Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Thx.

I'm trying Spark firstly.
    Booted in Spark now but only see option to format the hdd.
    Anyone remember how to fsck in spark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Thx.

I'm trying Spark firstly.
    Booted in Spark now but only see option to format the hdd.
    Anyone remember how to fsck in spark?

I don't think it's possible in Spark, fsck is a command line tool which needs ssh or telnet

I don't think it's possible in Spark, fsck is a command line tool which needs ssh or telnet

Yeah looks like it's not an option.
    I had hoped there may have been an option to call the script from the spark GUI.
    I only use Linux at command line at work, can you recommend your favourite Linux distro and ill download and boot t that from my windows machine?

I had hoped there may have been an option to call the script from the spark GUI.
    I only use Linux at command line at work, can you recommend your favourite Linux distro and ill download and boot t that from my windows machine?

I use Fedora as my day to day OS but Ubuntu is probably the best to use as it's pretty much ready to run and being the most popular distro would have the best hardware support. 700MB CD image too, iirc Fedora is a 4.7GB DVD image. Why not just dual boot your Windows pc, would come in handy in times like this

I use Fedora as my day to day OS but Ubuntu is probably the best to use as it's pretty much ready to run and being the most popular distro would have the best hardware support. 700MB CD image too, iirc Fedora is a 4.7GB DVD image. Why not just dual boot your Windows pc, would come in handy in times like this

Thx.
    True but I could not be arsed messing around with partitions and boot loaders to dual boot.
    I might try and get it running on VMware.

• Advertisement

Thx.
    True but I could not be arsed messing around with partitions and boot loaders to dual boot.
    I might try and get it running on VMware.

No messing, the Ubuntu installer can do it all, resizes your Windows partition and then installs in the free space and adds grub bootloader giving you the option to boot to either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

I'm trying to make my box as kid friendly as I can,they are familiar with channel numbers as sky,so I have the bouquets set up the same.My problem is,is there a way I can change the timer setting for key presses when selecting a channel no to give them more time to select numbers on remote,because sometimes they only get to key in 2 digits before channel will change on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

amd64 wrote: »
    I'm trying to make my box as kid friendly as I can,they are familiar with channel numbers as sky,so I have the bouquets set up the same.My problem is,is there a way I can change the timer setting for key presses when selecting a channel no to give them more time to select numbers on remote,because sometimes they only get to key in 2 digits before channel will change on them.

Are you using open ATV? Hyper 4.5 seems to give you longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

jayo26 wrote: »
    Are you using open ATV? Hyper 4.5 seems to give you longer.

Using fresh pots 4.5 cos most stable.Give up on open atv just kept getting green screens

No messing, the Ubuntu installer can do it all, resizes your Windows partition and then installs in the free space and adds grub bootloader giving you the option to boot to either :D

Cool. Am just downloading the installer now.
    Must just make a bit of space for it on the hard drive and I will give it a blast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Using fresh pots 4.5 cos most stable.Give up on open atv just kept getting green screens

Yhh same here. 4.5 is brilliant.

Assigned a16gb partition to Ubuntu during the install and got the dual boot working no problem. Thx.

Just need to get the bootloader to default to Windows7 to keep the missus happy and I'll be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Yeah your right it can be called from Enigma though. I remember having trouble getting it to run as the drive was in use and thought I'd to boot to spark but thinking back I think I'd to disable anything that was using the disk like permanent time shift and then fsck could gain exclusive access.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

That's an interesting one.
    I wonder would the reverse of the fix for the slugging remote used in v4 help? Or at least tinkering with it.will have a look when home. (Memory ain't what it use to be, can not remember what the file is called)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Slevster wrote: »
    That's an interesting one.
    I wonder would the reverse of the fix for the slugging remote used in v4 help? Or at least tinkering with it.will have a look when home. (Memory ain't what it use to be, can not remember what the file is called)

I trawled through the previous posts, as I remember making that change to speed up the remote control responsiveness - linky
    cork_south wrote:
    I edited /etc/Lircd.conf and changed the eps values from 30 to 60 using winscp.

From memory, there were multiple properties whose property name ended with "eps".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I trawled through the previous posts, as I remember making that change to speed up the remote control responsiveness - linky

From memory, there were multiple properties whose property name ended with "eps".

Yeah if I remember correctly they were set to 30 eps and you need to change them all to 45 eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Yeah if I remember correctly they were set to 30 eps and you need to change them all to 45 eps.

Pkt changed the eps settings to 60 as default from Hyperion 4 on .
    Its correctly set

Remote response on Hyperion 4 and 4.5 is superb with default settings ,its something else in your setup causing the sluggishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Just something for UPC users here using the Cisco EPC3925 router.

To get the RTE Player plugin working, I had to login to the UPC router, typically at http://192.168.1.1.

Under the "Security" menu, set the "SPI Firewall" to "low".
    By default it was on "high", only allowing a handful of ports open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Zardoz wrote: »
    Pkt changed the eps settings to 60 as default from Hyperion 4 on .
    Its correctly set

Remote response on Hyperion 4 and 4.5 is superb with default settings ,its something else in your setup causing the sluggishness.

The remote's EPS settings were changed to improve sensitivity so you didn't need to point the remote directly at the box. AFAIK it has nothing to do with speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyway to get the epg to pop up a bit more lively? From button press to on screen for me is about 4-5 seconds. I can see it reading from the harddrive so I know its working but the wife is less patient and gets trigger happy on the button!

On freshpots image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

superg wrote: »
    Anyway to get the epg to pop up a bit more lively? From button press to on screen for me is about 4-5 seconds. I can see it reading from the harddrive so I know its working but the wife is less patient and gets trigger happy on the button!

On freshpots image.

Have you tried deleting all the old epg files? Usually speeds mine up big time

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Was there a crash on here? A message I posted earlier today about reprogramming the Amiko power button has disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

how.gareth wrote: »
    Have you tried deleting all the old epg files? Usually speeds mine up big time

I haven't but I'll give it a go, Can't be that many on there mind cos I only formatted the hard drive last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

The remote's EPS settings were changed to improve sensitivity so you didn't need to point the remote directly at the box. AFAIK it has nothing to do with speed.

oh. I had assumed that it was to do with the response time of the box to button presses on the remote. (and so , thought that they could be manipulated to find a balance that would allow AMD64's wee ones select the channels they want. eg change the eps from 60 back to 45)

Looks like amd64 will just have to replace the children!...or give them a week , and they'll be driving the remote like pro's.

(here is a back up of the conf file with all eps set to 45.This is the one from V4, but on a quick scan, it appears the same as v4.5 bar the eps settings. you can fts it across to the /etc folder and rename as "lircd.conf". But as always, take a backup of the original lircd file first! you can try it, but , it may be as Gerry said above, so may only be related to its sensitivity)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Griffinx wrote: »
    Was there a crash on here? A message I posted earlier today about reprogramming the Amiko power button has disappeared
    Post it again :-)

superg wrote: »

On freshpots image.

I've the same issue. It take just long enough to be annoying and I've changed to an SSD with no real improvement. Anyone else have an issue changing the button assignments in the Coolguide/EPG? Mine are lost after a reboot.

Is there anyway to get feedback that a remote signal has been recieved? I've an AA2 and an icon on the VFD blinks but the AA2+ is missing this just wondering if their is a way to add it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi, I have two wifi dongles that are picked up in spark but dont show on the enigma side. Is there anything that has to be enabled so that they are detected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

How do I reset the resolution? I hit the wrong thing in the settings and the Alien 2 ended up spitting out an unsupported signal, how do I fix this?

Edit: My OS is enigma 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

pissed wrote: »
    Hi, I have two wifi dongles that are picked up in spark but dont show on the enigma side. Is there anything that has to be enabled so that they are detected?

you need to activate the railset 5370 wifi drivers in enigma 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement