Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I agree. The main problem anyway is people asking off-topic questions because they don't know or care that they are in the wrong thread. I'm not sure Mods here want posts being reported to them because they were simply off-topic. Maybe we just have to live with that. Personally I think a trusted regular contributor here should be given the power to move/delete posts that are inappropriate or off-topic. But maybe that's just a pipe-dream!

Flex

I don't necessarily mean to report every post, but anything that mentions things we aren't allowed speak about should be reported so the mod can delete them, I don't see a thread being closed unless there is an actual discussion about banned subjects, people posting in the wrong thread is annoying but will always happen as they don't read the title properly and just post away. Fully agree that it would make life easier for the mod if we could regulate it ourselves but then they would be out of a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

how.gareth wrote: »
    I don't necessarily mean to report every post, but anything that mentions things we aren't allowed speak about should be reported so the mod can delete them, I don't see a thread being closed unless there is an actual discussion about banned subjects, people posting in the wrong thread is annoying but will always happen as they don't read the title properly and just post away. Fully agree that it would make life easier for the mod if we could regulate it ourselves but then they would be out of a job!

My guess is that reporting will annoy the mod and the thread will be shut down over time.
    The problem is with new posters posting questions they are not allowed ask, they are never answered (that I have seen) yet we have 2 threads closed.
    The threads have been closed because of reaction of posters to the mod warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

bappelbe wrote: »
    My guess is that reporting will annoy the mod and the thread will be shut down over time.
    The problem is with new posters posting questions they are not allowed ask, they are never answered (that I have seen) yet we have 2 threads closed.
    The threads have been closed because of reaction of posters to the mod warnings.

These are just suggestions...

Could Champs first post in this thread be changed to have a do's and don't when it comes to questions? I know it mentions card sharing but would something more details along the line of buzzwords such as *-line and all that goes with it.

Also in the new firmware thread, could the first post have a link to the closed thread as a resource for existing backup images that people have built?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Hi.

This is probably already covered in the thread but I could not find it.

How do I format my USB hard disk to use it on enigma2 for recording?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

rb25 wrote: »
    Hi.

This is probably already covered in the thread but I could not find it.

How do I format my USB hard disk to use it on enigma2 for recording?

boot into spark and use the format utility there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Nowso wrote: »
    boot into spark and use the format utility there

Where? I'm not seeing it. Is it in plugins somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

In Spark you go to System > PVR/HDD Setting or here's a post I left from May 2013 explaining how to do it in an Enigma2 image.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

For CampionC!

it might be just me but two of the links on the first post in the new firmware thread appear to be broken.

Looks like truncation has altered the target address.

Cant post the links to show as I am still classed as a new user.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭KaaaaaaPOW

thegreek wrote: »

Cant post the links to show as I am still classed as a new user.

Just take out the beginning of the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

On Hyperion 4.5 and suddenly a lot of the EPG isn't filling in on sat channels...Is there anything I can quickly reset to cure this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Griffinx wrote: »
    On Hyperion 4.5 and suddenly a lot of the EPG isn't filling in on sat channels...Is there anything I can quickly reset to cure this?

It's usually Autobouquets that causes this, do a full scan with clear before scan enabled then run CrossEPG again. This will not affect your bouquets

It's usually Autobouquets that causes this, do a full scan with clear before scan enabled then run CrossEPG again. This will not affect your bouquets

Cheers mass, that sorted that problem.

The other issue I'm having is with time shift. When I press pause, it doesn't actually pause but stutters along.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Cheers mass, that sorted that problem.

The other issue I'm having is with time shift. When I press pause, it doesn't actually pause but stutters along.

Are you using the baked in time shift or the plugin?

But check that your HDD is up to scratch. Use the blue panel to ensure that you have swap enabled. (And just check your free space also)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I've experienced my first green screen with Hyperion V4.5... I tried to do a full scan with clear before scan enabled but it keeps giving me a green screen???:(

........Personally I think a trusted regular contributor here should be given the power to move/delete posts that are inappropriate or off-topic. But maybe that's just a pipe-dream!

Flex

You are right of course. (Was that not asked at the time of the last thread closure/start of this one by someone here? Maybe only taked about)
    If someone here took it on, it could end up being be a bit of a pain for them. A lot of "why did you" and " that's not fair " accusations. Could be a regular EastEnders show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hey,

Using Hyperion 4.5 and trying to use DLNA and trying both dreamplex and the built in media player.

DLNA server works perfect.

I've attempted the mapping to allow direct play to work with varying degrees of success. First of all ti couldn't find the mapping and then when it did they video plays with "extra" CinemaScope black bars (squashed). When I used stream or transcode this didn't happen, but i also don't get smooth playback that way.

On the inbuilt media player when I browse to the /media/uPnP folder it will only read mp4 file and non or my other H264 files that I can see in dreamplex.

Anyone any ideas what is going wrong?

Also, dreamplex (among others) causes alot of green screens. The last one cuased my channel list to be wiped, luckily I had a backup of my DreamEdit files on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Just received my Alien2 plus and ran into a problem already. I am stuck on boot in enigma. Box will boot ok in spark. Have loaded a few images to try and clear it but still stuck. Read on here that I may need 1.2.51 firmware but cannot find it online. Would anyone have a copy of it to hand?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭KaaaaaaPOW

pissed wrote: »
    Just received my Alien2 plus and ran into a problem already. I am stuck on boot in enigma. Box will boot ok in spark. Have loaded a few images to try and clear it but still stuck. Read on here that I may need 1.2.51 firmware but cannot find it online. Would anyone have a copy of it to hand?

The PDF in every spark image download has the rescue image in it with instructions on how to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you are having problems with several images it is most likely you are doing something wrong when flashing them. If you are using the Spark plugin, it can seem to load ok but misses a bit if the enigma flash files or the folder containing them are wrongly named. Don't have any spaces or other weird characters in file/folder names. Make sure your USB for flashing is FAT32

EDIT: You can download more flash instructions here.

If you are having problems with several images it is most likely you are doing something wrong when flashing them. If you are using the Spark plugin, it can seem to load ok but misses a bit if the enigma flash files or the folder containing them are wrongly named. Don't have any spaces or other weird characters in file/folder names. Make sure your USB for flashing is FAT32

EDIT: You can download more flash instructions here.

Seems to be gone from bad to worse now. I downloaded the recovery spark image and the box seemed to go through the process of ld followed by a number sequence and eventually came to succ. But on the reboot its staying on load for some reason.

I had champions image working fine earlier and decided to try a different image and thats when the initial problems started. New to Amiko but have had Dreambox for a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Seems to be gone from bad to worse now. I downloaded the recovery spark image and the box seemed to go through the process of ld followed by a number sequence and eventually came to succ. But on the reboot its staying on load for some reason.

I had champions image working fine earlier and decided to try a different image and thats when the initial problems started. New to Amiko but have had Dreambox for a few years.
    Have you tried the FORC method mentioned in the makers instructions I linked to? That should get you running even without spark.

Have you tried the FORC method mentioned in the makers instructions I linked to? That should get you running even without spark.

Heres the steps I am doing.

Power off box at back
    hold front button and switch back on until FORC appears
    press button to right (while usb drive plugged in with recovery firmware)
    box goes through the motions until it reaches succ. Then just hangs on load.

Ah , I got back into spark. Tried a different USB key and it worked. Offering me updates now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 top girl

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Anyway know why I can manually search and find BT Sport 1/2 but I can't find BT Sport 1/2 HD? The manual details that I key in are those on lyngsats website.

I'm using FreshPots image.

Hi, I use freshpots image and it just shows BT non hd, so what I did was to click on the non-hd BT and then click on the red horizontal line at bottom of screen that says ALL. This shows all instances, scroll down to next page and you should see the HD versions. click, then click menu, then click add to bouquet and you're sorted.

I think you'll have to do that everytime you re-scan unless you can edit the channel list.

Slevster wrote: »
    Are you using the baked in time shift or the plugin?

But check that your HDD is up to scratch. Use the blue panel to ensure that you have swap enabled. (And just check your free space also)

HDD is up to scratch and swap is enabled and theres lots of free space.

I didn't know there was a separate time shift plugin so I guess I'm using baked in. Is the plugin better? What's its name?

HDD is up to scratch and swap is enabled and theres lots of free space.

I didn't know there was a separate time shift plugin so I guess I'm using baked in. Is the plugin better? What's its name?

There is a plugin called " permanent time shift" which I think is used in some of the backups on these threads. ( others may confirm)
    The baked in time shift on the PKT images has worked very well since v3.
    Check that your recording paths are OK. (menu-setup-system-harddrive-recording paths )

Check that "automatically start timeshift after" is set to whatever time eg 2 sec (menu-setup-system-user interface)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ancalagon

Hi, could someone please confirm what the button press path to change from HDMI to AV for latest image from Champion?

I have old CRT TV and just got a AA2 and I need to switch AA2 to AV output. I got the path for a older image but I am having issues getting the terrestrial channels to work in the older image and want to try the latest. The path I had for the older image isn't working for latest image by champion.

The path to switch to AV for earlier image was:-
    Menu > Up > Up > OK > OK > OK > Left > Green Button

probably something very similar to that.

thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Hi folks, what's the best way to run an fsck on an external 2Tb usb drive attached to the aa2? I'm getting some IO errors on some folders, looks like corruption.
    When the box is running, it's hard to umount the drive as there are many processes running on it.

Has anyone run an fsck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hi folks, what's the best way to run an fsck on an external 2Tb usb drive attached to the aa2? I'm getting some IO errors on some folders, looks like corruption.
    When the box is running, it's hard to umount the drive as there are many processes running on it.

Has anyone run an fsck?

Run a Linux live CD on your laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

I think you can boot into Spark and do it from there too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement