Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

remoteboy wrote: »
    Another total newbie here. Have installed Champions OpenATV image and by and large it works great. However I have a couple of questions, some of which are probably incredibly stupid.

1. I set a timer to record something last night. It says it worked. How do I play it back? I've tried pressing the play button but there's nothing listed under recordings.

2. I can't pause live tv. I get this error - Creating hardlink to timeshift failed. Filesystem does not support hard links.

3. There's a plugin called TS Media but no matter what I select I get the same error - No returned data.

All help greatly appreciated.

Do you have an ext2/3 formatted usb drive mounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robwilsonirl

T TO means the box cant find or read the correct folder for the upgrade. Make sure there is no spaces or strange characters in the file/folder names. Safest thing is just have the two files ("e2jffs2.img" and "uImage") in the root of the USB.

Thanks Gerry. I actually had the whole Enigma2 folder on the USB drive.

Then I thought to try booting into Spark and that worked. So, from there, I went to the Plugin folder and tried to select the Enigma2 upgrade, selected my USB drive and it worked.

So, I have some version of Enigma2 now : )

Very lost as to all the versions - the Enigma2 image I had from Freetv.ie is very different from the one I downloaded (from Open ATV nightly downloads). Once channel scan finished, I got to go figure out how I can install Cool TV Guide, which was on my other Enigma2 image.

i'll keep muddling along !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I have an external USB drive connected and can browse to it. Not sure if it's ext2/3 - I initialised it via the box so presume it is.

remoteboy wrote: »
    I have an external USB drive connected and can browse to it. Not sure if it's ext2/3 - I initialised it via the box so presume it is.

No, You need to use Spark to format it to ext3 for it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

No, You need to use Spark to format it to ext3 for it to work

Brilliant. Cheers. I'll give that a go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

sent u a pm

but if u use spark you should be on this topic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057246284&page=23

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Very lost as to all the versions - the Enigma2 image I had from Freetv.ie is very different from the one I downloaded (from Open ATV nightly downloads). Once channel scan finished, I got to go figure out how I can install Cool TV Guide, which was on my other Enigma2 image.

i'll keep muddling along !

If you have a look at the firmware thread you will get some pre-compiled backups made by other users to get you started, otherwise have a look at the plugins menu to download/install cooltv etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I notice PKT now have a Memory Cleaner built into their blue panel,it seems to be the same thing as cacheflush .
    Has anyone tried it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    I notice PKT now have a Memory Cleaner built into their blue panel,it seems to be the same thing as cacheflush .
    Has anyone tried it ?
    hi zardoz any luck with alien 1 hyperion 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I formatted my usb drive to fat32 in windows, plugged it into the box and it records to it fine. Whats ext3?

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    I formatted my usb drive to fat32 in windows, plugged it into the box and it records to it fine. Whats ext3?

It's a Linux file system, as it's a Linux box it will perform better and it'll never need defragging. Windows just dumps files on a partition, Linux sorts and indexes it as it writes.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

It's a Linux file system, as it's a Linux box it will perform better and it'll never need defragging. Windows just dumps files on a partition, Linux sorts and indexes it as it writes.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3

Ok I should probably do that so. Can I do it from Enigma or does it have to be spark?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Anyway know why I can manually search and find BT Sport 1/2 but I can't find BT Sport 1/2 HD? The manual details that I key in are those on lyngsats website.

I'm using FreshPots image.

superg wrote: »
    Ok I should probably do that so. Can I do it from Enigma or does it have to be spark?

Only through telnet, booting to spark is the easiest option

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

guys, any insight into issue I posted last night? using freshpots image, when i go to oscam in the browser it comes up 403 denied access, when I look for softcam or similar in the plugins menu in enigma 2, nothing shows up. I know it may not be strictly ok to speak about this here, but would hugely appreciate a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Jaysus, what happened the other thread today?

(I don't want to start a discussion about it, as it may lead this thread down the garden path to....
    But seems a bit harsh. One bright side, folks won't have to keep doing the 'wrong thread' post over there anymore)

Anyway, nice weather we're having isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

hi zardoz any luck with alien 1 hyperion 4.5

Will try to upload by the end of the week ,just tweaking a few things.
    There is very little difference between 4 and 4.5 to be honest.

Edit:
    I updated the Alien 2 File Resource today
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91218557&postcount=3
    Added some new plugins,deleted a few old ones and tidied it up a bit.
    Also added a new section called Guides which will contain guides to setting up different things on the receiver like CrossEpg,How to use Dreambox Control Centre,Dreambox Edit etc .
    Hopefully this will reduce the number of people asking the same basic questions over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

If you have a look at the firmware thread you will get some pre-compiled backups made by other users to get you started, otherwise have a look at the plugins menu to download/install cooltv etc

The Phoenix arises from the ashes - the NEW FIRMWARE THREAD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I have my AA2 connected to my TV via the hdmi output I also want to use the scart output on the box to send the signal to another TV in the kitchen using an 5.8Ghz AV sender I may have have a problem in so far as will the box output both signals any recommendations please

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

championc wrote: »
    The Phoenix arises from the ashes - the NEW FIRMWARE THREAD :)

Cheers championc,

I wonder how long before someone there starts asking about c-lines and n-lines? Or "I can't see any Saorview Channels on my box and how do I change the order of my channels.."

Flex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Cheers championc,

I wonder how long before someone there starts asking about c-lines and n-lines? Or "I can't see any Saorview Channels on my box and how do I change the order of my channels.."

Flex
    Lads judging by the mods comments when the **** hit the fan on the firmware thread, the best thing we can all do if anyone new asks a bold question is to hit the report button and let the mod deal with it, if nobody replies to any dodgy questions then the thread will be left alone. Halo dare was only trying to help but ended up in the wars over it, just my tuppence worth, I personally would be screwed without being able to access these threads so long may they last!

how.gareth wrote: »
    Lads judging by the mods comments when the **** hit the fan on the firmware thread, the best thing we can all do if anyone new asks a bold question is to hit the report button and let the mod deal with it, if nobody replies to any dodgy questions then the thread will be left alone. Halo dare was only trying to help but ended up in the wars over it, just my tuppence worth, I personally would be screwed without being able to access these threads so long may they last!

Spot on. Right lads, any questions in the No Discussion Thread, then please Report them. That way, the mod can delete the posts too (I hope) which will keep the thread clean too

I have my AA2 connected to my TV via the hdmi output I also want to use the scart output on the box to send the signal to another TV in the kitchen using an 5.8Ghz AV sender I may have have a problem in so far as will the box output both signals any recommendations please

Hey @skippy

Consider the new Raspberry Pi Model B+ running XBMC. This will allow you to have full access to all stations on the AA2 independently of whatever station is being watched on the box itself. All you need is Powerline adapters to bring a network connection from your AA2 to your other location.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

ChampC, i think No Discussion needs a bigger font on firmware thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

phobia2011 wrote: »

If it could be bigger and maybe green and flashing should do the trick :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

championc wrote: »
    Hey @skippy

Consider the new Raspberry Pi Model B+ running XBMC. This will allow you to have full access to all stations on the AA2 independently of whatever station is being watched on the box itself. All you need is Powerline adapters to bring a network connection from your AA2 to your other location.

Thanks championc for coming back to me, will try your suggestion

Done - and in RED !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

how.gareth wrote: »

The previous thread to this one suffered a similar fate as you will remember. At the time leading up to it's closure, things got very frustrating. There were warnings from mods about topics of conversation, but how shall I put it, the lines were transcended several times, dispute the best efforts of the regular contributors here. I, for one was pretty pissed off when it was closed and the way it was closed, and just stayed away from here till recently.
    But since this thread started, in my opinion, the self regulation has been quite effective . any transcence of the line has not been entertained or encouraged. (Well done to those folks who kept the line!)
    My point is, that we shouldn't have to report posts/comments. Its not in the spirit of this thread. There will be stupid questions from folks who don't know the rules. Always has been, always will be. Folks tend to just plough in without reading back. If we start reporting them, then we are only highlighting to the Mods, that these questions are been asked. And asked here. If they get a series of these reports,they will get pretty pissed off quickly and could easily kill this whole topic.
    It did go a bit EastEnders on the other thread quite quickly. There was no need for it on either side. Resources like this must be kept alive. There is a lot of know how painfully gained on here, and it would be even more painfully gained without these threads.
    Long live the threads. (And free the Firmware 1!)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Slevster wrote: »
    ...in my opinion, the self regulation has been quite effective... My point is, that we shouldn't have to report posts/comments. Its not in the spirit of this thread. There will be stupid questions from folks who don't know the rules. Always has been, always will be. Folks tend to just plough in without reading back. If we start reporting them, then we are only highlighting to the Mods, that these questions are been asked.

I agree. The main problem anyway is people asking off-topic questions because they don't know or care that they are in the wrong thread. I'm not sure Mods here want posts being reported to them because they were simply off-topic. Maybe we just have to live with that. Personally I think a trusted regular contributor here should be given the power to move/delete posts that are inappropriate or off-topic. But maybe that's just a pipe-dream!

Flex

• Advertisement

Bigger font does nothing on mobile touch site. I've said before we need an active mod, not a Hitler, this is one of the busiest topics in this part of the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement