Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

superg wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a way to set up and edit bouquets on the box itself? I'm on freshpots image. Cheers.

Press "OK" button or "fav" button, to bring up list of channels/bouquets then press the "menu" button, and you should see a list of options, where you can edit, move etc

But beware, autobouquet may will rearrange anything that is not in your favourites bouquet (its tricky like that!)
    Or what you could do, is run auto bouquet once, just to put some order on things, and then disable it. Rearrange things to your liking ( much easier if you use dreamboxedit). Channel freq don't change very often these days.

Could the auto bouquet plugin be causing the booting in the night issue ? (would agree, that it is most likely the EPG download. Having said that, I haven't had that particular issue. I'm using my own build, which is very similar to FP's I believe. But I don't use autobouquet )
    Could also be a skin issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

techdiver wrote: »
    Has any one experience using the wifi dongle

It depends on what you are looking to do. No problem whatsoever for OSCam or updating CrossEPG or AutoBouquets. Streaming could be ropey though

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Possible, I pressed it a few times I suppose trying to get it on. It's been fine today though and has been on standby for hours and still worked fine when switched on.

Spec's on the box it came in says it uses 0.5w in standby so I'd imagine it uses a good bit more than that when on. Still max consumption is only 20w so nothing to worry about.

As an aside, whats deep standby and should I bother with it?

Deep standby uses .5w the quick standby shuts off video and the cams but not much else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Slevster wrote: »
    Press "OK" button or "fav" button, to bring up list of channels/bouquets then press the "menu" button, and you should see a list of options, where you can edit, move etc

But beware, autobouquet may will rearrange anything that is not in your favourites bouquet (its tricky like that!)
    Or what you could do, is run auto bouquet once, just to put some order on things, and then disable it. Rearrange things to your liking ( much easier if you use dreamboxedit). Channel freq don't change very often these days.

Is there an idiots guide to dreamboxedit cos this idiot is having trouble? :D Clicked help in the program which brought me to a video in German.

I've set it all up, downloaded it to the box and everything is ordered the way I want it. But if I type in a number on the keypad a different channel comes up to the one I want. I've sussed that this is because it goes by the Nr pane in dreamboxedit but I can't change that it seems so whats the point in sorting everything nicely if you can't access it by typing the number I've given it in its name i.e. '101 - BBC One' for example, which is number 1 on the keypad rather than 101. Typing in 101 brings me elsewhere.

If I keep the default bouquets from autobouquets, '101 - BBC One' is still Nr 1 in the left pane in dreamboxedit but it comes up on the box when I type 101 on the keypad so why won't my own ordering do the same?

Is there an idiots guide to dreamboxedit cos this idiot is having trouble? :D Clicked help in the program which brought me to a video in German.

I've set it all up, downloaded it to the box and everything is ordered the way I want it. But if I type in a number on the keypad a different channel comes up to the one I want. I've sussed that this is because it goes by the Nr pane in dreamboxedit but I can't change that it seems so whats the point in sorting everything nicely if you can't access it by typing the number I've given it in its name i.e. '101 - BBC One' for example, which is number 1 on the keypad rather than 101. Typing in 101 brings me elsewhere.

If I keep the default bouquets from autobouquets, '101 - BBC One' is still Nr 1 in the left pane in dreamboxedit but it comes up on the box when I type 101 on the keypad so why won't my own ordering do the same?

Autobouquets has named BBC 1 as "101-bbc 1

Or perhaps, now that you can, rearrange things , now as per sky have it, but as you want it. Use dreamboxedit to select the BBC 1 HD stream, and place it in a bouquet, as you want. Believe me, this is one of the best things about this box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

its name i.e. '101 - BBC One' for example, which is number 1 on the keypad rather than 101. Typing in 101 brings me elsewhere.

Just turn off the numbering feature in autobouquets menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

cyndale wrote:
    My first issue with Hyperion V4.5 (Freshpots image). I used to put my box into standby every night, but since I installed V4.5 when I put it into standby overnight, when I come down in the morning the box is turned on again? Strange?

That's your Auto Bouquets coming on @04.00 to update. Can't remember exactly how I did it but I set an inactivity timer to come on after 04.15 and shyg the box down again.

Evening All,
    She who must be obeyed has been using the AA2+ now for a month with FP's Hv4.5 image and has only one problem with it. Imagine!
    When watching a recording, rewind has only one speed, 8x. Does anyone know how to get it working like the FF button, eg, 1 press =2x, 2 press = 4x etc. Not a deal breaker, but would really make it a full replacement for the old Sky+ in our house.

Evening All,
    She who must be obeyed has been using the AA2+ now for a month with FP's Hv4.5 image and has only one problem with it. Imagine!
    When watching a recording, rewind has only one speed, 8x. Does anyone know how to get it working like the FF button, eg, 1 press =2x, 2 press = 4x etc. Not a deal breaker, but would really make it a full replacement for the old Sky+ in our house.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93977197&postcount=2450

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Just discovered hyperion 4.5 dosnt have the required video codecs to play the h264 mkv files on my iptv setup, arse and Feck anyway, was wondering what was going on as I only had sound and no picture. Anyone else with this?

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »
    Just discovered hyperion 4.5 dosnt have the required video codecs to play the h264 mkv files on my iptv setup, arse and Feck anyway, was wondering what was going on as I only had sound and no picture. Anyone else with this?

Did they work with other images (v4? OpenTV?)

Cheers Slevster,
    I used that xml to sort out the key mapping but still have the issue. I looked at the settings of EMC but couldn't find anything related to the button speed settings. Any ideas?

Cheers Slevster,
    I used that xml to sort out the key mapping but still have the issue. I looked at the settings of EMC but couldn't find anything related to the button speed settings. Any ideas?

Actually, never really noticed that the first rw speed is x8. You can press rw once then ff once to go to x4 and a second time to go to x2. But that isn't really a clean solution

Menu-Setup-system-harddrive-record and in there, you will find options which may be of help

Cheers man,
    It was in there alright, initial rewind speed, set to 2x. Boards to the rescue yet again.
    Thanks Slevster!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Guys, I've tried installing Fresh Pot's image for the first time, and once I go to reboot back into Enigma, nothing is happening, it has been stuck on boot for the past half hour, any suggestions. This is my first time using Hyperion, I've used championc's image's fine in the past

Did they work with other images (v4? OpenTV?)

Yep worked perfectly with champs ARP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

That's your Auto Bouquets coming on @04.00 to update. Can't remember exactly how I did it but I set an inactivity timer to come on after 04.15 and shyg the box down again.
    can u remember how to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

can u remember how to do this

Off the top of my head.

Go to plugins>Auto Bouquets and press the menu or Info button. on the window displayed there is an option to change the update schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

I have Hyperion 4.5 and Ive tweaked it a bit using DreamEdit and changed a few other config settings...is there a way to backup this image so that instead of re-installing Hyperion, I can reinstall my backup image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Boot back into spark and do it from there. I can remember the exact process but it's pretty simple.

• Advertisement

tnegun wrote: »
    Boot back into spark and do it from there. I can remember the exact process but it's pretty simple.

Boot into spark and in the E2 upgrade plugin there will be an option for a back up under the green button

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Guys, I've tried installing Fresh Pot's image for the first time, and once I go to reboot back into Enigma, nothing is happening, it has been stuck on boot for the past half hour, any suggestions. This is my first time using Hyperion, I've used championc's image's fine in the past

I had the same issue, flashing the image according to the method in this post worked for me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91486210&postcount=244

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone have a 4.5 image for the 8900

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi,

Just got this box today. Have been experimenting with some of the images uploaded here.

Can anyone tell me how to re-scan the saorview channels and merge them back into the existing EPG wiothout a new EPG being spawned. For the life of me I cannot fine how to do this.

Also, does anyone have a channel list for just the FTA/Freesat channels with saorview. All the images I have tried include all pay channels also.

Edit: Ok, I found DreamBoxEdit, cheers.

Hi,

Just got this box today. Have been experimenting with some of the images uploaded here.

Can anyone tell me how to re-scan the saorview channels and merge them back into the existing EPG wiothout a new EPG being spawned. For the life of me I cannot fine how to do this.

Also, does anyone have a channel list for just the FTA/Freesat channels with saorview. All the images I have tried include all pay channels also.

Edit: Ok, I found DreamBoxEdit, cheers.

Menu-setup-service searching-manual scan. Then select the DVB-T runner, single transponder , enter the freq you need for MUX 1 in your area,8mhz, and clear before scan(others may advise on clearing) . Repeat for MUX 2

Are you sorted for your FTA list now?

Menu-setup-service searching-manual scan. Then select the DVB-T runner, single transponder , enter the freq you need for MUX 1 in your area,8mhz, and clear before scan(others may advise on clearing) . Repeat for MUX 2

Are you sorted for your FTA list now?

Hi,

Yeah, I'm using DreamBoxEdit to create a custom list to include Saorview and FTA. It's painful, but I want to only have the channels that are watchable in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hi,

Yeah, I'm using DreamBoxEdit to create a custom list to include Saorview and FTA. It's painful, but I want to only have the channels that are watchable in the list.

If your image has autobouquets installed, just go to Menu/Servicesearhing/Autobouquets and press menu again and set "Scan free to air only" to yes.

givecredit wrote: »
    If your image has autobouquets installed, just go to Menu/Servicesearhing/Autobouquets and press menu again and set "Scan free to air only" to yes.

Cheers,

That saved me a good bit of work. Just had to scan overview and re-arrange the list to my liking. All done now.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

I had the same issue, flashing the image according to the method in this post worked for me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91486210&postcount=244

Thanks for the suggestion, tried this method, but the LCD display just randomly flashes T TO , left it for over an hour, and still the same thing, tried it again, and still the same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion, tried this method, but the LCD display just randomly flashes T TO , left it for over an hour, and still the same thing, tried it again, and still the same issue.

I got this once when the box did not recognise the USB stick - try another one (I use Kingston)
    Or try the method in post 2 of this thread (the Championc "fool proof" way)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement