Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I've only one sat and saorview connected. An update, I just went to TV3 on saorview there, pressed the record button and navigated to a sat channel. Running sound now? I'll try another timer in a bit and let ye know how it goes.
    Cheers.

Not sure if its causing this problem but you should disable the second sat tuner if you don't have a feed connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Ok, so I disabled the 2nd sat tuner and now have an ongoing saorview recording and am watching a sat channel without a problem. Not sure if that was the cause but thanks for the help anyway!
    BTW, anyone got dreamplex running on this image? I installed it but after setting up my server details and trying to connect, I got a green screen. When the box came round again, dreamplex was gone! Anyway, I am now using MediaCentre from the blue panel and it can see the my Plex server and play my movies no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Slevster wrote: »
    There you go- Life lessons . This box just gives and gives.

fair play Jayo. no small thing starting a business. continued success to you.

Cheers mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

i had feck all free memory so i deleted a load of plugins i dont use and checked again and i only have 3% free memory. box seems to be running ok tho, is that ok or have i something set up wrong? epg is set up ok. swap says its on. ps- 3 hours of wife use on the new image and new skin and no nagging so far! cheers for the image FP :D

how.gareth wrote: »
    i had feck all free memory so i deleted a load of plugins i dont use and checked again and i only have 3% free memory. box seems to be running ok tho, is that ok or have i something set up wrong? epg is set up ok. swap says its on. ps- 3 hours of wife use on the new image and new skin and no nagging so far! cheers for the image FP :D

I've often checked mine and it runs around 3% too mate it should be fine

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »

The partner is the best person to testsdrive satelite boxes haha mine comes home and tells me down to the last detail what's wrong haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the 2nd infobar not working properly on the sky skin in my image

Anyway here is a fix for it. Just ftp the Event files to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Converter and overwrite.

6Hew61Kl.jpg?1

2nd Infobar Fix for sky skin
    link is broken has anybody got this please

link is broken has anybody got this please
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45674&page=27&p=78217&viewfull=1#post78217

If you downloaded the image after Thursday morning the info bar is already fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

What image is the best to flash these days? I haven't used my box in about 6 month and last time it was used I had problems with a slow responding image that put me off working on it.

What image is the best to flash these days? I haven't used my box in about 6 month and last time it was used I had problems with a slow responding image that put me off working on it.

Try out Hyperion v4.5. Its the most stable image around at the moment imo. Either start from scratch yourself or if you prefer I have made a backup here.

http://goo.gl/0X6LsM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Try out Hyperion v4.5. Its the most stable image around at the moment imo. Either start from scratch yourself or if you prefer I have made a backup here.

Thanks. I was using an older version of hyperion when I first got the box and it seemed to be the best at the time too.

Will try out your backup once I find some time!

i downloaded your link u said was same last night but info bar still same.can i have a new link to your latest version

i downloaded your link u said was same last night but info bar still same.can i have a new link to your latest version
    Should be working in that link. Did you load crossepg? Is the programme info showing up in cooltvguide?

yews i did but still the same any ideas

yews i did but still the same any ideas

Don't know why that would be happening unless dropbox never replaced the files correctly because they have the same name as the old ones. Can anyone else confirm that it is working for them in the latest update?

If the above is the case you just need to apply the fix a few posts up that I linked to on sattvhelp. Its just a matter of FTPing over a file to replace an old one. Somehow I don't think that's the problem here though.

Don't know why that would be happening unless dropbox never replaced the files correctly because they have the same name as the old ones. Can anyone else confirm that it is working for them in the latest update?

If the above is the case you just need to apply the fix a few posts up that I linked to on sattvhelp. Its just a matter of FTPing over a file to replace an old one. Somehow I don't think that's the problem here though.
    downloaded the same latest image and it still got rats picons on it too

downloaded the same latest image and it still got rats picons on it too

Thats weird will have to have a look at it this evening.

Thats weird will have to have a look at it this evening.
    ya thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

I've only got 2 cables coming from dish to room where my new Alien 2+ is. One of these had been used to feed an old Sky box that we use for fta with the output fed to bedrooms.
    I'm thinking about using the loop out interface on one of the Alien's sat tuners to feed the sky box until I get a chance to run another cable from the dish.

Only one of the receivers will ever be in use.
    Can anyone tell me if it's safe to leave the lnb power out turned on on the sky box if it's feed into the alien receiver like this and will the sky box be able to control the lnb when the alien 2+ is powered off?

ok file i downloaded is a new skin as comes in usr.where do i ftp this to

• Advertisement

cyndale wrote: »
    Where can I download skins from?:eek:
    ok file i downloaded is a new skin as comes in usr.where do i ftp this to

Make sure its unzipped and drop it into the / of your box.

ya its unzipped but where do i put it lol

ya its unzipped but where do i put it lol

into the root of your box (not the folder called root) Its the folder all the other folders are in, looks like this /

cQHiY4kl.png

Drag and drop the usr file directly onto the / highlighted in blue in the picture.

any chance or ur latest version tonight

any chance or ur latest version tonight

Yeah I'll have it up in about an hour. Must be dropbox getting confused or something.

ok thanks alot such a great thread this is..very helpful

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Whenever I go to plugins it green screens on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tomjer

Hi
    started using hyperion. find it very good. I saw a reference by fresh pots to mapping the rte player to a button . I would like to know how to do this.

tomjer wrote: »
    Hi
    started using hyperion. find it very good. I saw a reference by fresh pots to mapping the rte player to a button . I would like to know how to do this.

I actually never figured out how to map it to a particular button. Wasn't as easy as I thought. If anyone else knows be sure to share.

• Advertisement

Whenever I go to plugins it green screens on me
    he is about to upload his latest version soon he said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement