Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

I've got Fresh Pots latest HY4.5 installed on AA2.
    Works fine. - an odd freeze but that's ok.

When turned on it starts on RTE1.

Is there a way to get it to come on and startup on BBC1 ?

I've explored all options and cannot see how to do this :(

A.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anchises wrote: »
    I've got Fresh Pots latest HY4.5 installed on AA2.
    Works fine. - an odd freeze but that's ok.

When turned on it starts on RTE1.

Is there a way to get it to come on and startup on BBC1 ?

I've explored all options and cannot see how to do this :(

A.

Press Ok ,
    Channel list should come up
    Go to BBC 1
    Press Menu
    Options will come up , one of them is " Set As start up Channel "

@ pistolpetes11

Perfect :)

Thank you

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Cheers Gerry Wicklow and Fresh Pots...Working great such a step up from Hyperion 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

sorry fp another question, when my box wakes up from standby the tv screen is black until i press ok which then brings up the channel listing, and sometimes the box just says starting and wont come on until i reboot it , any ideas please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

how.gareth wrote: »
    sorry fp another question, when my box wakes up from standby the tv screen is black until i press ok which then brings up the channel listing, and sometimes the box just says starting and wont come on until i reboot it , any ideas please?

The solution above should fix it switch to a channel that works like bbc1 and set it as your start up channel..

@ jayo26

Exactly - that was my problem :)

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anchises wrote: »
    @ jayo26

Exactly - that was my problem :)

A.

Lol sorry my ignorance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

How do you stop a recording in PKT Hyperion?! I tried pressing the Stop, Pause, Play, Record buttons and had a look in the PKT Blue Panel.

Cheers,

Flex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Hi guys,
    How do I install a .ipk file with DCC?

In DCC
    On lefthand side select tools
    select IPKG packages

On right hand side select upload packages

select the ipk file

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

How do you stop a recording in PKT Hyperion?! I tried pressing the Stop, Pause, Play, Record buttons and had a look in the PKT Blue Panel.

Cheers,

Flex
    Press folder button to see stored movies. Select current recording and hit RED. You will be asked to stop or stop and delete. If it's a timer recording you can delete the timer entry for similar results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Press folder button to see stored movies. Select current recording and hit RED. You will be asked to stop or stop and delete. If it's a timer recording you can delete the timer entry for similar results.

If you press the record button it should give you the option to stop a recording

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

forgot that one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Technofobe wrote: »
    In DCC
    On lefthand side select tools
    select IPKG packages

On right hand side select upload packages

select the ipk file

Thanks Technofobe but didnt work for me, got no errors or anything but no sign of the plugin after a reboot. Am I leaving something out?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Press folder button to see stored movies...
    I tried that but didn't see any recording name or date that was current and represented the channel that was recording.
    Fresh Pots wrote: »
    If you press the record button it should give you the option to stop a recording

I did that too but there was no option to stop a recording.

No recording ended up on the USB HD after I rebooted so maybe I was actually streaming the channel onto my laptop without realising. I think that shows up as 'recording' on the box display.

Cheers,

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

I tried that but didn't see any recording name or date that was current and represented the channel that was recording.

I did that too but there was no option to stop a recording.

No recording ended up on the USB HD after I rebooted so maybe I was actually streaming the channel onto my laptop without realising. I think that shows up as 'recording' on the box display.

Cheers,

Flex

You're right on that one. If steaming, it shows up as one of your tuners in use as recording (at least on the aa2+ box without the new display)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

Hi all,

I downloaded Fresh Pots image last night and installed it and all is working great except my external HDD is no longer recognised. I've been using openatv for ages now (different versions) on my Alien2 box with a 2TB external HDD and all was well, HDD was always recognised.
    I reformatted the HDD into EXT3 but still it is not being recognised by the Fresh Pots image, anyone got any ideas ?

I reformatted via Spark without success and also separately though a windows program to check it was being recognised and not faulty but its not. Other than this HDD issue, the image is flying along so thanks for that.

Anybody got any suggestions please !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

noleybaby wrote: »
    Hi all,

I downloaded Fresh Pots image last night and installed it and all is working great except my external HDD is no longer recognised. I've been using openatv for ages now (different versions) on my Alien2 box with a 2TB external HDD and all was well, HDD was always recognised.
    I reformatted the HDD into EXT3 but still it is not being recognised by the Fresh Pots image, anyone got any ideas ?

I reformatted via Spark without success and also separately though a windows program to check it was being recognised and not faulty but its not. Other than this HDD issue, the image is flying along so thanks for that.

I had that issue but formatted the drive in Spark and then all was ok. Double check the formatting works again.
    I know in enigma under blue panel (?) and hard disk you can see the file format. I noticed the file format was ntfs not ext3 and thats why I formatted in spark. hope it helps...

noleybaby wrote: »
    Hi all,

Assuming that you are mounting using the HDD mount from the blue panel.
    If you have tried mounting as sda1 with no joy, have you tried mounting as sdb1 (use the left or right button on the remote to toggle options )?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭insullation

Hi,

I am using xbmc running on a laptop to access channels on the alien2 (enigma2). The alien2 has a harddisk attached to it. I am wondering can I access the movies that I have stored on the external harddisk through xbmc running on the laptop or am I just limited to the channels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hi am just putting another box in another room and I'm struggling to get my network connected, on the test it says LAN connected but is failing on the ip adress and the nameserver, it's been a while since I set up my main box and I'm wondering if I've missed or forgot to do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Imstuck wrote: »
    Hi am just putting another box in another room and I'm struggling to get my network connected, on the test it says LAN connected but is failing on the ip adress and the nameserver, it's been a while since I set up my main box and I'm wondering if I've missed or forgot to do something?

Are you using a static IP addresses?

If you are, check if both boxes have been assigned the same IP address, if they have then you'll need to change one of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if your on an ordinary network with no static ip 1t will 192.168.1.? if you go on you network settings its will show your ip

this is a private ip and will only be available from a device connected to the same network , mainly used for ftp purposes , but is possible to stream to another device some sd channels

to access it from an outside network you need a static ip which may not be available to your set up

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

Slevster wrote: »
    Assuming that you are mounting using the HDD mount from the blue panel.
    If you have tried mounting as sda1 with no joy, have you tried mounting as sdb1 (use the left or right button on the remote to toggle options )?

reformatted it through windows as EXT3 and it worked this time, thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I have Crossepg saving to my USB, but it also saves to internal flash. I thought if you selected external device, it wouldn't save to internal flash?:confused:

Nowso wrote: »
    if your on an ordinary network with no static ip 1t will 192.168.1.? if you go on you network settings its will show your ip

this is a private ip and will only be available from a device connected to the same network , mainly used for ftp purposes , but is possible to stream to another device some sd channels

to access it from an outside network you need a static ip which may not be available to your set up

Just took it into my uncles next door (he's looking for one anyway) and it won't connect to his either, it has a primary ip and one under nameserver 1, but won't connect, I'm now frightened I've altered settings that I shouldn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it will only connect if the both and device are connected to same router unless u have a static ip set up

check you have your samba server plugin turned on

There is no device as yet Nowso, the box won't connect to the router even though it's wired directly

There is no device as yet Nowso, the box won't connect to the router even though it's wired directly

can you log into the router to see if you can see your box's mac address?

on your box, have you DHCP enabled?

• Advertisement

Slevster wrote: »
    can you log into the router to see if you can see your box's mac address?

on your box, have you DHCP enabled?

I could see a primary ip, I should set interface & dhcp to yes?
    Having another bash tomo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement