in your user guide (i.e via blue panel), does this override the autobouquets settings or do I need to do anything in autobouquets to 'not' reference them?

Would the easiest thing to do be to flash the new image and go through the steps in the user guide?

• Advertisement

Firstly, thanks for a great image.

Just on the picons bit, I flashed your previous 4.5 image the other night and I downloaded a set of picons the Technofobe uploaded here a few days ago.

I dropped the picons on to my hdd in the location used by autobouquets (I'm not at home now so I don't know the path), ran autobouquets and the picons were all fine.

If I use the picons that you have uploaded and go through the steps in your user guide (i.e via blue panel), does this override the autobouquets settings or do I need to do anything in autobouquets to 'not' reference them?

Would the easiest thing to do be to flash the new image and go through the steps in the user guide?

It should just be a matter of going to your picon folder on the hdd and deleting the contents of it and pasting in the new ones I think. Ab is expecting them to be there and the names will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Hi All,
    Just got my Alien 2+ this week so fairly new to all this.

I installed Freshpots Hv4.5 image yesterday. Its working well, I just have a couple of questions.

1. What settings are people using in AutoBouquets? Republic of Ireland SD/HD, one of the UK regions?
    I'd like to have the Irish channels at the top or an Irish bouquet. Also the EPG that is set up in Freshpot's backup is missing a couple of HD channels...

2. Does the on demand plugin work with this image? Its not installed in the backup and doesn't show up when I go to install plugins. Maybe I need to download it from somewhere else?

Thanks,
    Daniel

dkane wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just got my Alien 2+ this week so fairly new to all this.

I installed Freshpots Hv4.5 image yesterday. Its working well, I just have a couple of questions.

1. What settings are people using in AutoBouquets? Republic of Ireland SD/HD, one of the UK regions?
    I'd like to have the Irish channels at the top or an Irish bouquet. Also the EPG that is set up in Freshpot's backup is missing a couple of HD channels...

2. Does the on demand plugin work with this image? Its not installed in the backup and doesn't show up when I go to install plugins. Maybe I need to download it from somewhere else?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi dkane,

1. Most people here would use London SD and add the saorview channels to favourites or if you want you can make a seperate Saorview bouquet but it needs to be below the Autobouquets bouquet in the channel list.Which channels are you missing?

2. On demand plugin doesn't work with hyperion images but from what I've heard most of it does not work anymore as bbc blocked the iplayer and I think 4od might not work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Thanks Fresh Pots,
    I was thinking that I would just add the Irish channels to the favourites and go with a UK region.
    There's 3 HD channels that would be nice to have in the Sports Bouquet but I guess I can just add them to the favourites too.

Thanks for the info on the on demand plugin. It was installed in the original image I tried but I hadn't tested it before installing your hyperion image.

dkane wrote: »
    Thanks Fresh Pots,
    I was thinking that I would just add the Irish channels to the favourites and go with a UK region.
    There's 3 HD channels that would be nice to have in the Sports Bouquet but I guess I can just add them to the favourites too.

That's easily sorted using the supplement.txt file.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Hi Fresh Pots,
    First, thanks for your original Hv4.5 image, its the best I've flashed so far and I'll be updating to you one from today too! I'm having a real pain getting crossepg to work and also with picons.
    The crossepg plugins seems to be downloading the xmls fine and when I check the folder on the HDD with DCC, I can see the updated files. When I then force reload, I get nothing usually more than now + next. I've tried everything I could find on this thread to fix it but no use. Head melted!

The picons are acting up as well, I can get them to show in the epg but not in the infobar, a pain in the b**ls.

Anyway, I'll flash your new backup tonight, it might fix the lot!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Just updated a friends box to Freshpots Hyp 4.5 when you push play the hard drive stuff is showing up but i cant record anything. Its saying hdd not initialized. In system settings it wont let me change record path. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Originally Posted by dkane View Post
    Thanks Fresh Pots,

which channels are these ?

So i can record if im on the channel and i push record. It wont record using cool guide. The programme changes to red but when i checked timers it says waiting.

FIXED. I deleted the hdd folder and now the recordings point to sda1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Using Fresh Pots image (great image) is there a way to set audio,especially on movie channels, to mpeg as default and switch off the subtitles for the mpeg audio

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

Is there any simple way to only tune in the free to air channels on the SAB Unix Triple Tuner that is running Enigma2? I have ran a manual scan and chose FTA only but it still populates the box with Sky1, Comedy Central etc.

Using Dreambox edit I have deleted the encrypted channels but it still leaves loads.

Only new to this receiver. I have browsed the forum but I cant find the answer.

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Just bought an Amiko Alien2, could somebody please point me in the right direction on how to get started?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

jspuds wrote: »
    Just bought an Amiko Alien2, could somebody please point me in the right direction on where to start?

Personally, I would use Spark for a while, so that you get familiar how good the picture is and how easy it is to find your way round the box.

Then when you are familiar with Spark you can progress to Enigma2.

I see a lot of people on the forum complaining about the box, when really it is the 'instability' of enigma2, Just my tuppence worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

The crossepg plugins seems to be downloading the xmls fine and when I check the folder on the HDD with DCC, I can see the updated files. When I then force reload, I get nothing usually more than now + next. I've tried everything I could find on this thread to fix it but no use. Head melted!

I assume you are running with CrossEPG 0.8.1. This was pretty much my experience with this version which was why I went back to 0.6.2

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Hi Fresh Pots,
    First, thanks for your original Hv4.5 image, its the best I've flashed so far and I'll be updating to you one from today too! I'm having a real pain getting crossepg to work and also with picons.

The picons are acting up as well, I can get them to show in the epg but not in the infobar, a pain in the b**ls.

Anyway, I'll flash your new backup tonight, it might fix the lot!

Thanks again.

Haven't had any problems myself with crossepg or with the picons in the way you describe. Are you sure the HDD is mounted in the bluepanel? And swap is enabled?

As for the picons that's odd, never seen that before. Let me know if you still are having problems tomorrow anyway. They're must be something causing it.

Over and out!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

I think if you go to menu-set-up-customise, there is a option to show picons on the info bar. Going off memory here, so I may not be 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

I think if you go to menu-set-up-customise, there is an option to show picons on the info bar. Going off memory here, so I may not be 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

So whats the easiest way to change the boot splash screen on Open ATV 4.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I've just switched from openATV to hyperion which is a big improvement in terms of stability.

I have 2 small queries.

1. Is it possible to add the rte player plugin to the main menu?

2. In the rte player plugin the fast forward and pause functions don't work. Is there a way to enable this?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement