Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Imstuck wrote: »
    Tried all that and no joy.
    Took it home and wouldn't connect to my own network as primary box.
    Did a factory reset and then did connect to my own network.
    Took it to my uncles and wouldn't connect, did a factory reset & still wouldn't connect!!
    I'm flabbergasted!!
    u want to sell lol

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

ya i know and u cant go back to previous version as i tried.have to live with it i suppose

here is cool tv 7.

the lastest is 7.3 (i think)

give it a try

Slevster wrote: »
    here is cool tv 7.

the lastest is 7.3 (i think)

give it a try
    where about do i put this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

wonder if those guys will make a hyperion 4.5 image for the 8900.heres hoping as i love it

What guys ?

There is a Hyperion 4.5 image for the 8900

Zardoz wrote: »
    What guys ?

really u got a link

• Advertisement

Unzip
    Which will give you a folder, inside it, you will find a usr folder. Ftp it across.

Unzip
    Which will give you a folder, inside it, you will find a usr folder. Ftp it across.
    sorry ftp to where

What guys ?

cant find a line anywhere for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If you flick back to this thread a few days ago I think it was freshpots that gave a link to it

sorry ftp to where

Ftp it too the root of your box

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ftp it too the root of your box
    ok sorry but where is root..im looking thru dreambox control center now

ok sorry but where is root..im looking thru dreambox control center now

Root means just into the file system of the box not in any folder

i just put it into the root folder is that correct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Tried all that and no joy.
    Took it home and wouldn't connect to my own network as primary box.
    Did a factory reset and then did connect to my own network.
    Took it to my uncles and wouldn't connect, did a factory reset & still wouldn't connect!!
    I'm flabbergasted!!

Right, What is the Box's IP Address and Subnet Mask ?

What is your PC / Laptop IP Address and Mask ?

The gateway does not matter at this stage if you just connect the PC straight to the Box. Just make sure that you do NOT set both IP's the same !!! If you connect everything to your router (wired or wirelessly), if you use static IP's, make sure you don't use IP's in use already by something else.
    really u got a link

I think you're correct. There is No Hyperion for the ST7102 based boxes from what I can see.

For whatever version of CoolTVGuide you have, go into Plugins > CoolTVGuide > Press MENU and then one of the Colour buttons will bring you into a list where you can assign Functions to Keys. So you could assign Zap + Exit to BOTH the Red Short and Long push keys.

Thankfully, OpenATV has it's own Graphical EPG and so CoolTVGuide is no longer needed in it.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

sorry ftp to where

Sorry out and about.
    Are you familiar with filezilla?
    If so, use it to get in to your box.
    You should be able to see all files on your box ( you will see "/root" initially I think, and if you click on it, you will see all the file folders such as, etc, usr, var , hdd folders)

With the zip file, you downloaded, unzip to somewhere you can find on your PC. In it, there is a folder called "usr"

Now , in filezilla, on the PC side, navigate to where you have the unzipped file. Get to the "usr" folder.

So, at this point you should have a list of all file folders including one called "usr" and on the box side, and be down to the "usr" folder of the unzipped file on the pc side
    Now drag the usr folder of the pc side over to the root of the box side. Dont worry, this won't delete everything on the box side.(All you want to do is copy the contains of the usr file over. You can always expand the folder on the PC side and drop its contains into the corresponding folder on the box side, which is what I prefer to do)

Sorry if this seems complicated. It isn't really. Don't be afraid of it. (Having said that, its always a good idea to take a back up , just in case)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Any suggestions on best way to send the picture & sound from the AA2+ to another room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    into the root of your box (not the folder called root) Its the folder all the other folders are in, looks like this /

cQHiY4kl.png

Drag and drop the usr file directly onto the / highlighted in blue in the picture.

the post that fresh potts made

jspuds wrote: »
    Any suggestions on best way to send the picture & sound from the AA2+ to another room?
    Raspberry pi or Cubieboard or I think a tri link box will work also but is there some question about using scart and HDMI at same time for trilink
    Maybe someone using one will comment

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057182938

Technofobe wrote: »
    the post that fresh potts made
    how do i connect this filezilla thing to my box

how do i connect this filezilla thing to my box
    Filezilla is software
    install it on your pc and put in the IP of your box where it says host
    Enter username and password for the image your using

• Advertisement

Technofobe wrote: »
    Filezilla is software
    install it on your pc and put in the IP of your box where it says host
    Enter username and password for the image your using
    ok got it now lets try get this to root

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

championc wrote: »

The gateway does not matter at this stage if you just connect the PC straight to the Box. Just make sure that you do NOT set both IP's the same !!! If you connect everything to your router (wired or wirelessly), if you use static IP's, make sure you don't use IP's in use already by something else.

When I've plugged everything in the box, on adapter settings page I have 192.168.1.1 under primary DNS. Nothing in secondary.
    I haven't got as far as trying to hook up my PC to box as I can't connect the box.
    Before I go onto adapter settings on 'network' page the 'link' box at the bottom is empty & has no green tick as my own had before connection (if this helps)
    Thanks for your reply!!

Sorry out and about.
    Are you familiar with filezilla?
    If so, use it to get in to your box.
    You should be able to see all files on your box ( you will see "/root" initially I think, and if you click on it, you will see all the file folders such as, etc, usr, var , hdd folders)

With the zip file, you downloaded, unzip to somewhere you can find on your PC. In it, there is a folder called "usr"

Now , in filezilla, on the PC side, navigate to where you have the unzipped file. Get to the "usr" folder.

So, at this point you should have a list of all file folders including one called "usr" and on the box side, and be down to the "usr" folder of the unzipped file on the pc side
    Now drag the usr folder of the pc side over to the root of the box side. Dont worry, this won't delete everything on the box side.(All you want to do is copy the contains of the usr file over. You can always expand the folder on the PC side and drop its contains into the corresponding folder on the box side, which is what I prefer to do)

Sorry if this seems complicated. It isn't really. Don't be afraid of it. (Having said that, its always a good idea to take a back up , just in case)
    tried this and still same.what is supposed to happen when its transfered over

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

championc wrote: »

When I've plugged everything in the box, on adapter settings page I have 192.168.1.1 under primary DNS. Nothing in secondary.
    I haven't got as far as trying to hook up my PC to box as I can't connect the box.
    Before I go onto adapter settings on 'network' page the 'link' box at the bottom is empty & has no green tick as my own had before connection (if this helps)
    Thanks for your reply!!

Just tried it again at home and connects straight away!
    Although the ip at home is coming up as 192.168.1.1
    This is the same 'primary ip' that was showing at my uncles place,
    Net mask is 255.255.255.0

tried this and still same.what is supposed to happen when its transfered over

Reboot the box. You should now have cool TV guide installed.
    Check in the main menu- plugins and see if there is a cool TV guide plugin there (maybe there as set up)

Reboot the box. You should now have cool TV guide installed.
    Check in the main menu- plugins and see if there is a cool TV guide plugin there (maybe there as set up)
    did that but nothing showed up so gave up.thanks for ur help but have to live with it now

did that but nothing showed up so gave up.thanks for ur help but have to live with it now

Using your filezilla (or if you have an android phone/tablet, you can use es explorer, which is very handy) look into the following path:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

In there , you will see file folders for your plugins. See if there is one for cooltvguide. And if so, look at the date/time it was created (should have been today)

If there isn't one there, then it hasn't been installed to the correct location

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ybgysz

hope its stable lol...thanks again

• Advertisement

hope its stable lol...thanks again

Thats just the basic stock Hyperion 4.5 image btw ,its not a backup so it will need configuring .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement