Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

I have downloaded and installed Enigma2 and using the OpenATV skin. I've searched and read through most of the threads on here about Enigma but I'm struggling with setting up the channels list to be easy to find the most important channels (to me) at the top of the list.

How can I mix and match the Sky Channels with the Terrestrial channels on the channels menu and sort them in the favourites list?

When I select RTE 1 now (RTE is not tuning in) the menu performance slows down to where I cannot select or even move the selection bar on the menus. It almost prevents moving off the channel as the response is upwards of 1 minute to select or exit. Why does this slow down happen when a channel is selected that is not tuned correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion, tried this method, but the LCD display just randomly flashes T TO , left it for over an hour, and still the same thing, tried it again, and still the same issue.
    T TO means the box cant find or read the correct folder for the upgrade. Make sure there is no spaces or strange characters in the file/folder names. Safest thing is just have the two files ("e2jffs2.img" and "uImage") in the root of the USB.

rb25 wrote: »

How can I mix and match the Sky Channels with the Terrestrial channels on the channels menu and sort them in the favourites list?
    Use Dreamboxedit to sort the channel lists to your liking.
    The saorview coverage checker will tell you your local frequencies for a manual scan. Set it to clear the list the first time you scan terrestrial so you aren't trying to watch the wrong channels. Don't clear for the second frequency scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Technofobe wrote: »

I copied all these to /hdd/picon and told AutoBouquets look there but the picons are only showing for the terrestrial channels

Do I need to do something extra to display the satellite ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Griffinx wrote: »
    I copied all these to /hdd/picon and told AutoBouquets look there but the picons are only showing for the terrestrial channels

Put them in /usr/share/enigma2/picon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Griffinx wrote: »

/hdd/picon will work for open atv but im not using autoboquets

May be as mass_debater has suggested :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

T TO means the box cant find or read the correct folder for the upgrade. Make sure there is no spaces or strange characters in the file/folder names. Safest thing is just have the two files ("e2jffs2.img" and "uImage") in the root of the USB.

cheers, tried a differant usb stick and it did the trick using spark plugin method. Fresh Pots image is nice, the only thing which has bugged me so far is the scrolling through menu's and EPG, it takes a few seconds initially to recognise the first command, then works fine, then freezes again. This is on all menu's , would anybody know what this might be, or is it purely a preference change I need to make somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Does crossepg not work with Saorview channels? I have nothing listed for them on Freshpots image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

superg wrote: »
    Does crossepg not work with Saorview channels? I have nothing listed for them on Freshpots image.

No, it's only for satellite, it reads sky's EPG. Saorview does not need it, it had it's own EPG, just click on a Saorview channel and it should populate

No, it's only for satellite, it reads sky's EPG. Saorview does not need it, it had it's own EPG, just click on a Saorview channel and it should populate

Nothing happens when I do that.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Put them in /usr/share/enigma2/picon

That didn't work I'm afraid

Use Dreamboxedit to sort the channel lists to your liking.
    The saorview coverage checker will tell you your local frequencies for a manual scan. Set it to clear the list the first time you scan terrestrial so you aren't trying to watch the wrong channels. Don't clear for the second frequency scan.

How do you enter the frequency? My mast is Kippure which is 53 and 58 on the Saorview link you posted. When I go to manual scan I pick single transponder and type in 53000000 and nothing comes in. same for 58000000. If I do complete scan it finds about 10 TV channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

How do you enter the frequency? My mast is Kippure which is 53 and 58 on the Saorview link you posted. When I go to manual scan I pick single transponder and type in 53000000 and nothing comes in. same for 58000000. If I do complete scan it finds about 10 TV channels.

And set it to 8mhz? ( but since you did a complete scan, there is no further need for a manual scan, as long as you have all the channels, including rte 1 HD and tv3 (MUX 1 and 2))

And then view one of the soarview channels (at least 30secs, but give it a 2 minutes) and the info/guide should populate

Slevster wrote: »
    And set it to 8mhz? ( but since you did a complete scan, there is no further need for a manual scan, as long as you have all the channels, including rte 1 HD and tv3 (MUX 1 and 2))

And then view one of the soarview channels (at least 30secs, but give it a 2 minutes) and the info/guide should populate

No had it on the default which was 7mhz. Seem to have them all, just have to get epg working for them, nothing populates for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

No had it on the default which was 7mhz. Seem to have them all, just have to get epg working for them, nothing populates for them.

This has come up a few times recently. I wonder is there more to it ?(eg transmitter fault, signal drop, network issues, weather)

However, I have had something similar happen before. I live in an area that can pick up signal from different transmitters . one stronger than the other. If I do an automatic scan, the box will see both signals, and I may end up using one of the weaker signals, especially when I use dreamboxedit to arrange the channels (as I grab a terrestrial RTE from the list , and stick it in a bouquet, without checking its freq.) And sometimes the channel (future)info isnt always present. Bear in mind, that this is only a theory.
    A manual scan of a freq that you know is correct should ensure things are right. (Are you getting any pixilation on your soarview channels?)
    Anyway , try the following http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94151285&postcount=2606

And as Gerry said, there is no need to clear when scanning the second MUX (however, I'm not sure that you do any harm, if you did, but I stand to be corrected)

Then , flick to RTE 1 HD or RTE 1 +1 (only available via soarview) for a few minutes. Others have reported this issue on this thread only a few pages back, and have noted that things rectified after a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I'm having an issue with OpenATV 4.2 where I get a black screen on FTA channels after recording Saorview and vice versa. I can see a good SNR when I zap to the channels but no audio/video. Rebooting the box solves the issue. Has anyone experienced this and do you know how to fix? Really happy with Enigma2 otherwise.

deleted

cyndale wrote: »
    My first issue with Hyperion V4.5 (Freshpots image). I used to put my box into standby every night, but since I installed V4.5 when I put it into standby overnight, when I come down in the morning the box is turned on again? Strange?:eek:
    That's your Auto Bouquets coming on @04.00 to update. Can't remember exactly how I did it but I set an inactivity timer to come on after 04.15 and shut the box down again.

Any input on how to do this? My box is switching on and staying on too?

Why not set your box to shutdown on short press of the remote rather than enter into standby
    takes about 3 mins to start up from scratch on openatv so I would imagine hyper 4 to be similar
    I have always set mine to do a full shutdown

Cerdito wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with OpenATV 4.2 where I get a black screen on FTA channels after recording Saorview and vice versa. I can see a good SNR when I zap to the channels but no audio/video. Rebooting the box solves the issue. Has anyone experienced this and do you know how to fix? Really happy with Enigma2 otherwise.
    This seems to be a fairly common complaint it can be replicated by stopping a recording mid way
    So if you were recording RTE and stopped the recording manually the other stations would be blank but if you just let it finish recording the stations would be ok
    unfortunately I did find this to be happening more and more with openatv even if you let it finish recording the stations would still go blank
    I found the only way to cure it was to restore a backup that I had done
    It would work normally for a few weeks then start going wiggy again

I have since reflashed openatv ( dont try the software update in openatv ) with the latest nightly build and at the moment its fine but you do have to set it back up from scratch

So if you have a backup reflash that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Just thinking out loud here and haven't done much googling yet! I've 2 of these tuners now an AA2 and an AA2 +. Is there anyway to store the crossepg data on an external db and update it there? I've already got a Pi running 24/7 running MySQL for my XBMC library and OSCam for the AA2's and that works very well. So it would be nice to offload the epg too.

The AA2 box flashes an icon on the VFD for each remote key press anyone know of a way to do that on the AA2+? I find the remote a bit poor and end up with multiple key presses a visual cue the key press had been received would be great on the AA2 +.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Press menu button and go into timers. Then set a power timer to put box into standby every day at 4:20.

Harcrid wrote:
    Press menu button and go into timers. Then set a power timer to put box into standby every day at 4:20.

My only options in that menu are record, record and zap or zap.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

Menu >> Standby/Restart >> sleeptimer >> set the inactivity timer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

For @cyndale and @superg, check your settings in HDMI-CEC. Maybe turn it off if on now

thegreek wrote: »
    Menu >> Standby/Restart >> sleeptimer >> set the inactivity timer here.

Yeah that'll do the job, cheers.
    championc wrote: »
    For @cyndale and @superg, check your settings in HDMI-CEC. Maybe turn it off if on now

It's not on cos it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

hi guys, just a quick question about fresh pots image, does oscam come installed on it? doesnt appear to be on it for me

Update: seems to be there , but I'm greeted with this whenever I'm trying to get into it.

403 Forbidden

Access denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robwilsonirl

Hi

Apologies but COMPLETELY new to these boxes. Have some IT background (Alpha mainframes - I know - very old !) but hardly any Unix/Linux.

Saying that, I can follow instructions pretty well, regularly flash my S5 phone etc

Anyway, I've a SAB Unix Triple HD box and was working fine. But, was playing with channels, scanning etc and just wanted to get back to the original image it came with, as the EPG was all set up nicely. So, done factory reset and don't know if I didn't let it finish (seemed to be going for ages) but it is now stuck in a boot loop.

I get the splash screen from Freetv.ie where I got it, and it disappears, come back again, off again etc

I tried to download a Spark Image on a USB drive. Also tried Enigma2 image. Both times, I put them on the usb (16Gb) key on their own, formatted to fat32. started box with OK held down, went to FORC, pressed Vol Up to go to FACT, then it went to T and then TO (or T"zero") comes up. It didn't go to "U LD", as I had read in a few threads.

Can anyone help ? I really need a dummies guide to sorting this.

TIA
    Rob

EDIT: guide here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Another total newbie here. Have installed Champions OpenATV image and by and large it works great. However I have a couple of questions, some of which are probably incredibly stupid.

1. I set a timer to record something last night. It says it worked. How do I play it back? I've tried pressing the play button but there's nothing listed under recordings.

2. I can't pause live tv. I get this error - Creating hardlink to timeshift failed. Filesystem does not support hard links.

3. There's a plugin called TS Media but no matter what I select I get the same error - No returned data.

All help greatly appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement