Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

tnegun wrote: »
    I just uninstalled the history zap plugin. Anyone know how can I change the front panel display to note show the time just the channel no and name?

As in make more space for the name? I don't think that's possible unfortunately. At least I've never seen it before anyway.

aireng wrote: »
    Hi FreshPots,
    I installed your hyp 4.5 last night, the 2nd info bar isn't working on some of the channels. Any ideas?

As pointed out above i updated the image yesterday with the fix built in. If you downloaded it before about 9 yesterday morning its the old version you have.

If your on the new version have you ran crossepg and have a HDD mounted?

If you have the old version just follow this to fix the 2nd info bar.
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45674&page=27&p=78217&viewfull=1#post78217

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    As in make more space for the name? I don't think that's possible unfortunately. At least I've never seen it before anyway.

Yeah that's exactly it. Im running the older version of your 4.5 image what's the problem with the second info bar?

Yeah that's exactly it. Im running the older version of your 4.5 image what's the problem with the second info bar?
    It doesn't show the programme info on the sat channels. Its just a matter of FTPing in and replacing a file to fix it. My last post above has a link to the file.

It doesn't show the programme info on the sat channels. Its just a matter of FTPing in and replacing a file to fix it. My last post above has a link to the file.

Ahh I'd noticed but put it down to CrossEPG I'm running 8.1 and have been meaning to downgrade thanks

• Advertisement

Ahh I'd noticed but put it down to CrossEPG I'm running 8.1 and have been meaning to downgrade thanks
    This is the fix for the 2nd info bar. Might be no need to downgrade. I haven't had any problems with 0.8.1 so far anyway.

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45674&page=27&p=78217&viewfull=1#post78217

I'll give that a shot tonight when I can have a minute with the box. I don't see EPG info under the Webif either though or is it related?

I'll give that a shot tonight when I can have a minute with the box. I don't see EPG info under the Webif either though or is it related?

Quite possibly, not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

I had cross EPG set to disk instead of HDD. Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I just uninstalled the history zap plugin. Anyone know how can I change the front panel display to note show the time just the channel no and name?
    From memory (not near a box now) BLUE PANEL>SETTINGS>FRONT PANEL might have something that suits.

• Advertisement

From memory (not near a box now) BLUE PANEL>SETTINGS>FRONT PANEL might have something that suits.

No option to remove the time in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

No option to remove the time in there.
    True
    But if you use dreamboxedit you can rename the channel to be whatever you like and shorten it as best you can
    but as stated by fresh you cant remove the time to make more space

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Technofobe wrote: »
    True
    But if you use dreamboxedit you can rename the channel to be whatever you like and shorten it as best you can
    but as stated by fresh you cant remove the time to make more space

Although of course, via AutoBouquets, you can have channel names without the channel number. I'm fairly sure that's the way I have my image right now.

The VFD on AA2+ boxes displays slightly more than the AA2

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Quite possibly, not sure though.

My second satellite connection had come loose so I think thats what happened the info in Webif! I got those files too and fixed the infobar issue thanks again.

I've another issue now its like the recording bug in the ATV image. I've a couple of Raspberry PIs running XBMC and the VU+/Enigma plugin. If I stream a satellite channel and then change satellite channel on the box I get a black screen for all stations. I see a blinking R record icon in the infobar too and when I go to System - Service Searching - Satellite Searching I see that no signal is being received on the B tuner. Any one have similar or know of a quick fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

My second satellite connection had come loose so I think thats what happened the info in Webif! I got those files too and fixed the infobar issue thanks again.

I've another issue now its like the recording bug in the ATV image. I've a couple of Raspberry PIs running XBMC and the VU+/Enigma plugin. If I stream a satellite channel and then change satellite channel on the box I get a black screen for all stations. I see a blinking R record icon in the infobar too and when I go to System - Service Searching - Satellite Searching I see that no signal is being received on the B tuner. Any one have similar or know of a quick fix?

I read on another forum that it can happen that tuners may not free if they are used to stream from another device which maybe what has happened.

I had a similar issue when streaming via the vu+app on my android tablet. I had to reflash an image to get it working again. I don't use the vu+ app or my pi to stream from the box anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ronan.om

Hi there,

I'm new to all this freesat world so forgive the idiotic questions.

I'm running the Enigma 2 on my Amiko alien 2. Any time I switch on and off the box it boots in E2 but finishes with the Amiko sunrise homepage with the audio of the channel running in the background. I can hear the channel (in this instance UCB TV) and while i can change the channels using the buttons on the box the remote is not connecting.

I've tried the reboot via spark but the OS says that it can't find the image. It will boot in enigma but again no picture just the sunrise.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Rónán

I read on another forum that it can happen that tuners may not free if they are used to stream from another device which maybe what has happened.

I had a similar issue when streaming via the vu+app on my android tablet. I had to reflash an image to get it working again. I don't use the vu+ app or my pi to stream from the box anymore.

I think my second satellite feed might not be setup properly. I went back to basics and tried recording a Sat station and all the others where black until I stopped the recording. Under Satfinder I'm seeing both tuners receiving signal but don't pick up and stations.

Ran a rescan through Autobouquets and the second tuner is working on the box now. Still having trouble with the PI though but I'll take another look at it tomorrow but looks like it's trying to use the tuner thats in use or should Enigma handle that?

edit: Trying to watch one station and stream the other through Webif is producing the same results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Hi Champ. I just installed your Open ATV image and works great. However when I tune in the saorview channels the box slows to a crawl and eventually hangs. Any idea whats causing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Harcrid wrote: »
    Hi Champ. I just installed your Open ATV image and works great. However when I tune in the saorview channels the box slows to a crawl and eventually hangs. Any idea whats causing this?

Had the same problem mate and I installed freshpots image to try it and its been running excelent for the past week with no big problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Has anyone used the cable tuner in these, any help/guidance would be appreciated.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the cable tuner in these, any help/guidance would be appreciated.

No legal way of using the cable tuner in Ireland so let's not go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

hey fresh pots just setting up your latest image and i cant find my box on my pc, any chance of a reminder again how to do it please?

how.gareth wrote: »
    hey fresh pots just setting up your latest image and i cant find my box on my pc, any chance of a reminder again how to do it please?

You mean to ftp over stuff in filezilla? Find the IP of the box in the network menu, then make sure filezilla is looking at it. If you came from a different image make sure the username is root and password is pkteam.

You mean to ftp over stuff in filezilla? Find the IP of the box in the network menu, then make sure filezilla is looking at it. If you came from a different image make sure the username is root and password is pkteam.

i can usually see my drive of my box on my pc network?

im just trying to transfer the picons over?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

i can usually see my drive of my box on my pc network?

go to the blue panel -mount drives- smb samba

at the host ip option, enter the ip of your pc.
    then save (red button) then run servershould say, server is running successfully, if not, you will need to re install the samba server plugin (from the plugin section)

Slevster wrote: »
    go to the blue panel -mount drives- smb samba

at the host ip option, enter the ip of your pc.
    then save (red button) then run servershould say, server is running successfully, if not, you will need to re install the samba server plugin (from the plugin section)

cheers that all went ok, i still cant see the drive tho, anything else i need to do?

im just trying to transfer the picons over?

best to use filezilla (or dcc)
    picons go in /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon (create a picon folder if there isn't one already there )

or put them on the hdd, and change skin settings, as FreshPots suggests a few pages back

• Advertisement

cheers that all went ok, i still cant see the drive tho, anything else i need to do?

the usual - reboot after changes (which I'm sure you've done)
    can you see it with dreambox edit, filezilla etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement