Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Slevster wrote: »
    What happens when you press the "exit" button on the remote when in the guide?
    nothing just a red triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

nothing just a red triangle

Oh. And your exit button is functioning correctly within other plugins? Eg timer (or within the guide itself, if for example , you press the "info" button to view more details of a programme, then press exit to return to main guide view)

Oh. And your exit button is functioning correctly within other plugins? Eg timer (or within the guide itself, if for example , you press the "info" button to view more details of a programme, then press exit to return to main guide view)
    yes it works for everthing else perfectly except the guide

yes it works for everthing else perfectly except the guide

Odd .

After that, just change the red button (short press) to zap and exit.

However , you could solve by editing the keymap.xml, and set the exit button to "exit" within the guide section (I think there is an EPG section to the keymap from memory, but would have to check to confirm.)

Odd .

After that, just change the red button (short press) to zap and exit.

However , you could solve by editing the keymap.xml, and set the exit button to "exit" within the guide section (I think there is an EPG section to the keymap from memory, but would have to check to confirm.)
    yes please as i would like to have it fully wife proof lol thanks and hope its easy to do

• Advertisement

actuall when i press info in the guide now and press exit the triangle shows so cant exit at all

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Technofobe wrote: »
    Yes if you connect the box to the broadband router and have a pc also connected to the same router you can use dreamboxedit

I couldn't have put it better myself!:D

actuall when i press info in the guide now and press exit the triangle shows so cant exit at all

Would suggest removing the plugin and re installing again in that case

Would suggest removing the plugin and re installing again in that case
    which plugin

• Registered Users Posts: 13 stevie09

Hi Gents, I have a question, how can I load a local ipk using fresh pots image, I cant find the menu item.

thanks

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

stevie09 wrote: »
    Hi Gents, I have a question, how can I load a local ipk using fresh pots image, I cant find the menu item.

thanks

Steve

Use dream explorer, its already installed in plugins.

which plugin

Have you the cooltvguide plugin installed (assuming that is the guide you are talking about.
    Go to plugins in the main menu and you should see it there (may be in there as cool TV guide set up)

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Use dream explorer, its already installed in plugins.

Thank you, your a god among men lol

Thanks for the great image too.

Have you the cooltvguide plugin installed (assuming that is the guide you are talking about.
    Go to plugins in the main menu and you should see it there (may be in there as cool TV guide set up)
    ya latest version i have.u reckon it will work

now ive no guide.what should i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

no1mikacar wrote: »
    Hello, New to this..
    Bought a new Amiko Alien 2+with Enigma pre loaded to replace my sky box,

Cant seem to sort out my channels, Did an auto scan & found all the channels as they were on my sky box but for example when i press channel one it selects rte 1 on 101 but nothing happens? i can view Soarview channels by pressing the sat button & selecting Terrestrial Providers & choosing the channel from there but its up around 2900
    Just want a simple set up with only free working channels 1-30 or 1-40 something like that but not 3000 channels but most not working...
    Im new to this so terms etc will be new to me...

Any help would be great,

Thanks

John
    Did you get sorted with dreamboxedit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 no1mikacar

Ill try it during the week, put all the cables away as she who must be obeyed wants to head out, will try get at it during the week again, had to run a phone extension lead through house to get router beside box,
    When they are both connected through cables to the router do i need to change settings to get them both to be on same ip address or will it auto detect? excuse the stupid questions but im not well up on this stuff?
    Thanks for the help
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Why are you doing that @no1? all you needed to do was connect the PC / Laptop directly to the box. i never mentioned router anywhere. just manually assign each device with the same ip's that each currently uses.

Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just wanted to say that I finally have my SAB Titan 3 box set up the way I like it. Thanks to Fresh Pots for the brilliant Hyperion image, and thanks to the regulars on this thread for tips and advice.

I have picons of all the channels I am using, but about 10 of the picons aren't showing up in the channel list, I wonder why?:confused:

• Advertisement

wonder if those guys will make a hyperion 4.5 image for the 8900.heres hoping as i love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

cyndale wrote: »
    I have picons of all the channels I am using, but about 10 of the picons aren't showing up in the channel list, I wonder why?:confused:
    If you use dreamboxedit I think you can assign a picon to a service by right click on the channel in question

now ive no guide.what should i do

Sorry about leaving you hanging....

You can install cool TV guide plugin from the download within the plugin section. And try from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

there is no option to exit button on cool tv guide.anyone know how to do this

I ran champs ARP for ages and as far as I remember when cool tvguide updated to the current version it lost the ability to "exit". Only way for me was holding down red button to exit, sucks but other than that the image was pretty wife friendly and worth sticking with if ye don't fancy trying H4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I had a similar issue recently, the problem was that the service reference for the channel and the picon corresponding to that channel were slightly different. I renamed the picon file to be the same as the service reference for that channel and it worked after that.

I had a similar issue recently, the problem was that the service reference for the channel and the picon corresponding to that channel were slightly different. I renamed the picon file to be the same as the service reference for that channel and it worked after that.

Where do I look for the service reference for the channel?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Where do I look for the service reference for the channel?:eek:

Easiest way is to find the channel in dreamboxedit and right click on it. There you can copy the service reference.

how.gareth wrote: »
    I ran champs ARP for ages and as far as I remember when cool tvguide updated to the current version it lost the ability to "exit". Only way for me was holding down red button to exit, sucks but other than that the image was pretty wife friendly and worth sticking with if ye don't fancy trying H4.5
    ya i know and u cant go back to previous version as i tried.have to live with it i suppose

Hi gents, using Fresh pots image and its great, but I cannot get on the emu webif, I am using "hxxp://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8888" but I get access forbidden.

Any ideas?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

hallo dare wrote: »
    @imstuck

Let's start from the beginning.

Can you test something else on that ethernet cable or swap it for another?

If all's good then follow on.

Below IP's are for example purpose.

1. You have your box connected to your router via ethernet.
    2. On your STB go to network settings for your box.
    3. For the moment disable DHCP so we can enter our own details.
    4. Let's say your routers address is 192.168.0.1
    5. So lets say we give you box an IP of 192.168.0.140.
    6. Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0.
    7. Gateway should be the IP of your router, in our example case it's 192.168.0.1
    8. Edit your DNS for Nameserver 1, 8.8.8.8.
    9. Edit your DNS for Nameserver 2, 8.8.4.4.
    10. Click save and give it a few seconds for network activation.

After you've done all that, give it a test.

Tried all that and no joy.
    Took it home and wouldn't connect to my own network as primary box.
    Did a factory reset and then did connect to my own network.
    Took it to my uncles and wouldn't connect, did a factory reset & still wouldn't connect!!
    I'm flabbergasted!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement