Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Cancelling UPC and thinking of getting one of these. Just wondering If I bought one and left spark on it or whichever version of Enigma the seller loads to it, would it be wife friendly? I don't mind playing around with them myself to customise them etc but I need to know it will work without hassle when she goes to use it. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

superg wrote: »
    Cancelling UPC and thinking of getting one of these. Just wondering If I bought one and left spark on it or whichever version of Enigma the seller loads to it, would it be wife friendly? I don't mind playing around with them myself to customise them etc but I need to know it will work without hassle when she goes to use it. Thanks in advance.

Spark is very user friendly but it lacks some features that you might miss. Series link, tsmedia,rte player etc. All depends on what image is preloaded. Some are better than others. What you could do is flash one of the backups from here when you get the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Still my box won't connect to my network.
    My router up is 192.168.1.1
    Never connects automatically with Dhcp.
    Input various ip's for box of 192.168.1.2 and changed last digit upwards with no joy.
    255.255.255.0 for mask
    Gateway entered is box ip ending in 1.1
    DNS changed it to 8.8.8.8 (which then changes to box ip) nameserver 2 to 8.8.4.4 & also tried box ip.

I'm absolutely at my wits end

Just to add, everything else connects ok.
    Laptop works through same Ethernet cable.
    Here is my phone settings when connected through wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

aireng wrote: »
    I'm using Freshpots Hyp 4.5 When its been left in standby for a few hours and I go to switch it on it comes on with a blank screen. The menu works ok but no picture. I have to switch it off and on again to fix it. Anyone else having this problem?

Change the default start up channel. Switch to bbc1 for example press ok brings up Chanel list then press menu and select set as startup service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Right clicking the channel in dreamboxedit will show you the channels ID. Your box will probably have a TP info menu to show the same ID.
    For example:- RTÉ1 is "1_0_1_2581_7FB_2_11A0000_0_0_0 .png"
    BBC 2 HD is "1_0_19_1B1C_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png"
    EDIT:-
    In Enigma go MENU>INFO>SERVICE INFO
    replace colons : with underscore _

Thanks Gerry Wicklow. I'll give that a go tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Spark is very user friendly but it lacks some features that you might miss. Series link, tsmedia,rte player etc. All depends on what image is preloaded. Some are better than others. What you could do is flash one of the backups from here when you get the box.

Sound ta. The seller offers enigma pre loaded or spark pre programmed. I'd like to have the full functions enigma provides but have to be mindful of her tech-phobic self!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

superg wrote: »
    Sound ta. The seller offers enigma pre loaded or spark pre programmed. I'd like to have the full functions enigma provides but have to be mindful of her tech-phobic self!

I'd say go with enigma2 so, there is a bit of a learning curve with both, it may as well be with one that does everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Imstuck wrote: »
    Just to add, everything else connects ok.
    Laptop works through same Ethernet cable.
    Here is my phone settings when connected through wifi

Lets leave wifi out of this for a minute. So you are saying that your Laptop is connected to the router (192.168.1.1) via Ethernet Cables and it works. Are you sure it's not using wifi at this point even though you connected an Ethernet Cable ? What IP Address are you getting on the Ethernet Interface - Click Start > Run > Type CMD and press Enter. The type IPCONFIG and press Enter. Look at the details against your ETHERNET INTERFACE

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

championc wrote: »
    Lets leave wifi out of this for a minute. So you are saying that your Laptop is connected to the router (192.168.1.1) via Ethernet Cables and it works. Are you sure it's not using wifi at this point even though you connected an Ethernet Cable ? What IP Address are you getting on the Ethernet Interface - Click Start > Run > Type CMD and press Enter. The type IPCONFIG and press Enter. Look at the details against your ETHERNET interface[/url]
    Thanks for the reply champc!
    It is definetly connected via the same Ethernet that the PC is working on.wifi was disabled.

I tried the cmd command today and (interterestingly) it wouldn't give me the ip, the result was something along the lines of ''this is not an internal or external command'' or very similar.

I went to a website that should have gave me my external & internal ip but it gave me my external but internal ip was empty........

On my router it says the ip is 192.168.1.1
    When using my laptop trying to do the cmd etc a pop up came in the corner telling me I was connected to Ethernet ip 192.168.1.3 which I presume was the laptop ip branching of the router 192.168.1.1
    Either way I tried variants of them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

jayo26 wrote: »
    Change the default start up channel. Switch to bbc1 for example press ok brings up Chanel list then press menu and select set as startup service

I had BBC 1 HD Freeview set as startup channel, I've just changed it to rte 2 Saorview, We'll see does that make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

anyone know of a guide to set up multisat using diseq motor. im not using usals.
    currently using freshpots hyperion 4.0- rock solid.
    is there a specific image for multisat?
    does autobouquets work for multi sat?
    not reallt sure where to start.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply champc!
    It is definetly connected via the same Ethernet that the PC is working on.wifi was disabled.

I tried the cmd command today and (interterestingly) it wouldn't give me the ip, the result was something along the lines of ''this is not an internal or external command'' or very similar.

I went to a website that should have gave me my external & internal ip but it gave me my external but internal ip was empty........

On my router it says the ip is 192.168.1.1
    When using my laptop trying to do the cmd etc a pop up came in the corner telling me I was connected to Ethernet ip 192.168.1.3 which I presume was the laptop ip branching of the router 192.168.1.1
    Either way I tried variants of them all!

You must have typed a space before CMD or else maybe CND. Either way, you typed something wrong. CMD will work on EVERY PC. Otherwise, look for a shortcut on your Start Menu for "Command Prompt"

At the DOS Prompt, what about "ping 192.168.1.1" ? You should get 4 x replies and 0% Loss - like this
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\championc>ping 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 2ms

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi again guys sorry for this but has anyone got the spark plugin pack for E2 upgrade as the box i just got dont have one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

hi again guys sorry for this but has anyone got the spark plugin pack for E2 upgrade as the box i just got dont have one thanks

Should be in championc's image in his signature I think

where about do i find that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

where about do i find that

its the plugin.zip in my spark utilities

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Nowso wrote: »
    thanks just install the whole folder over in spark is it

extract it

add to root of usb in a folder plugin

and have the var etc in the the next level

then put the usb in and it should pop up

extract it

add to root of usb in a folder plugin

and have the var etc in the the next level

then put the usb in and it should pop up

tried that update the plugin but plugin_e2upgrade.s does not appear.forgot to mention its a alien 1 if that makes a difference

• Advertisement

no difference if you go push down it may be at the bottom theres 11 or 12 plugins and it only shows top 10 at 1st look

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

@Champs ....

On the OpenaATV image I was looking how to enable/disable the swap file. I saw in INFO that there was a 32MB swap activated but I have no idea where it is stored! I found the activation plugin which then allowed me to generate a 64 MB file on my hdd. Info then showed I now had a 96 MB swap! Deactivation got me back to 32MB again....

Any idea what is happening and where the initial 32 MB is lurking?

Thanks for any help!

You must have typed a space before CMD or else maybe CND. Either way, you typed something wrong. CMD will work on EVERY PC. Otherwise, look for a shortcut on your Start Menu for "Command Prompt"

At the DOS Prompt, what about "ping 192.168.1.1" ? You should get 4 x replies and 0% Loss - like this
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\championc>ping 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 2ms

I know what your saying champ, but those are the results I got, no mistake.
    A search for cmd prompt won't work throws up interesting results, like problems with router settings etc, I think this might be where my problem lies.........
    Incredible that everything else connects without grief however.

no difference if you go push down it may be at the bottom theres 11 or 12 plugins and it only shows top 10 at 1st look
    ok thanks will try again shortly

Hey @alanhiggins - Get the plugin folder from my download link. stick in on a usb stick. boot into spark. insert the usb stick into the box. it will prompt you to install the plugins.

So NO ftping or anything else like that

Hey @alanhiggins - Get the plugin folder from my download link. stick in on a usb stick. boot into spark. insert the usb stick into the box. it will prompt you to install the plugins.

So NO ftping or anything else like that
    which download link do i use thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Can anyone help with regards to motorised setup, I tried linuxsat also to no avail!!
    Or even another place to enquire?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Anyone recommend a good wireless usb/ dongle for use with AA2+ , trying to avoid use of powerline adapters.

• Advertisement

which download link do i use thanks
    sorry again guys can i have the link to the e2 plugin update as i dont know where bout it is in championc images

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement