Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Does anyone get picture break up when playing movies from hdd or is it a hdd problem

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Could someone tell me please how to delete characters when editing timer titles or timer descriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Griffinx wrote: »
    Could someone tell me please how to delete characters when editing timer titles or timer descriptions

The rewind (" <<") button

When I try to watch a program that's currently recording, theres quite a bit of freezing. Is the box able to handle this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

When I try to watch a program that's currently recording, theres quite a bit of freezing. Is the box able to handle this?

It should be able. Are you recording to an external harddrive? Is it mounted properly?

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    It should be able. Are you recording to an external harddrive? Is it mounted properly?

Its an external 60GB USB flash drived formatted to EXT3.

How would I know if its mounted properly? Doesnt Hyperion 4.5 auto mount?

Could someone tell me why this message sometimes appears when I'm flicking through channels.

[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=19B1BEA4E59B4773!300322&authkey=!APlupZm6kpl_bbI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Could someone tell me why this message sometimes appears when I'm flicking through channels.

[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=19B1BEA4E59B4773!300322&authkey=!APlupZm6kpl_bbI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

It's a channel you don't have access to usually, like a subscription channel I think

how.gareth wrote: »
    It's a channel you don't have access to usually, like a subscription channel I think

I usually find that it appears on channels that do not broadcast all the time, (24hr) . eg CBBC . the message appears when outside their broadcast hours (however they may be showing a stream from another channel. (You can clear the message by pressing "exit")
    Others may fill you in on the technical reason for the pat message

Its an external 60GB USB flash drived formatted to EXT3.

How would I know if its mounted properly? Doesnt Hyperion 4.5 auto mount?[/QUOTE

Boot into spark, and use the utility there, to test the effectiveness of your flash drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

You can remove this error message from appearing if you go :

Menu - Setup - System - User Interface - Hide Zap errors = yes

Depending on your image, the menu names may be a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I'm running freshpots fantastic hyperion 4.5 image one small quirk in that it has "start" on the box display after it being left overnight have to then go into the menu to select my " favourites" to get going how would I go about fixing this

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 balaton

Suitable for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is comes with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets 20131020 (updated to remove non fta HD channels,updates daily at 4am)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1 (updates in standby)
    CoolTVGuide v7.3
    Enhanced Movie Center (turned off atm, looks better with Pli-mod skin)
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9991 (with blank sample reader)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Full set of Saorview and uk tv picons (xpicons)
    RTE Player
    Samba Server

Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel

Other mods/skins included are:

Sly Bootlogo by abell431 of openpli.org
    Sly skin by abell,digidude and pauldb of sattvhelp
    Mui4tler's audio fix to help with audio dropouts
    Data Devils Additional Keymapper

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"

DreamBoxEdit paths - /etc/enigma2/

How to use picons
    Transfer the picon folder from the download over to your external harddrive (/hdd)
    Then go to the pkt bluepanel and find skin setup. In there change picons location from Enigma to HDD. All picons should display then.

If your saorview picons are still not working you will need to rename each of your saorview picons to the correct service reference. These can be found by loading up your channel list in dreamboxedit and hovering over the chosen channel.

Download link........]

Hi all
    This backup it's good enough for golden media triplex?

Thanks

balaton wrote: »
    Hi all
    This backup it's good enough for golden media triplex?

Thanks

That's what I made it on!

This backup:
    Hyperion v4.5 Complete Backup Image

This backup:
    Hyperion v4.5 Complete Backup Image

Yep

Yep

Yes?

kindly can you tell me how to flash?
    Installation instructions
    I'm new and do not understand much :)
    Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Yes?

kindly can you tell me how to flash?
    Installation instructions
    I'm new and do not understand much :)
    Thanks very much

check the first few posts in this thread - Chanpionc has given instructions there

Thanks I read it
    I have a question
    In first few posts in this thread the first point is:
    1- Download the E2 Plugins
    I would like to know if E2 Plugins is installed inside backup(Hyperion v4.5 Complete Backup Image) image or not?
    I do all the points of the procedure 1->7 ?

thanks a lot

Thanks I read it
    I have a question
    In first few posts in this thread the first point is:
    1- Download the E2 Plugins
    I would like to know if E2 Plugins is installed inside backup(Hyperion v4.5 Complete Backup Image) image or not?
    I do all the points of the procedure 1->7 ?

thanks a lot

the e2 plugin is in spark, you need to boot into spark and go to plugins. There you'll find the e2upgrade plugin. There you'll flash the enigma2 image. when finished reboot back into enigma2. Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

I'm running Fresh Pots latest image but an unable to watch a second satellite channel while recording one. I thought I'd sorted it a couple of weeks back by rescanning but it's still occurring. Both tuners show 80% signal strength so I'm getting signal when I switch to the second station it I get a black screen with the flashing R in the infobar. Any ideas whats wrong?

tnegun wrote: »
    I'm running Fresh Pots latest image but an unable to watch a second satellite channel while recording one. I thought I'd sorted it a couple of weeks back by rescanning but it's still occurring. Both tuners show 80% signal strength so I'm getting signal when I switch to the second station it I get a black screen with the flashing R in the infobar. Any ideas whats wrong?
    Do you stream to a laptop or tablet?

No I gave up on it as I had the same issue on the Pi only a black screen

No I gave up on it as I had the same issue on the Pi only a black screen

When recording do all the other channels go black? Do the sat fta/ saorview ones still work?

When recording do all the other channels go black? Do the sat fta/ saorview ones still work?

No they work so not a tuner problem then?

@ Slevster thanks it's enabled but I think I know where to start looking now

No they work so not a tuner problem then?

@ Slevster thanks it's enabled but I think I know where to start looking now

theres the problem.should be disabled!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I'm running freshpots fantastic hyperion 4.5 image one small quirk in that it has "start" on the box display after it being left overnight have to then go into the menu to select my " favourites" to get going how would I go about fixing this

Thanks
    Think you need to set any channel as a start up channel to solve that

ok with that disabled I need to use a different plugin and it works I can use both tuners but this one freezes a couple of times an hour I'll continue my googling thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Just wanted to say that I am now using FreshPots image, which would be the 3rd enigma 2 image that I have tried and it is excellent, good work!

• Advertisement

the e2 plugin is in spark, you need to boot into spark and go to plugins. There you'll find the e2upgrade plugin. There you'll flash the enigma2 image. when finished reboot back into enigma2. Job done.

With this backup image also works the inside tuner DVB-T?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement