Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats just the basic stock Hyperion 4.5 image btw ,its not a backup so it will need configuring .
    ya for the life of me it wont let me install autobouquets ipk

• Registered Users Posts: 7 no1mikacar

championc wrote: »
    Why are you doing that @no1? all you needed to do was connect the PC / Laptop directly to the box. i never mentioned router anywhere. just manually assign each device with the same ip's that each currently uses.

Simples

Championc,

Can i just check for when i try this?

To connect the Box to a laptop - am i to use a ethernet Cable or a Pc Screen Cable

Then whats my next step?

Any chance of step by step because im new to this...

Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

ya for the life of me it wont let me install autobouquets ipk

FTP the IPK file to /TMP foilder on your box.

Telnet to your box

At the # prompt, type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxyyyyyzzzzz.ipk

no1mikacar wrote: »
    Championc,

Can i just check for when i try this?

To connect the Box to a laptop - am i to use a ethernet Cable or a Pc Screen Cable

Then whats my next step?

Any chance of step by step because im new to this...

Thanks

John

Set your Box IP Address as 192.168.1.5 mask 255.255.255.0

Set your Laptop IP Address as 192.168.1.6 mask 255.255.255.0

Connect Ethernet to Ethernet

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Am using freshpots image and every so often the timer on the lcd would change randomly. Worried this is messing up my recordings. It appears the timer on the lcd display has the wrong time but the actual screen on the tv shows the right time weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Am using freshpots image and every so often the timer on the lcd would change randomly. Worried this is messing up my recordings. It appears the timer on the lcd display has the wrong time but the actual screen on the tv shows the right time weird

They are all the same mine is right time now but if I plug out the box or turn power off at the back of the box it starts off from 00 again i think it picks up the correct time when you restart enigma or something. Maybe freshpots has a fix for it but it don't mess with recordings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

I'm still using Champs OpenATV image. I tried the Hyperion but it gave me more trouble that the OpenATV! All sorts of buttons would crash the GUI. Not sure what I was doing wrong! Anyway, I am sort of OK with the OpenATV except the CrossEPG wasn't loading. By chance I had looked at a few stats before loading the EPG data. After loading I saw my free RAM was down to around 1%. Now the box freezes and crashes for no apparent reason. I am assuming it runs out of space. Is there any low hanging fruit I can delete that would free this up if indeed it is the problem? The info page also says the swap is 30 and there is 27 free (MB) - I cannot seem to find where the swap is dimensioned or enabled. Would this make any difference?

Many thanks for all the efforts and info!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

soram wrote: »
    I'm still using Champs OpenATV image. I tried the Hyperion but it gave me more trouble that the OpenATV! All sorts of buttons would crash the GUI. Not sure what I was doing wrong! Anyway, I am sort of OK with the OpenATV except the CrossEPG wasn't loading. By chance I had looked at a few stats before loading the EPG data. After loading I saw my free RAM was down to around 1%. Now the box freezes and crashes for no apparent reason. I am assuming it runs out of space. Is there any low hanging fruit I can delete that would free this up if indeed it is the problem? The info page also says the swap is 30 and there is 27 free (MB) - I cannot seem to find where the swap is dimensioned or enabled. Would this make any difference?

Many thanks for all the efforts and info!

have you a hdd connected and mounted? and crossepg saving to the hdd ?
    if not, that may well be the issue

There is a fix-

a wee bit of black tape over that part of the display. Works for all sorts of problems eg, LED too bright -black tape; No hdd symbol on the display-black tape.

Slevster wrote: »
    have you a hdd connected and mounted? and crossepg saving to the hdd ?
    if not, that may well be the issue

It is set to the HDD yes and appears to store there. I have over 34MB free in Flash and i thought if it doesn't store to the HDD it goes there. But it seem to grab extra RAM :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thebland

im having an issue with my saorview channels, i have amiko alien 2 with enigma 2 running openatv 4.2.
    how it started....i got a new tv so i shut down the box,unplugged the aerial and 1 satellite feed from AA2 and put them into new tv,just out of interest to see how the guide looked etc, everything worked fine, including saorview channels. i put the cables back into AA2, started it up and all the saorview channels were grey, none of them worked. satellite channels were working as normal. i rescanned terrestrial channels and only received rte1 and possibly +1 or news now. all other channels showed N/A.
    i left it for a day and rescanned terrestrial again, all channels are back, but they are in grey, so i cant watch them...
    if i put the aerial back into tv all the saorview channels are there, working perfectly.
    any help or nudge in the right direction is greatly appreciated,
    david

• Advertisement

It is set to the HDD yes and appears to store there. I have over 34MB free in Flash and i thought if it doesn't store to the HDD it goes there. But it seem to grab extra RAM :(

don't worry too much about the % of free ram . it's not uncommon for it to be running with only 1-3% free. Its a question asked regularly

thebland wrote: »
    im having an issue with my saorview channels, i have amiko alien 2 with enigma 2 running openatv 4.2.
    how it started....i got a new tv so i shut down the box,unplugged the aerial and 1 satellite feed from AA2 and put them into new tv,just out of interest to see how the guide looked etc, everything worked fine, including saorview channels. i put the cables back into AA2, started it up and all the saorview channels were grey, none of them worked. satellite channels were working as normal. i rescanned terrestrial channels and only received rte1 and possibly +1 or news now. all other channels showed N/A.
    i left it for a day and rescanned terrestrial again, all channels are back, but they are in grey, so i cant watch them...
    if i put the aerial back into tv all the saorview channels are there, working perfectly.
    any help or nudge in the right direction is greatly appreciated,
    david

find the freq for your area (championc posted a handy list of the transmitters a week or two back in this thread. do a search under his username. or when you have the aerial plugged into your tv, look for the details on some of your tuned in channels check RTE 1 hd and TV3, as they should be on the 2 different MUX's)
    Then do a manual scan for the mux 1 and mux 2 , clearing first.

It does sound like a hdd issue. (you could check its ability in spark ). is it formatted in ext3?have you another flash drive or hdd you could try, just to eliminate it as the source of your problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It does sound like a hdd issue. (you could check its ability in spark ). is it formatted in ext3?have you another flash drive or hdd you could try, just to eliminate it as the source of your problem

I have tried countless open atv backups and start from fresh builds and everyone of them I've had problems with the epg downloader freezing the box or the box just been slow and slugish but on freshpots backup of hyp 4.5 I've never had an issue with epg or any crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thebland

find the freq for your area (championc posted a handy list of the transmitters a week or two back in this thread. do a search under his username. or when you have the aerial plugged into your tv, look for the details on some of your tuned in channels check RTE 1 hd and TV3, as they should be on the 2 different MUX's)
    Then do a manual scan for the mux 1 and mux 2 , clearing first.

Thank you slevster, I now have saorview channels back.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

I am using CampionC's latest image. I tried it before but found it a bit falkey but that may have been because I was messing around with it.

It is up and running now and looks really good but one thing is driving me mad. There is no page down on the epg. Usually I can go to the next screen of channels by pressing program down.

Any suggestions on how to configure?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

I have a SAB Unit Triple Tuner running Enigma2.

When I exit from playing recorded media back to the live feed from the satellite the screen is just black until I restart the box. No FTA channels are showing pictures or sound.

Terrestrial channels are displaying ok.

Is there something I need to configure to stop this happening?

Thanks...

thegreek wrote: »
    I am using CampionC's latest image. I tried it before but found it a bit falkey but that may have been because I was messing around with it.

It is up and running now and looks really good but one thing is driving me mad. There is no page down on the epg. Usually I can go to the next screen of channels by pressing program down.

Any suggestions on how to configure?

Others may correct me on these, (not entirely sure if these work in opentv):

Press the play button (to bring up list of bouquets)
    Or press menu when in the guide to change the behaviour/actions of the coloured buttons , and set to cycle through bouquets

I have a SAB Unit Triple Tuner running Enigma2.

When I exit from playing recorded media back to the live feed from the satellite the screen is just black until I restart the box. No FTA channels are showing pictures or sound.

Terrestrial channels are displaying ok.

Is there something I need to configure to stop this happening?

Thanks...

What image?

Some folks reported similar issues with opentv . look back through this thread for more

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

Others may correct me on these, (not entirely sure if these work in opentv):

Press the play button (to bring up list of bouquets)
    Or press menu when in the guide to change the behaviour/actions of the coloured buttons , and set to cycle through bouquets

Yep tried that but this image doesnt use Coolguide and the option to change the behaviour seems a bit limited.

• Advertisement

What image?

Some folks reported similar issues with opentv . look back through this thread for more

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
    Distro: openatv
    Firmware version: 4.2.1
    Driver date: 20140815
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0216
    Gui version: 2014-08-16

I'll have a search again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭firemansam1

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here that is fairly savy with these boxes could give me a few pointers for setting one up. Answer a few questions or something like that by PM or email etc.

I want a fairly simple setup.

Just want:

All FTA channels from 28.2 and the Irish DTT channels all in one place that are easily accessible.

Be able to record, series link etc.

Use the integrated 7day EPG on satellite/DTT.

I have a 320GB hard drive connected to the box formatted to EXT3 and have all the channels tuned in. Just need to sort them and get the guide up and running properly.

The box is also networked.

Thanks. A few pointers is all I'm after, I won't bore anyone to death with a million ongoing questions.

don't worry too much about the % of free ram . it's not uncommon for it to be running with only 1-3% free. Its a question asked regularly

OK thanks for that. Is there then something else that might be causing the laggyness and crashes that I'm now experiencing do you think?

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
    Distro: openatv
    Firmware version: 4.2.1
    Driver date: 20140815
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0216
    Gui version: 2014-08-16

I'll have a search again. Thanks

I posted this a couple of weeks back but unfortunately it went nowhere - we even posted on the OpenATV forum but got no answers.

I had one thought that maybe the timer is finding the channel on the SAT tuner aswell as the terrestrial tuner and initiating a record there too. I was going to delete all the double instances from my bouquets but haven't got there yet!
    If you get a solution please post!

I posted this a couple of weeks back but unfortunately it went nowhere - we even posted on the OpenATV forum but got no answers.

I had one thought that maybe the timer is finding the channel on the SAT tuner aswell as the terrestrial tuner and initiating a record there too. I was going to delete all the double instances from my bouquets but haven't got there yet!
    If you get a solution please post!

It's a pain. The difference with mine is that there is nothing else recording at the time. Everything is just playing off the hard drive.

I have noticed it happens after I watch a few programs after one another. I will stop between them later and just clarify that.

It's a pain. The difference with mine is that there is nothing else recording at the time. Everything is just playing off the hard drive.

I have noticed it happens after I watch a few programs after one another. I will stop between them later and just clarify that.

If you restart the GUI using the red button when in this condition does it flag a timer as being imminent?

If you restart the GUI using the red button when in this condition does it flag a timer as being imminent?

No the next timer would be the next day.

No the next timer would be the next day.

It may be but in our case there is no timer actually present but the restsart says there is!

It may be but in our case there is no timer actually present but the restsart says there is!

I just hold down the standby button on the remote and restart the box from there. I will try the restart GUI tonight and see what comes up.

• Advertisement

I just hold down the standby button on the remote and restart the box from there. I will try the restart GUI tonight and see what comes up.

Nope - if you do the box it would report the same as just doing the GUI so I don't think it's the same :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement