Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

championc wrote: »
    Check your Spark plugins again. You'll have two of the e2upgrade plugins now so you need to use the other one

Ahh right, cheers C

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

zefer wrote: »
    Ahh right, cheers C

if your loading new plugins on spark its better to delete the old copys of any your installing 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

NEW E2 flashing procedure for Amiko 7162 (Alien2) (Golden Media Triplex)

Start with this
    -download an E2 image
    -I presume you do have a decompression application installed on your laptop/PC (7-zip or so)
    -plug a USB memory stick into your PC/laptop
    -format it in FAT32, using Windows capabilities (cursor on the device > right click > format > quick format > FAT32 > OK)
    -double click on E2 image file - you should see (not always but most of the time) the content of the file - choose only the enigma2 folder and unpack it to the USB device you just formatted
    -if the compressed file does not have enigma2 folder, then create one on your USB stick and unpack the two files needed for flashing (uImage and e2jffs2.img) into it
    -unmount/eject the USB stick, take it out and go to your Alien1/2 receiver/multimedia centre

Preparation
    -switch off your Alien1/2 using the switch at the back of A1/2 (electricity off, not just to Standby!)
    -unplug all the USB devices from A1/2
    -plug in your USB stick with E2 for A1/2 - at the BACK USB port, in Alien2 case

Flash it!
    -press and hold the OK button on the A1/2 front panel, then switch A1/2 ON at the back, never letting go of the OK button
    -display should show you various messages, the last one being “FORC”
    -let go of OK button and press the V (arrow pointing downwards) button, just under the OK button
    -when display shows “ENIG” > press the arrow pointing to the right (the ">" button), as you face A1/2
    -you should see (briefly) "FACT" on your display, then U LD (it means "uploading"), then some numbers going fast (percentages of various parts of the image being uploaded)...
    -wait between 5-10 minutes maximum (if it lasts longer something's wrong and you should repeat the procedure, possibly using a different USB stick, plus check the files are OK)
    -when you see SUCC it means you "succeeded"

Finito!
    -when you see A1/2 display showing "BOOT" take out the USB stick
    -if A1/2 boots into the STANDBY mode (front display showing only the red lamp) then use your remote control unit (RCU) to start E2

Thanks to Gorski.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

thats simular to how you load the spark rescue image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

@givecredit, as mentioned before in enigma firmware thread, that's not a new way of flashing.

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    @givecredit, as mentioned before in enigma firmware thread, that's not a new way of flashing.

It will be new to most of the users on this thread. Now that the "proper" enigma 2 builds are in place we can now do backups in the enigma image and flash without the need for spark. No need to load plugin in spark.

The idea being that spark will eventually be removed from receiver when bootloader is cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭championc

givecredit wrote: »
    It will be new to most of the users on this thread. Now that the "proper" enigma 2 builds are in place we can now do backups in the enigma image and flash without the need for spark. No need to load plugin in spark.

The idea being that spark will eventually be removed from receiver when bootloader is cracked.

They'll need to crack the problem of this method only seeming to work with Kingston USB sticks before becomes a viable option. A huge amount of the old thread was taken up by this problem whereas we are 13 pages into the new thread and we are free of all flashing assistance. Sorry but I won't be updating this into post #2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OTTERSTOWN99

Being having a problem for last few weeks with internet on Alien Box using Engima. Cannot download plugins or do updates. Get error - wget: bad address
    I can see the box on Filezilla at 192.168.1.5 and internet in available on all other devices in the house. happens with all recent enigma backups posted here
    Anyone got any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Anyone got any ideas

How are you connecting the box to the net?

regular cat5 cable from router

• Advertisement

regular cat5 cable from router

Do you pass the network test in network.

yes

yes

Could be a dns issue, set a static ip and use Google dns 8.8.8.8 see if it fixes it

Anyone know how you go forward 24 hours in CrossEPG in mymetrix?

Press p+ p- to go forward/backwards 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Amiko box running enigma 2.

Was away all last week and returned to find that I have no picture but I have sound and my remote is not responsive. (I have replace batterys to no avail)

Sounds like a factory reset job?

Need to back up my oscam stuff first, which directory are those in?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I presume you have tried a cold boot, fixed it for me recently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭championc

Toplink wrote: »
    Amiko box running enigma 2.

Was away all last week and returned to find that I have no picture but I have sound and my remote is not responsive. (I have replace batterys to no avail)

Sounds like a factory reset job?

Need to back up my oscam stuff first, which directory are those in?

Delete your /media/hdd/crossepg directory

Sounds like you have run out of space. See my note in post #2

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

Could be a dns issue, set a static ip and use Google dns 8.8.8.8 see if it fixes it

Thanks to Same Old - google thing in DNS did the trick.

championc wrote: »
    Delete your /media/hdd/crossepg directory

Sounds like you have run out of space. See my note in post #2

Thanks mate.

That sorted the remote control problem.I'll create a cronjob to archive that stuff regularly.

I still dont have a picture though?

Thanks mate.

That sorted the remote control problem.I'll create a cronjob to archive that stuff regularly.

Scrap that...

I changed skin, rebooted again and picture is back. Happy days.

Thanks for all the help.

Next job is creating a favourite channel list.

• Advertisement

Thanks mate.

Scrap that...

I changed skin, rebooted again and picture is back. Happy days.

Thanks for all the help.

Next job is creating a favourite channel list.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Hi Folks,
    Haven't been around these parts for a while. like what ye done with the new thread. fair play.

There was a question on the old thread that I read weeks ago and meant to reply to. someone asked how to delete a character when using the remote to input text. use the << button (rewind).
    Another handy trick, if your box is not responding, press the power toggle button on the remote 5 times to reboot (in pli based images)

just did a backup, and realised that its been may since I did the last one (for V4. have tried other images, but haven't retained them). V4 is so stable compared to previous images (according to my archive of back ups)

Any way, keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

Trying to get pause to work on champs new image. Have timeshift plugin and activated it. The timer setting is recording but cannot pause tv.

Any idea on what to do?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

Trying to get pause to work on champs new image. Have timeshift plugin and activated it. The timer setting is recording but cannot pause tv.

Any idea on what to do?

Thanks
    Is permanent timeshift switched on in the settings menu?

Hi

Permanent timeshift is on and i have tried automatic and manual modes.

Got it working! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Got it working! Thanks.

What was it?

I had reformatted my hard drive to ext 3 from far32 so that could have slowed down recognition for awhile.

I opened timeshift in menu as well as the plugin but settings were the same so I am guessing it may have been the reformatting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

So you're back on Fat32?

• Advertisement

I had reformatted my hard drive to ext 3 from far32 so that could have slowed down recognition for awhile.

I opened timeshift in menu as well as the plugin but settings were the same so I am guessing it may have been the reformatting.

Plug the drive back into your Linux pc and make the movie and Timeshift directories. I've seen issues before where the box couldn't make the directories

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement