Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

sorry again guys can i have the link to the e2 plugin update as i dont know where bout it is in championc images
    its ok got it thanks for ur help again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good wireless usb/ dongle for use with AA2+ , trying to avoid use of powerline adapters.

May I ask why? Surely it would be better to keep wireless for mobility only and directly connect everything static.

has anyone a copy of just hyperion 4 for alien
    1 zardoz link dont work anymore as looking to install it on my neibours box in the morning thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Zardoz

has anyone a copy of just hyperion 4 for alien 1 zardoz link dont work anymore as looking to install it on my neibours box in the morning thanks guys

The Link is working fine
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zmzjuf7917rzgni/AABNKrJ-4IhaHTx95kLGB1c3a?dl=0

Btw I will be uploading a Hyperion 4.5 Alien 1 backup in the next few days .

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Link is working fine

ah ur brilliant cheers

• Advertisement

The Link is working fine

is there a sky skin for this image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Has anyone any ideas how I could defrag the external drive on the box please? do I have to reformat it for the laptop to recognise it?

is there a sky skin for this image

Not installed no.
    I don't like the Sky skins to be honest,any time I tried them they were full of bugs and gave poor performance.

Not installed no.
    I don't like the Sky skins to be honest,any time I tried them they were full of bugs and gave poor performance.
    just tried your alien 1 image and it just stays stuck on load and wont boot up.i have it on the other box and its fine.any ideas

just tried your alien 1 image and it just stays stuck on load and wont boot up.i have it on the other box and its fine.any ideas

Not really sure ,did you make sure you placed the image files on the root of the usb drive when flashing ?

Re the Sky Skin ,I can include it if someone can provide a link to the best version of it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

how.gareth wrote: »
    Has anyone any ideas how I could defrag the external drive on the box please? do I have to reformat it for the laptop to recognise it?

Ext 2/3 does not need defragging

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

how.gareth wrote: »

apparently you dont need to defrag ext3 onlt in rare cases

id try deleting old files you dont need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stevenpc

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with regards to motorised setup, I tried linuxsat also to no avail!!
    Or even another place to enquire?

try linuxsat again
    h__ps://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=556

Cheers lads, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

On Hyperion 4.5 and Im not getting any TV program information on Saorview channels...satellite is fine.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Griffinx wrote: »
    On Hyperion 4.5 and Im not getting any TV program information on Saorview channels...satellite is fine.

Any ideas?

Is this after a reboot?

(If you flick to a sorview channel, and leave it for a couple of secs, see does it update/populate the channel EPG/info)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Slevster wrote: »
    Is this after a reboot?

(If you flick to a sorview channel, and leave it for a couple of secs, see does it update/populate the channel EPG/info)

Seems to be working again... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Just tried to set up a new box with hyp 4.5 everything worked grand for about ten minutes then the on screen graphics would disappear or go blurred then the box would crash or green screen. I reflashed a few times and same thing happened. Any ideas? In the mean time I'm gonna give open atv a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I think I have found my problem with my box not connecting to internet, I think the router is blocking somehow and I need to go into the routers settings for port forwarding.
    I was wondering what numbers I should put in port and was thinking 8888? As used in open webif?
    If anyone could confirm that would be great, would like to be forearmed before I have a bash at it.
    Many thanks!

i dint think port forwarding would stop it connecting i do think its your router settings though

log into the router settings via the webbridge and factory reset the router setting would be my 1st thing to do

• Advertisement

The router is one of those vodafone/Huwaii HG658c. A search throws up a lot of interesting results with a lot of people with similar problems.......
    Maybe just disabling firewall would do it?

im not familiar with them but seems just an issue with it get the webbridge connected and change a few things from there and you should be ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Imstuck wrote: »
    I think I have found my problem with my box not connecting to internet, I think the router is blocking somehow and I need to go into the routers settings for port forwarding.
    I was wondering what numbers I should put in port and was thinking 8888? As used in open webif?
    If anyone could confirm that would be great, would like to be forearmed before I have a bash at it.
    Many thanks!

So are you saying that you go both connecting together when connected back to back without a router, as I suggested ?

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Sorry Champc I don't understand what your suggesting!?
    Apologies but you may have to dumb it down lol!

The Link is working fine

hows this image coming along @zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Imstuck wrote: »
    Sorry Champc I don't understand what your suggesting!?
    Apologies but you may have to dumb it down lol!

Get an Ethernet cable. Connect one end to your laptop, the other end to the network port on the box.

Set static IP Addresses on both - maybe Laptop 192.168.1.5, box 192.168.1.6, mask for both 255.255.255.0. No gateway or DNS necessary

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

So set a static ip for box, then hook up to router as per normal use, turn dhcp off and set up manually using pre set ip? Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Griffinx wrote: »

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, but no matter what I do, it won't show info on saorview channels, it just shows now and next with no information.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

cyndale wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, but no matter what I do, it won't show info on saorview channels, it just shows now and next with no information.:(

I stand to be corrected on this, but I think the soarview channel info/guide will download only if you actively view the one of the channels( for a few seconds. which you did, I am guessing).
    Also, It may be that you are tuned to not the strongest MUX freq in your area .many areas can receive soarview from more than one transmitter, but some may not be very strong, and so not receive the full amount of data. Does any of your channels show any pixialilation? If you originally did an auto scan, your box may have found a few. (When on rte 1, press the OK button, to and get to the list of channels, and then the red button ( labeled as "all") , and see if there are other rate 1's there (from soarview, not satellite) or check via dreamboxedit. If so, select one of the other ones and see what happens. Also flick to TV3 which will be on a different MUX, and wait a few seconds. . but if things were fine before, then...
    After that check your .dat files for your epg's (depending on where they are set, most likely in /hdd or /hdd/crossepg) , and see when they were updated . you should see if it was updated very recently ( as in , at the time you were viewing)
    after that, you can delete all EPG.dat and crossepg files, reboot, force download of epg ( or wait till it normally downloads) , flick to a soarview, and hopefully, it is back to normal

(Or give it another day, could be an issue with soarview itself. If you have any other TV/ box that can view soarview, check it too)

But as I said, I am open to correction

• Advertisement

My epg on saorview would be empty on powering on the box but populates as soon as I turn on a saorview channel, it's not a problem to be honest, not sure why yours isn't filling up tho

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement