Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

balaton wrote: »
    With this backup image also works the inside tuner DVB-T?

Yeah you can pick up saorview in irl/ or freeview in uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Good morning guys just wondering how does Ts media player work for all of you? It's extremely slow and buggy for me I'm using freshpots 4.5 backup now its not a big deal as I also use a minx neo 8 android box and installed xbmc on that but just curious is it me or is everyone's the same it was the same when using any of the open atv images beforehand also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Good morning guys just wondering how does Ts media player work for all of you? It's extremely slow and buggy for me I'm using freshpots 4.5 backup now its not a big deal as I also use a minx neo 8 android box and installed xbmc on that but just curious is it me or is everyone's the same it was the same when using any of the open atv images beforehand also

TS Media can be very hit and miss for me and a lot of the time when accessing some of the aps the screen freezes and I have to reboot. I tend to only use the movies and tv section now and that is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

gazzer wrote: »
    TS Media can be very hit and miss for me and a lot of the time when accessing some of the aps the screen freezes and I have to reboot. I tend to only use the movies and tv section now and that is fine.

Yhh pretty similar experience here too. As I say it don't bother me much as I have the android box but was just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 16 feeler

question for FreshPots, should i be able to rewind live tv on this image. it will pause live tv but not rewind. i can't see any options for timeshift in the menu.

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

how.gareth wrote: »
    Think you need to set any channel as a start up channel to solve that

Thanks didn't think of that one, will try later on today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

feeler wrote: »
    question for FreshPots, should i be able to rewind live tv on this image. it will pause live tv but not rewind. i can't see any options for timeshift in the menu.

thanks.

Yeah if you press pause and then left it should rewind 2x,press it again 4x etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

i still cant manage to get streaming working on my laptop, the box seems to be able to find the laptop but i cant see the box on my network on my laptop, can someone please put up the exact settings i should have on samba and do i need to have a mount set up aswell? its the only issue im having on H4.5 but is becoming a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Have you tried just accessing it from the laptop's web browser? Simply enter it's network address to access Open Webif and go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

about to set up a box for a mate, (been a while). what is the most recommended image at the moment?

• Advertisement

Have you tried just accessing it from the laptop's web browser? Simply enter it's network address to access Open Webif and go from there

I can connect via webif no problem but it only gives me epg and stuff, no streaming option, am I missing something obvious?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    about to set up a box for a mate, (been a while). what is the most recommended image at the moment?

Fresh Pots H4.5 seems to be the favourite at the mo and is set up nicely

lol

also where is the start from scratch guide:D

lol

also where is the start from scratch guide:D

at the start of the thread :D

how.gareth wrote: »
    I can connect via webif no problem but it only gives me epg and stuff, no streaming option, am I missing something obvious?

In the EPG screen clicking the small TV icon on the right hand side streams that channel, the other icon beside it opens a detailed EPG for that channel with the option to set a timer.
    Clicking the channel name makes the box zap to that channel.
    Further down on LHS is an option to select and stream any recorded movies.

In the EPG screen clicking the small TV icon on the right hand side streams that channel, the other icon beside it opens a detailed EPG for that channel with the option to set a timer.
    Clicking the channel name makes the box zap to that channel.
    Further down on LHS is an option to select and stream any recorded movies.

Cheers Gerry but when I click on the TV icon it doesn't stream the channel, epg works perfect on it though so does that mean I have a problem with samba server?

Sounds more like your laptop hasn't got a suitable player or at least the correct file association. Clicking that icon sends an m3u (playlist) file to your laptop. The browser should either open the correct player (eg media player, vlc or whatever) or ask you what to do with "stream.m3u"

EDIT: I use Firefox and Media Player Classic. I don't know how other software combos perform but Windows media player is pants for this

can not find kernal file, uograde failed- what have i done wrong?

got it! i wonder about myself sometimes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

feeler wrote: »

thanks.

This will work also. I mapped the fast forward and rewind functions to the actual fast forward and rewind keys ( along with the shortcut to timer)
    (Once FTPed over, rename as keymap.xml)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/88653043

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Having some cross epg issues. Seems to download and populate perfectly fine for saorview and most FTA channels but others only have now and next.

I am currently using Rytec UK XMLTV as a source. I would prefer to use the Sky UK Open tv provider but the Open TV providers section is completely blank when I open it. Any way to add Open tv sources?

• Advertisement

anyone have this box setup with a motorised dish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stevenpc

anyone have this box setup with a motorised dish?

yes

stevenpc wrote: »
    yes

Is it possible to use motor without usals.
    Also where do I get a channel list.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Hi lads,

can someone tell me the naming convention for picons? In other words, how do i get a channel pointed to a new picon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

mrbloop wrote: »
    Hi lads,

can someone tell me the naming convention for picons? In other words, how do i get a channel pointed to a new picon?
    I think if you use dreamboxedit and rightclick on the service there is an option to change the picon just point it to the new picon and should work
    or at the very least it will show you the naming of same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stevenpc

Is it possible to use motor without usals.
    Also where do I get a channel list.

i use usals never tried setting up just using dis 1.2 if your dish is aligned correctly usals is no problem.
    regarding chan list most of the time a chan list is already in the image thats if using a backup.
    when i used to use dis 1.2 and not usals on other boxes there is been the option to drive/nudge the dish east/west just select a strong transponder and nudge till you get a signal.I used to start with astra 28.2 then when thats locked in i would nudge to 19.2 then from there to hotbird as they are the sats i use.
    if the image you are starting with already has astra 28.2 installed just start with that.
    If starting from scratch with no chan list you can go here (satellites-xml.eu/ i cant post links)
    and select the sats that you want then install the saved xml to the image.
    hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Technofobe wrote: »
    I think if you use dreamboxedit and rightclick on the service there is an option to change the picon just point it to the new picon and should work
    or at the very least it will show you the naming of same

Thanks Technofobe, I've tried that but I can't seem to find anything on dreamboxedit that refers to picons. I've tried to observe a pattern with channel info and picons that I already have and I can't see anything. Probably something under my nose that I am missing.

mrbloop wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Right clicking the channel in dreamboxedit will show you the channels ID. Your box will probably have a TP info menu to show the same ID.
    For example:- RTÉ1 is "1_0_1_2581_7FB_2_11A0000_0_0_0 .png"
    BBC 2 HD is "1_0_19_1B1C_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png"
    EDIT:-
    In Enigma go MENU>INFO>SERVICE INFO
    replace colons : with underscore _

Sounds more like your laptop hasn't got a suitable player or at least the correct file association. Clicking that icon sends an m3u (playlist) file to your laptop. The browser should either open the correct player (eg media player, vlc or whatever) or ask you what to do with "stream.m3u"

EDIT: I use Firefox and Media Player Classic. I don't know how other software combos perform but Windows media player is pants for this

yep you were bang on, it had no association set up for that file so used vlc and all is good, thanks a lot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

I'm using Freshpots Hyp 4.5 When its been left in standby for a few hours and I go to switch it on it comes on with a blank screen. The menu works ok but no picture. I have to switch it off and on again to fix it. Anyone else having this problem?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement