Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Imstuck wrote: »
    So set a static ip for box, then hook up to router as per normal use, turn dhcp off and set up manually using pre set ip? Yes?

Eh ? Where did I mention router ? Go back and read EXACTLY what I said to do.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Yeah I read what I have to do, set static ip on laptop and box connecting them together with Ethernet.
    What next though?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Does anyone know where I can check the satellite signal strength on Fresh Pots image? And also what % signal strength I should expect for astra 28.2e? The large majority of my channels are great but a handful freeze from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

MENU>SETUP>SERVICE SEARCHING> SATFINDER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys just turned on my box and i get this message service unavailable check tuner configuration..wtf nothing working on both boxes.anyone have this problem and know of a fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Hey guys, Whats the easiest way to change the remote key functions? I've like to get Rew and Fwd working as just that for Timeshift.

hi guys just turned on my box and i get this message service unavailable check tuner configuration..wtf nothing working on both boxes.anyone have this problem and know of a fix
    If you have the same problem on 2 boxes suggests you have a look and see if your dish is still there, intact and pointing in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Slevster wrote: »
    I stand to be corrected on this, but I think the soarview channel info/guide will download only if you actively view the one of the channels( for a few seconds. which you did, I am guessing).
    Also, It may be that you are tuned to not the strongest MUX freq in your area .many areas can receive soarview from more than one transmitter, but some may not be very strong, and so not receive the full amount of data. Does any of your channels show any pixialilation? If you originally did an auto scan, your box may have found a few. (When on rte 1, press the OK button, to and get to the list of channels, and then the red button ( labeled as "all") , and see if there are other rate 1's there (from soarview, not satellite) or check via dreamboxedit. If so, select one of the other ones and see what happens. Also flick to TV3 which will be on a different MUX, and wait a few seconds. . but if things were fine before, then...
    After that check your .dat files for your epg's (depending on where they are set, most likely in /hdd or /hdd/crossepg) , and see when they were updated . you should see if it was updated very recently ( as in , at the time you were viewing)
    after that, you can delete all EPG.dat and crossepg files, reboot, force download of epg ( or wait till it normally downloads) , flick to a soarview, and hopefully, it is back to normal

(Or give it another day, could be an issue with soarview itself. If you have any other TV/ box that can view soarview, check it too)

But as I said, I am open to correction

Thanks for the detailed instructions! Tried TV3 as you said unfortunately no joy! Not hugely important to me but it would be nice to have the info all the same.

Using Freshpots Hyperion V4.5 and it hasn't green screened yet, very stable. It does seem to take up more memory though.

On V4 memory free was around 35Mb, now it is around 10Mb!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

If you have the same problem on 2 boxes suggests you have a look and see if your dish is still there, intact and pointing in the right direction.
    first thing i did but had to reinstall the image and hey presto it worked.dunno why that happened

Snow melted perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

tnegun wrote: »
    Hey guys, Whats the easiest way to change the remote key functions? I've like to get Rew and Fwd working as just that for Timeshift.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93977197&postcount=2450

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Hi all, newbie query. I promise to read as much if this thread as possible but for right now I'm just trying to get my dish setup so how do I get into spark on boot? My new box came with a factory installed enigma 2 image which it boots straight into. Also when I'm done in spark will it boot back into enigma next time I turn it on? Finally Is this box supposed to be really slow after first boot? it takes literally 3 seconds after a button press for the thing to actually happen.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

superg wrote: »
    Hi all, newbie query. I promise to read as much if this thread as possible but for right now I'm just trying to get my dish setup so how do I get into spark on boot? My new box came with a factory installed enigma 2 image which it boots straight into. Also when I'm done in spark will it boot back into enigma next time I turn it on? Finally Is this box supposed to be really slow after first boot? it takes literally 3 seconds after a button press for the thing to actually happen.

Thanks in advance.

Hey mate turn your box off via the switch at the back of the box and hold down the ok button on the front panel and switch it back on while holding in the ok button. After a short time you will see forc pop up on the display on the box so release the ok button and press up to go into spark or press down to go into enigma.. Welcome to the land of amiko alien 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

I'm on Hyperion 4.5 and every morning I come down it has goes back to the default channel.... does the box reboot in the middle of the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Hi all,
    New to Enigma and even though I have a technical background, its pretty daunting. Anyway I have most things set up. However I have slight concerns about my saorview reception so I have not invested in hard drive for recording yet. I have the SAB triple tuner box. Right now I just have a flash key plugged in to allow it store the epg off the box.
    I am seeing an issue whereby whenever I change a channel after about 2 seconds the screen goes black and the pause symbol appears. I need to press stop or play to get the channel back. I have gone through all the timeshift and recording settings I can find and I believe I have them all disabled.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hey mate turn your box off via the switch at the back of the box and hold down the ok button on the front panel and switch it back on while holding in the ok button. After a short time you will see forc pop up on the display on the box so release the ok button and press up to go into spark or press down to go into enigma.. Welcome to the land of amiko alien 2 :)

Cheers Jayo and thanks for the welcome, I might be here a lot in the coming weeks:D. Actually found an old sky box so used that to set up the dish.

This image seems to have all the necessary stuff like auto bouquets, picons etc but it's channel list is set up to mimic Sky so loads of blank channels (I'll find out about making that work later;) ). For now need to re arrange stuff for freesat. That's my next task, one of many probably!

superg wrote: »
    Cheers Jayo and thanks for the welcome, I might be here a lot in the coming weeks:D. Actually found an old sky box so used that to set up the dish.

This image seems to have all the necessary stuff like auto bouquets, picons etc but it's channel list is set up to mimic Sky so loads of blank channels (I'll find out about making that work later;) ). For now need to re arrange stuff for freesat. That's my next task, one of many probably!

If you feel brave enough try freshpots 4.5 image on here it is the best I have used and should be set up for you straight out of the box.

albob wrote: »
    Hi all,
    New to Enigma and even though I have a technical background, its pretty daunting. Anyway I have most things set up. However I have slight concerns about my saorview reception so I have not invested in hard drive for recording yet. I have the SAB triple tuner box. Right now I just have a flash key plugged in to allow it store the epg off the box.
    I am seeing an issue whereby whenever I change a channel after about 2 seconds the screen goes black and the pause symbol appears. I need to press stop or play to get the channel back. I have gone through all the timeshift and recording settings I can find and I believe I have them all disabled.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

What image are you using?

jayo26 wrote: »
    If you feel brave enough try freshpots 4.5 image on here it is the best I have used and should be set up for you straight out of the box.

Yeah saw that mentioned earlier. I'll have a good read of this thread and then have a go :D

What image are you using?

Interesting question. Box bought from freetv with Enigma pre installed. How do I determine the image? I'll have a look around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Has anyone come across this using Fresh Pots Hyperion 4.5 backup.

The last two nights, i've put the STB into standby by pressing the red button at the top of the remote. The next day when i power the STB back up by using the same button on the remote i get no channels coming through. When i press FAV i get the channel listings and epg data, just no channels coming through (FTA or otherwise).

A restart of enigma does not solve the problem but a restart does. The only thing that i think may be causing it is that the homeplug gets switched off at the modem end overnight.

Anyone else experiencing this?

The last two nights, i've put the STB into standby by pressing the red button at the top of the remote. The next day when i power the STB back up by using the same button on the remote i get no channels coming through. When i press FAV i get the channel listings and epg data, just no channels coming through (FTA or otherwise).

A restart of enigma does not solve the problem but a restart does. The only thing that i think may be causing it is that the homeplug gets switched off at the modem end overnight.

And can you then select and view a channel?

Interesting question. Box bought from freetv with Enigma pre installed. How do I determine the image? I'll have a look around.

Was just coming here to ask the same question! I don't know what image is on mine either.

Hmmm. For all my messing around with this box, I am struggling to think of a clear , easy and accurate way to pull up info on the installed enigma image from within the image. If you press menu, you will see some clues in the background wallpaper.

Or When booting (not just from standby) , you will see a splash screen which will show if its ATV, or Hyperion, or PLi , or ARP or something else (all will have a number after them,eg ATV 4.2 )

Hmmm. For all my messing around with this box, I am struggling to think of a clear , easy and accurate way to pull up info on the installed enigma image from within the image. If you press menu, you will see some clues in the background wallpaper.

Or When booting (not just from standby) , you will see a splash screen which will show if its ATV, or Hyperion, or PLi , or ARP or something else (all will have a number after them,eg ATV 4.2 )

Different for each image but roughly the same haha menu and information and info center on hyper 4.5 it will say pkt and what its based on I think open ATV is similar

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Ya im getting the same thing. I think i left it for a while this morning and it came on eventually. Its only after its been in standby for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

And can you then select and view a channel?

Yes, upon restart it's fine, just coming out of standby it isn't. Aireng replied saying that he/she was experiencing something similar but that services came on eventually when coming out of standby.

Strange, eh.

I found mine in info panel ( red button while watching tv on my image) I pressed info inside the info panel and a whole host of stuff was viewable there including the image number and who made it. Mine is by opena.tv and skinned by FrankenSky.

Okay, checked info panel and mine us opena.tv too. Version 4.2. What's seen as the gold standard image these days? This auto pause is getting real annoying. I suppose I could just go for a factory reset.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Okay, checked info panel and mine us opena.tv too. Version 4.2. What's seen as the gold standard image these days? This auto pause is getting real annoying. I suppose I could just go for a factory reset.
    Thanks

Hey mate freshpots 4.5 image is setup pretty well and is very reliable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement