Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Harcrid wrote: »
    So whats the easiest way to change the boot splash screen on Open ATV 4.2?

Replace bootlogo.mvi file in /usr/share

For other people asking about picons, the BOX location for them is /usr/share/enigma2/picon

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ro-76 wrote: »
    I've just switched from openATV to hyperion which is a big improvement in terms of stability.

I have 2 small queries.

1. Is it possible to add the rte player plugin to the main menu?

2. In the rte player plugin the fast forward and pause functions don't work. Is there a way to enable this?

Thanks!

Its a no on both questions unfortunately. You could map it to a particular button though if you wanted. I'll put up a guide on how to do it tonight if you want.

championc wrote: »
    For other people asking about picons, the BOX location for them is /usr/share/enigma2/picon

Or if you have Hyperion v4.5 and you have set picon location to HDD in the bluepamel they need to be in /hdd/picon.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

Fresh Pots wrote: »

Or if you have Hyperion v4.5 and you have set picon location to HDD in the bluepamel they need to be in /hdd/picon.

Can you set them to box in Hyperion?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gonky

Hi just changed to hyperion 4.5 and find it very stable . Thanks .
    Is it possible to run airplay on hyperion 4.5 .

• Advertisement

Gonky wrote: »
    Hi just changed to hyperion 4.5 and find it very stable . Thanks .
    Is it possible to run airplay on hyperion 4.5 .

Tried it a while back and it did work but it slowed the box down when using it. I didn't have much use for it so I deleted it.

Can you set them to box in Hyperion?

Yeah in skin setup in the bluepanel set picon location to enigma2. Its a better idea to have them on an external harddrive/flash drive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gonky

Tried it a while back and it did work but it slowed the box down when using it. I didn't have much use for it so I deleted it.

Thanks ill give it a go over weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey guys using freshpots 4.5 backup any way of switiching off the resume from last viewed location when viewing movies or programmes? Driving me nuts I've gone threw all the settings so obviously im missing something

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hey guys using freshpots 4.5 backup any way of switiching off the resume from last viewed location when viewing movies or programmes? Driving me nuts I've gone threw all the settings so obviously im missing something

Menu -Setup-System-Harddisk-Record
    Switch behaviour when a movie is started to start from beginning or ask user, whichever you prefer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

When I install an image it seems to work for the 1st few times but then stops downloading. I download manually and nothing updates. I reformatted my HDD and it creates the EPG files and databases but they don't populate with anything. I get now and next when I open the channels. Any ideas... very frustrated as I keep trying things and even re scan all the channels etc to try and fix but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Hi folks, can anyone confirm if they can play .mp4 files on freshpots 4.5 image?

The mp4 video stutters for me but I can play recordings and other file types ok.

BopperSnr wrote: »
    When I install an image it seems to work for the 1st few times but then stops downloading. I download manually and nothing updates. I reformatted my HDD and it creates the EPG files and databases but they don't populate with anything. I get now and next when I open the channels. Any ideas... very frustrated as I keep trying things and even re scan all the channels etc to try and fix but no joy.

How many satellite feeds have you got to the box? 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Its a no on both questions unfortunately. You could map it to a particular button though if you wanted. I'll put up a guide on how to do it tonight if you want.

That would be great if you could show me how to map it to a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

BopperSnr wrote: »

I assume you are running with CrossEPG 0.8.1. This was pretty much my experience with this version which was why I went back to 0.6.2

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Hi FreshPots, just went to download the 2nd info bar fix but its gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

aireng wrote: »
    Hi FreshPots, just went to download the 2nd info bar fix but its gone?
    He updated his image with it in it. Download that.

He updated his image with it in it. Download that.

Just realised it, updating the image now thanks

Using Hyp 4.5. When I've paused live tv (with timeshift off) I want to fast forward but the history zap is assigned to the fwd and rwd buttons. How do I deassign them from history zap?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Does doing a factory reset get rid of enigma2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

cyndale wrote: »
    Does doing a factory reset get rid of enigma2?

No if you do a factory reset in enigma 2 it resets your image back to the start but this will delete all your channels and settings ect

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

championc wrote: »
    I assume you are running with CrossEPG 0.8.1. This was pretty much my experience with this version which was why I went back to 0.6.2

Downloading to 0.6.2 worked a treat. Big shout out to Freshpots & championc for his help here. It was driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

I've put together this custom_swap.txt file that swaps the available HD and SD channels.
    Useful if you are running AutoBouquets with the region set to say "London SD" but want BBC1 HD on 101 etc.

To use ftp this file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets on your box and then run AutoBouquets with custom swaps set to yes.

Have tested on FreshPots 4.5 image but should work with others too.

Hi folks, can anyone confirm if they can play .mp4 files on freshpots 4.5 image?

The mp4 video stutters for me but I can play recordings and other file types ok.

In case anyone else gets caught out by this, default media player cannot play MP4 in Hv4.5
    The workaround is to install EMC media player from the plugins section.
    EMC media player can play MP4 files no problem.

In case anyone else gets caught out by this, default media player cannot play MP4 in Hv4.5
    The workaround is to install EMC media player from the plugins section.
    EMC media player can play MP4 files no problem.

Watched a 20 minute mp4 earlier using the default player. Experienced about 4 minor picture glitches in that time but it was perfectly watchable.

Emc is installed in my image already so it just needs to be enabled in the plugins section.

Watched a 20 minute mp4 earlier using the default player. Experienced about 4 minor picture glitches in that time but it was perfectly watchable.

Emc is installed in my image already so it just needs to be enabled in the plugins section.

Cheers.
    That's strange, I tried 4 different MP4 files and they were unwatchable with the default player. They all work perfectly with EMC.
    I usually uninstall all plugins I don't use when I flash an image so maybe I had uninstalled EMC.

Hi FreshPots,
    I installed your hyp 4.5 last night, the 2nd info bar isn't working on some of the channels. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

mrbloop wrote: »
    I think if you go to menu-set-up-customise, there is a option to show picons on the info bar. Going off memory here, so I may not be 100% correct.

I got this completely wrong! My apologies to anybody I misdirected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Hi FreshPots,
    I installed your hyp 4.5 last night, the 2nd info bar isn't working on some of the channels. Any ideas?

Are you sure you downloaded his latest version? He has a fix put in place for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Using Hyp 4.5. When I've paused live tv (with timeshift off) I want to fast forward but the history zap is assigned to the fwd and rwd buttons. How do I deassign them from history zap?

I just uninstalled the history zap plugin. Anyone know how can I change the front panel display to note show the time just the channel no and name?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement