Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Hi,

My satellite listing is blank in my EPG.

The channels are shown but the listings accross are blank.

Any ideas why this might be or any suggestions as to what my settings should be.

Thanks in advance
    When was the last time you ran cross epg
    Usually
    Menu
    plugins
    crossepg
    should be an option to download database
    then reload

What image are you using ?
    openATV
    Hyperion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭firemansam1

went into menu as you suggested.

when you go to crossepg it automatically downloads something or other (very quickly). still no epg on sat channels.

is there some setting I should have changed in order for the epg to keep up to date.

All was working fine for the last two to three weeks since I setup.

not sure what image im using as I was emailed the files by someone else.

how can I find the image type/name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Morning All,
    Just been offered two NBox 5800sx receivers for silly money. Anyone know anything about them or if Hyperion is available for them? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Provided they have been physically modded to run Enigma 2 then yes you can install Hyperion 4 or 4.5 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

when you go to crossepg it automatically downloads something or other (very quickly). still no epg on sat channels.

Same has happened to me, I'm using Zardoz' H4 image, hdd is working fine for recording but epg won't load, either in standby or by 'download now' command.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Same has happened to me, I'm using Zardoz' H4 image, hdd is working fine for recording but epg won't load, either in standby or by 'download now' command.

Hmm.
    The epg may have become too big or corrupted;0.8.1 is a bit finicky.
    Ftp into the receiver ,and delete the epg.dat file on the hard drive
    Then rerun Cross Epg.

• Advertisement

is there some setting I should have changed in order for the epg to keep up to date.

All was working fine for the last two to three weeks since I setup.

not sure what image im using as I was emailed the files by someone else.

how can I find the image type/name
    Do you have a hard drive attached
    In crossepg / configure where is it saving to ? should be HDD
    From memory I think it downloads around 14mb data

did you try reload

you could try using DCC dreambox contol center and erase the cross EPG folder and then redownload again in crossepg

As for what image your using you can get a hint from the startup what does it say when starting up
    Does it say openatv
    or hyperion

Too slow typing :-)

do you have to set something to get rid of old epg ie. previous days etc or would that be anything to do with it.

something flashed up on screen a few minutes ago about cache flush complete and now the Sat guide is back all though not fully complete

do you have to set something to get rid of old epg ie. previous days etc or would that be anything to do with it.

something flashed up on screen a few minutes ago about cache flush complete and now the Sat guide is back all though not fully complete
    do you have a usb drive attached ?
    Sometimes it may take a restart to populate the epg fully

hard drive formatted to ext 3 attached

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Did anyone take over from Rats for picons or is there another updater plugin available?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Slevster wrote: »
    oh. I had assumed that it was to do with the response time of the box to button presses on the remote. (and so , thought that they could be manipulated to find a balance that would allow AMD64's wee ones select the channels they want. eg change the eps from 60 back to 45)

Looks like amd64 will just have to replace the children!...or give them a week , and they'll be driving the remote like pro's.

(here is a back up of the conf file with all eps set to 45.This is the one from V4, but on a quick scan, it appears the same as v4.5 bar the eps settings. you can fts it across to the /etc folder and rename as "lircd.conf". But as always, take a backup of the original lircd file first! you can try it, but , it may be as Gerry said above, so may only be related to its sensitivity)

Tried one of your suggestions (for now) of adjusting eps but it does seem to be for angle of the remote,but thanks anyway.
    If my first channel starts at 101 is there a way to stop it changing to that channel if you only enter 2 digits on remote,its only a minor thing but if you enter a channel number thats not valid can you get it to just stay on present channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

Hi, could anyone tell me how to install fresh pots image onto the aa2 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Anyone know an easy way yo setup a timer to restart this box say every night, have seen multiple enigma 2 suggestions but either the file structure is different or it doesn't work. Is there a plugin that will possibly do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Redman84 wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone tell me how to install fresh pots image onto the aa2 please.
    Read the beginning of this thread.

Thanks Gerry, I don't see any plugin folder tho, just the e2jffs2 and uimage, is that all I need?

I got sorted thank you, one problem tho is I can't connect to the box with FileZilla. With openatv I had no problem

Redman84 wrote: »
    I got sorted thank you, one problem tho is I can't connect to the box with FileZilla. With openatv I had no problem
    Are you using the correct user /PW?
    If memory serves....
    user = "root"
    PW= "pkteam"

Are you using the correct user /PW?
    If memory serves....
    user = "root"
    PW= "pkteam"

Had the wrong password, thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Anyone know an easy way you can setup a timer to restart this box say every night, have seen multiple enigma 2 suggestions but either the file structure is different or it doesn't work. Is there a plugin that will possibly do this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Anyone using a NAS bay with the Freshpots 4.5?

I have had serious difficulty i the past mounting/accessing my NAS server so I am reluctant to switch if its going to be a pain to get working.

darth_maul wrote: »
    Anyone know an easy way you can setup a timer to restart this box say every night, have seen multiple enigma 2 suggestions but either the file structure is different or it doesn't work. Is there a plugin that will possibly do this
    Why would you want to reboot every night? There is an cache flush option in the blue panel if that's what you are trying to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

jayo26 wrote: »
    No if you do a factory reset in enigma 2 it resets your image back to the start but this will delete all your channels and settings ect

What if you do a factory reset in Spark?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

cyndale wrote: »
    What if you do a factory reset in Spark?:rolleyes:

Good question lol from what I know they are seperate also. When I got my box first the spark side of it crashed and I had to do a fresh install of it but it didn't effect my enigma setup

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

looking at the alien or sab boxes on freetv.ie as a second box for bedroom. i have vu+solo2 running vix which is a great bit of kit.
    any advice appreciated as i can't afford to buy another vu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

thevaper wrote: »
    looking at the alien or sab boxes on freetv.ie as a second box for bedroom. i have vu+solo2 running vix which is a great bit of kit.
    any advice appreciated as i can't afford to buy another vu
    i have alien8900 and sab unix in other rooms and its perfect.great value for money.also they are single tuners

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

thevaper wrote:
    looking at the alien or sab boxes on freetv.ie as a second box for bedroom. i have vu+solo2 running vix which is a great bit of kit. any advice appreciated as i can't afford to buy another vu

Vu+ zero?

Im looking at one of these myself for a bedroom. Have my alien in the living room but it will eventually move when I can afford a vu+ duo2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

superg wrote: »
    Vu+ zero?

Im looking at one of these myself for a bedroom. Have my alien in the living room but it will eventually move when I can afford a vu+ duo2

Have you guys checked out the new optimus boxs they have there. They looks brilliant in terms of hardware compared to the others think the price range is about 180?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I haven't Jayo but I will do, need to make a decision soon. Got a link?

Ta.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have you guys checked out the new optimus boxs they have there. They looks brilliant in terms of hardware compared to the others think the price range is about 180?

The Optimuss are more than 180 ,its 225 for the twin tuner or 254 for the triple.
    Same hardware as the Technomate TM Nano 3T Combo.
    Very similar spec wise to the Gigablue Quad and the Solo 2 .
    Look a really nice receiver.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement