Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

championc wrote: »
    I'm also deligted to report that the nice guys over in OpenATV have fixed the running of backround jobs (CrossEPG and AutoTimer). I use both and neither were working but both appear to be OK after the latest online updates.

Nice one.
    I believe the latest update also fixes the recording tuner timeout issues by replacing the pti.ko file so you can watch Saorview and record satellite or vica versa .
    So if you use my image, go into Menu > Setup > Software Management and update it. There may well be up to 150 files to be updated, but it will be worth it smile.png

Will the updates install properly,I thought people said that installing updates was causing issues and sluggishness ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Zardoz wrote: »
    Nice one.
    I believe the latest update also fixes the recording tuner timeout issues by replacing the pti.ko file so you can watch Saorview and record satellite or vica versa.

I'll try it out tonight if I get access to it :)
    Will the updates install properly,I thought people said that installing updates was causing issues and sluggishness ?

I only do updates now and again. So I could be doing one after several weeks in the middle. All seems fine.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Hi lads, crossEPG 0.8.1 has stopped working on my SAB triple box, it had been working great for months & downloading to a 4gb usb stick but since last Thursday 5/3/15 Im not getting any epg, I tried all epg providers available in the menus one at a time & they appier to be downloading data but no epg info is there on completion, I even tried a new usb stick but problem persists.
    I'm losing my sanity trying to figure out whats going wrong:mad:.
    What are the correct settings for cross epg & what config/format should the usb stick have, I'm using the Zardos Hyperion 4 image he posted last year.
    I did notice that last week that the audio some of my channels changed to the narration setting which I fixed.

lensman wrote: »
    Hi lads, crossEPG 0.8.1 has stopped working on my SAB triple box, it had been working great for months & downloading to a 4gb usb stick but since last Thursday 5/3/15 Im not getting any epg, I tried all epg providers available in the menus one at a time & they appier to be downloading data but no epg info is there on completion, I even tried a new usb stick but problem persists.
    I'm losing my sanity trying to figure out whats going wrong:mad:.
    What are the correct settings for cross epg & what config/format should the usb stick have, I'm using the Zardos Hyperion 4 image he posted last year.
    I did notice that last week that the audio some of my channels changed to the narration setting which I fixed.

Sometimes the epg.dat file can get corrupted and may need to be deleted by ftping into the receiver.

You said you tried a new usb stick which should work ,usually format it in ext3 .

Have you crossepg configured to the usb drive and not the internal flash ?

Yeah, I tried all of your suggestions over the last few days, crossepg is configured to HDD, the only other option is internal flash, disk menu says it's ext3, it's a 16gb stick fat32, I just can't get my head around why it's F'd up as I didn't change anything, just to be sure how do I format the stick in ext3?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I tried all of your suggestions over the last few days, crossepg is configured to HDD, the only other option is internal flash, disk menu says it's ext3, it's a 16gb stick fat32, I just can't get my head around why it's F'd up as I didn't change anything, just to be sure how do I format the stick in ext3?

Strange lensman ,quite odd.
    You can format it in spark or on a pc with relevant software.
    I think Crossepg will work with fat32 too.

Did you try reinstalling Crossepg ?

Did you try reinstalling Crossepg ? no not yet, can it be done from the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Ok guys here is a copy of a Hyperion 4.5 backup I made for the Alien 2 aka Golden Media Triplex aka Sab Triple

Its quite similar to my Hyperion 4 backup but has a few slight changes but its mostly the same .

I've included a few mods and tweaks in this image to improve performance over the basic Hyperion 4.5 build.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are 60% louder than the stock Hyperion image and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    Also included is the alternative audio.elf file by Muitler to improve sound playback via an amp .
    This doesnt provide dts audio playback so I am enclosing the original audio.elf file too (it goes in /boot)

Improved tuxtext.ttf file for a better teletext font.

History Zap Selector v1.8 is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button or Recall)
    Use 0 to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button mapping configurations and settings .

It is configured for 28 East Satellite and Saorview ,all picons are installed (usr/local/share/enigma2 )as is an up to date channel list inc some Iptv links.
    An upto date satellites.xml file covering 30w to 45e is also installed.

Autobouquets (Sept 29 2014 build) is installed if you'd prefer to use this to generate channel lists,its configured for the Republic of Ireland but its easy to change..

Installed Plugins
    AutoTimer
    Autobouquets
    Automatic Volume Adjustment
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1 ( configured to update when the box is in standby )
    CoolTVGuide v7.3 (opens on EPG,Green button also opens Single EPG)
    RTE Player
    1channel (latest version;wont work in certain countries due to isp blocking)
    IPTV List Updater v1.63
    Enhanced Movie Centre
    Media Portal v6.76
    Media Player
    History Zap Browser
    Open Web Interface

Softcam
    Oscam v10000 is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file with your details
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam

FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

I've set the default skin as PLi-HD but there are a few other skins to try inc Sky Blue HD ,if you'd prefer.
    Plenty of free flash space to install other plugins .
    I tried to keep an average free memory of ~15Mb in normal usage so didnt install too many superfluous plugins

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 2 months .
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

Is EMU manager plugin included?

Better question would be to ask if blue panel is in this image?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Hi guys

I'm having a weird problem with CrossEPG nightly update on AA2+ Hyperion 4.5. I have it setup to do an update at 4am but this is not happening. The box is in standby at the time. A manual download works successfully every time.

Last night I did a test where I scheduled the update for 20:27, set the box for standby and waited. The update happened successfully. Set it back to update at 04:00 and sure enough nothing happened at that time.

The timestamps on my files are as follows:

spark7162:/media/hdd/crossepg# ls -lt
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7753225 Mar 10 05:02 epg.dat
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1324 Mar 10 04:00 crossepg.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7658622 Mar 9 20:27 ext.epg.dat
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 18 Mar 9 20:27 crossepg.aliases.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4970226 Mar 9 20:27 crossepg.headers.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1489966 Mar 9 20:27 crossepg.indexes.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 74619202 Mar 9 20:27 crossepg.descriptors.db

The crossepg.log shows that the update started but no bytes were read:

spark7162:/media/hdd/crossepg# cat crossepg.log
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 SIFTeam CrossEPG Downloader 0.6.2 (svn 268) (c) 2009-2011 Sandro Cavazzoni (http://code.google.com/p/crossepg/)
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 This software is distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License v2.1
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Interactive: OPEN cmd received
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 EPGDB opened (root=/media/hdd/crossepg)
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Clearing old aliases...
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Loaded 0 aliases
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Adding new aliases...
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Completed
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Interactive: OK action sent
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Interactive: WAIT cmd received
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Interactive: DOWNLOAD cmd received
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Started OpenTV events download
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Reading dictionary '/var/crossepg/providers/skyuk_astra2_28.2.dict' ...
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Completed. Read 512 values
    10/03/2015 04:00:07 Reading channels...
    10/03/2015 04:00:18 Read 908 channels
    10/03/2015 04:00:18 Reading titles...
    10/03/2015 04:00:29 Read 0 bytes
    10/03/2015 04:00:29 Parsing titles...
    10/03/2015 04:00:29 Titles parsed
    10/03/2015 04:00:29 Reading summaries...
    10/03/2015 04:00:39 Read 0 bytes
    10/03/2015 04:00:39 Parsing summaries...
    10/03/2015 04:00:39 Summaries parsed
    10/03/2015 04:00:39 Ended OpenTV events download
    10/03/2015 04:00:43 Interactive: QUIT cmd received

My one suspicion is that the HDD may be asleep at 4am and does not wake, meaning a failed update. This would explain why the 20:27 update worked as I had just stopped watching a file off the HDD. Could anything else explain this?

Is EMU manager plugin included?

Better question would be to ask if blue panel is in this image?

Yes,of course ,its built in to all Hyperion images .
    Did you try reinstalling Crossepg ? no not yet, can it be done from the box?

Yes,go to plugins and press red button to uninstall Crossepg ,then reboot and reinstall via download plugins server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Strange lensman ,quite odd.
    You can format it in spark or on a pc with relevant software.
    I think Crossepg will work with fat32 too.

Did you try reinstalling Crossepg ?

Hi mate do u mind me asking is there a stand alone file for 1channel anywhere I think I seen it before but cant remember where. I'm using freshpots image hyp 4.5 but I don't wanna go flashing a new image just for one addon because its been running perfect and I've it set up the way we like it. Cheers in advance.

Edit: Ok ignore ha I realised I seen it in the plug in downloads menu.

Yes,of course ,its built in to all Hyperion images .

Yes,go to plugins and press red button to uninstall Crossepg ,then reboot and reinstall via download plugins server.
    I've F'd up the box now, tried to install your latest HYP 4.5 backup but now the box is stuck on boot, I followed the 2 stage setup in spark & the set enigma as default but it BOOT stays on display & goes no further,....H E L P

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hi mate do u mind me asking is there a stand alone file for 1channel anywhere I think I seen it before but cant remember where. I'm using freshpots image hyp 4.5 but I don't wanna go flashing a new image just for one addon because its been running perfect and I've it set up the way we like it. Cheers in advance.

Edit: Ok ignore ha I realised I seen it in the plug in downloads menu.

Its in here m8
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/exzuattrkvu15u8/AABKph82qeWMw6Odzqnpw5LRa?dl=0

The 1channel file on the downloads server is ancient ,this is the latest version.
    I've F'd up the box now, tried to install your latest HYP 4.5 backup but now the box is stuck on boot, I followed the 2 stage setup in spark & the set enigma as default but it BOOT stays on display & goes no further,....H E L P

Did you flash the box using the spark plugin and did you have the firmware files on the root of the usb drive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Just a quick one for Zardoz,

I have to have my volume set extraordinarily high on my tv running your Hyp' 4.0. Will 4.5 take away the need for this?

Also some channels are a lot louder than others and I have to up/down volume as soon as I change change channel, will 4.5 sort this as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Its in here m8
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/exzuattrkvu15u8/AABKph82qeWMw6Odzqnpw5LRa?dl=0

The 1channel file on the downloads server is ancient ,this is the latest version.

Did you flash the box using the spark plugin and did you have the firmware files on the root of the usb drive ?

I'll check it out mate the one on server was giving me greenscreens alright, I love 1channel its all I use on xbmc most the time I I can get it on the amiko makes live easier

Imstuck wrote: »
    Just a quick one for Zardoz,

I have to have my volume set extraordinarily high on my tv running your Hyp' 4.0. Will 4.5 take away the need for this?

Also some channels are a lot louder than others and I have to up/down volume as soon as I change change channel, will 4.5 sort this as well?

My backups are louder than the default Hyperion images by 60% ,the levels are the same as in other images like HDMU and Openatv ,they also use the 60% boost via the amixer function.
    You can increase this further yourself if you so wish but my backup is just as loud as any other .
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90723300&postcount=264

The reason some channels are louder than other is because ac3 (dolby digital) audio channels are lower than mp3.

Are you using the automatic volume adjustment plugin properly,you are supposed to increase the volume on your alien remote to 60% on mp3 audio channels and it will automatically boost it to 100% on ac3 channels so as the levels should be around the same volume.
    Do not increase the audio to 100% on your amiko for mp3 channels .

I need a break now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

hi lads, box has hit a stall on the boot screen, sly hd just displayed but not booting, do i just head to spark and reload image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

phobia2011 wrote: »
    hi lads, box has hit a stall on the boot screen, sly hd just displayed but not booting, do i just head to spark and reload image?

It's good to have a clean backup for times like this, I always do it with every image, get it setup to my own liking and then backup.

This is what I now have on the usb stick, I was trying to do it from memory & I didn't have the plugin folder, just the 2 files (uImage & e2jffs2.img)
    folder-structure.jpg
    can I replace the 2 files above with your Hyperion 4.5 backup files of the same name?......Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

phobia2011 wrote: »

Can you ping your box on the IP you always get ? If so, you're still alive and I would guess it's down to CrossEPG problems. So use Filezilla, FTP into the box and delete the WHOLE CrossEPG folder. Deleting the WHOLE folder can do no harm whatsoever.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Advertisement

Is it possible to delete the epg by using the webif 8888???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Slevster wrote: »
    The double edge sword of auto bouquets!
    Disable or curtail its update schedule........... One of the best things about this box and these systems is the ability to arrange channels as you want them, not as sky has them for commercial reasons. Eg put all the bbc s together. FTA channels really don't change their freq , bar adding a HD version or the likes. Use dreambox edit to create bouquet s as you want them. Eg I watched the Connacht game on BBC wales earlier. I have it and BBC alba and BBC ni in a bouquet so I can watch the pro12 games easily.......

Edit only seeing post above by superg. As he said!

Thanks, I figured it was autobouquets. I'm trying to get the box in a foolproof setup, so that button 1 is always rte1 saorview, down through the other saorview channels and then the sat ones, grouped as I like them, including. Alba and the others for the pro12. After that I want the timeshift to work as it does on my old Edision box so that I can pause the 6 news until dinner is over. Then to be able to record the odd program while watching a different channel, ( I assume though that it has to a different tuner, so no recording and watching different saorviws, which is not a problem as the tv has its own tuner). I thought it would have a Web browser plugin, so I'm open to suggestions on how to install that. I've a 1 Tb usb Drive plugged in, Is this the best place to store epg or should I use a usb stick for this. I cut my teeth on SPARK, but it has this critical flaw whereby RTE1 +1 crashes the box if selected before its transmission time (7.00), so its not a runner. When all is perfect the box will be launched to replace the trusty Edision mini. It has to work seamlessly, else the other resident might throw a wobbler.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Thanks for all your help to those who have responded so far!

I bought my box with enigma 2 pre installed.

I just want to get to use the pli hd skin so I can see the picture preview/thumbnail in the epg somewhere and its a nice neat skin. I'm a complete newbie.

Anybody kind enough to give me a step by step to get the pli hd skin installed?

i tried downloading from my plug ins myself but once it was downloaded it disappeared or is sitting somewhere that I cant access.

On these threads "Champion" i think (don't quote me) says that once I have downloaded the skin that i need to click on 'menu=>setup=>system=>skins" but there is no "skins" option once I go into system.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. I have the box connected through ethernet and all fine on connection test etc.

do i need to create a skins folder or something on my usb/hd?

A walkthrough or any pointers in the right direction would be IMMENSELY appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance.

This is what I now have on the usb stick, I was trying to do it from memory & I didn't have the plugin folder, just the 2 files (uImage & e2jffs2.img)
    folder-structure.jpg
    can I replace the 2 files above with your Hyperion 4.5 backup files of the same name?......Thanks again

You only need those 2 files on the usb drive ,yes ,you can replace them with my files.

You upgrade the image from a plugin within Spark ,see here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83252495&postcount=2

How did you flash the box before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Do not increase the audio to 100% on your amiko for mp3 channels .

I've been wondering about that for a while. I always use the AA2 remote to put it's volume to MAX and then I actually set the volume I want to hear from the TV by using the TV remote. Could this damage the AA2 somehow?

Cheers,

Flex

I've been wondering about that for a while. I always use the AA2 remote to put it's volume to MAX and then I actually set the volume I want to hear from the TV by using the TV remote. Could this damage the AA2 somehow?

Cheers,

Flex

It wont damage the AA2 :D but it will mean a big difference between ac3 and mp3 audio channels which is unwanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

deezell wrote: »
    ......After that I want the timeshift to work as it does on my old Edision box so that I can pause the 6 news until dinner is over. .....
    Why pause the news? Would it not be easier to simply record it and then jump through it as you wish? It would be easy to set up a recurring timer for 6/9 each evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Because I don't even have to pause it if it's on time shift, so if dinner runs past 6, just quickly rewind to start, then watch. This has the advantage of being able to jump the ad breaks, so by 7 we've usually caught up just in time for Nationwide (Ugh!, time to go in the other room and fiddle with the Sab). SHMBO likes it this way, the less button presses the better. If I think of it on time I run up and press the pause button at 6, then just hit play after the nosh. If I set it on record don't I have to wait until the recording is over at 7 to play it back? I think that's how it works on the edision, but anyway I don't need to keep it, just have it delayed by 15-30 minutes. At 7 I can watch RTE1+1 anyway. I want to progress from the Edision for the 7 day EPG, the RTE Player, a browser when I can get a plugin, (lot of confusion about this on the blogs), and eventually I want to set up the Oscam, as another of these boxes is going abroad hopefully to allow a family member watch RTE .

You only need those 2 files on the usb drive ,yes ,you can replace them with my files.

You upgrade the image from a plugin within Spark ,see here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83252495&postcount=2

How did you flash the box before ?
    I used this 3 step routine in the past, it's on the freetv.ie site.
    1..Boot into Spark & insert usb key, when asked to install plugin click "YES"
    plugin installs (takes 10sec) then box reboots.
    2..When box reboots Im asked to install plugin again but this time I click "NO" & goto MENU/PLUGINS & install plugin_e2upgrade.s (takes about 1min), when complete I power off the box.
    3..Pressing OK I power the box & select ENIG from the boot option & press OK & box should boot fully into enigma2.

freetv.ie have links to the files mentioned above which I managed to install them correctly but I don't like the openARP image they supply but when I replace then with yours the box gets stuck in boot at the 3rd & final step:confused:

• Advertisement

@Deezell

You can watch something you are currently recording, just go into folder to view, it stops when you catch up with real time, then just flick the channel on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement