Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

How do I reset the resolution? I hit the wrong thing in the settings and the Alien 2 ended up spitting out an unsupported signal, how do I fix this?

Edit: My OS is enigma 2.

I should point out that all I see is black and the tv telling me it is an "Unsupported signal", it is a 2014 1080p Sony TV so I don't understand why it is out of range!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hey,

Using FreshPots image pausing tv works fine, but I cannot fast forward or rewind. When I press fast forward it brings up the History Zap menu instead.

The only way to fast forward is to push F1, which brings up a help menu and then scroll down to find Seek Froward or Backward and press ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I fixed my issue by going to /etc/enigma2/settings and changing the wizard to true.

This stuff is very hard to google and I'm a software dev! I wonder how other people manage this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Anyone got good picons - the channel logos - the one's I've downloaded from the streams seem to be missing some logos and they look a bit... like they'v been done in MS paint

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Kurn wrote: »
    Anyone got good picons - the channel logos - the one's I've downloaded from the streams seem to be missing some logos and they look a bit... like they'v been done in MS paint

Did you try the Alien 2 File resource ?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

• Advertisement

did not know about that - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

techdiver wrote: »
    Hey,

Using FreshPots image pausing tv works fine, but I cannot fast forward or rewind. When I press fast forward it brings up the History Zap menu instead.

The only way to fast forward is to push F1, which brings up a help menu and then scroll down to find Seek Froward or Backward and press ok.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93977197&postcount=2450

I fixed my issue by going to /etc/enigma2/settings and changing the wizard to true.

This stuff is very hard to google and I'm a software dev! I wonder how other people manage this stuff.

That's why this thread , its predecessor, and the firmware threads are here.
    Well done on finding your fix. Good to know

Anyone any ideas, I enabled timeshift on my box, it's set to the Hard drive, which I checked and it was recording there, then the box freezes, it lets me change over but all channels showing nothing BBC ITV etc, I have rebooted a few times but even the time is wrong stuck at 00:00 . The hour "working" incon appears every few seconds- any ideas?

Anyone any ideas, I enabled timeshift on my box, it's set to the Hard drive, which I checked and it was recording there, then the box freezes, it lets me change over but all channels showing nothing BBC ITV etc, I have rebooted a few times but even the time is wrong stuck at 00:00 . The hour "working" incon appears every few seconds- any ideas?

What image are you using?

• Advertisement

open tv that it came with preinstalled. The date has also reverted bact to 1/1/1

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
    Distro: openatv
    Firmware version: 4.2.1
    Driver date: 20141227
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0216
    Gui version: 2015-02-12

open tv that it came with preinstalled. The date has also reverted bact to 1/1/1

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
    Distro: openatv
    Firmware version: 4.2.1
    Driver date: 20141227
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0216
    Gui version: 2015-02-12

Folks here have reported issues with atv , while recording,(which time shift,is). If you read back, a bit.( around Christmas time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Slevster wrote: »
    Folks here have reported issues with atv , while recording,(which time shift,is). If you read back, a bit.( around Christmas time)
    Thats right
    While recording if the recording was stopped manually the channels would go black
    The box would change channels as usual but no picture or sound
    A reboot ( full shut down ) would normally bring it back though

Thanks I did a full shutdown and reboot, checked under sat finder and it says 0% on all inputs - so i imagine the dish must have moved and setting up timeshift just a coincidence..., went out back and indeed the hedge has been cut around it, but it was working perfectly an hour ago.., also plugged in a sky box and no signal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Has anyone looked into changing the function of the red power button on the Amiko remote. I'd like to use it to cycle power on the TV instead of the Alien box...a bit like using the sky remote to switch on the TV

Thanks I did a full shutdown and reboot, checked under sat finder and it says 0% on all inputs - so i imagine the dish must have moved and setting up timeshift just a coincidence..., went out back and indeed the hedge has been cut around it, but it was working perfectly an hour ago.., also plugged in a sky box and no signal. :(

Oops. A quick snip of the cables then. You'll be needing some f type joiners then

Griffinx wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into changing the function of the red power button on the Amiko remote. I'd like to use it to cycle power on the TV instead of the Alien box...a bit like using the sky remote to switch on the TV

Have you looked at the hdmi-cec manager n the blue panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robbie60

i have a sab uni triple & i cannot get any picture or sound,the led on the stb shows the channel name and will answer the remote.i feel the reason could be that i am using a scart lead and i am using an older tv.i have used a hdmi on a flat screen tv to no avail.i have tried a scart with a rca plugs. any help would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

robbie60 wrote: »
    i have a sab uni triple & i cannot get any picture or sound,the led on the stb shows the channel name and will answer the remote.i feel the reason could be that i am using a scart lead and i am using an older tv.i have used a hdmi on a flat screen tv to no avail.i have tried a scart with a rca plugs. any help would be appreciated

Had a similar problem with my Sab box. It doesn't output to Scart by default. You need to hook it up to the flat screen on HDMI and then configure the A/V settings to use Scart. I can't remember the exact menu options, but it's not that difficult to work out.

hi zardoz any luck with alien 1 hyperion 4.5

Here it is
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrebpmrcfotpkjs/AABdlKi29vezpPQ58fkCqCiea?dl=0
    I'm uploading a copy of my Hyperion 4.5 backup for the Alien 1 aka Alien 8900 aka Golden Media Reloaded 990 aka Sab Solo.

I've included a few mods and tweaks in this image to improve performance.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are louder and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    You will no longer have to increase the volume levels on your tv to high levels and the fix doesn't distort the audio.

The tuxtext.ttf file has also been replaced,the teletext font is alot more rounded,larger and easier on the eye ,unlike the inbuilt teletext which is designed for eastern european languages.

History Zap Selector is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button or Recall)
    Use 0 to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button mapping configurations and settings .

It is configured for 28e and all picons are installed as is an up to date channel list inc some Iptv links.
    Autobouquets (most recent version) is installed if you'd prefer to use this .

The following plugins are installed and working well:
    AutoTimer,AutoVolumeAdjustment,CacheFlush,CrossEPG 0.8.1,CoolTVGuide v7.3 (opens on EPG),RTE Player,1channel (latest version),IPTV List Updater,and WebInterface

Oscam is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file.
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam
    FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

Crossepg 0.8.1 is configured to update when the box is in standby .

It is running PLi-HD skin but there are a few other skins to try if you dont like that.
    Plenty of free flash space to install other plugins .
    The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,the Alien 1 has alot more free memory than the Alien 2 so it doesn't rely on a Swap file very often which improves performance.
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    thank you very much sir for all ur work

hi zardos autobouquets most recent version is not working.have u got a link to the previous one or anybody else.all channel numbers are 1 2 3 etc

Zardoz wrote: »
    also how do u turn off that stupid audio narrator on this image its doing my head in on most channels

also how do u turn off that stupid audio narrator on this image its doing my head in on most channels

Press the red button for audio and change the audio from nar .
    Reboot to store audio choice for the future.

I thought I had sorted that in the bouquets ,went through most of them one by one .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Morning All,
    Just been offered two NBox 5800sx receivers for silly money. Anyone know anything about them or if Hyperion is available for them? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi,

I am trying, without success to get media streaming working correctly.

I have mounted my media share drives on the box and can play the files, but any files with DTS won't output any audio what so ever.

AC3 etc works fine and is down mixed to stereo, but no DTS file will play.

Any suggestions?

It's also funny that the only way I can get media streaming to work is though a network mount. The minidlna client is useless and only places a .m3u file in place of all my mkv's.

Dreamplex won't use the mount mappings I created for Direct local playback, even though the same mappings are accessible from the internal player. it always gives me an error stating it cannot locate the local file and then plays transcoded (which depending on the file will only partially work, or not work at all).

Has there been a build of OpenAtv 4.3 released for the Alien 1/2 or is 4.2 the most up to date build ?

I can only seem to find 4.2 in the nightly builds .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Sorry for slight diversion but does anyone know if the Amiko mini combo or the HD8260+ can run enigma2?

Looking for a second box for the bedroom, need one with one DVB-S/S2 tuner and one DVB-T/2 tuner built in but would like 7 day epg and the other stuff enigma2 brings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

superg wrote: »
    Sorry for slight diversion but does anyone know if the Amiko mini combo or the HD8260+ can run enigma2?

Looking for a second box for the bedroom, need one with one DVB-S/S2 tuner and one DVB-T/2 tuner built in but would like 7 day epg and the other stuff enigma2 brings.

No, they are closed source boxes, only the Alien is dual boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭firemansam1

Hi,

My satellite listing is blank in my EPG.

The channels are shown but the listings accross are blank.

Any ideas why this might be or any suggestions as to what my settings should be.

Thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement