Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chuculainn Skoda challange.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I know who the 1st 5 riders back to the Fairways are in the 130km,and they did it in 3hr 45 mins approx,6th was home in approx 3hr 55 . Chip timing results are all mixed up.

Anything sub 4 hours is a super time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I know who the 1st 5 riders back to the Fairways are in the 130km,and they did it in 3hr 45 mins approx,6th was home in approx 3hr 55 . Chip timing results are all mixed up.

I agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭zindicato

logik wrote: »
    Yes, it must have been you so :) It was the new kit with the pink details. Looked really well actually, will have the purchase one :)

Thanks for making the effort to come down and give the route a go.

no bother was actually hoping to see another boardsie but alas twas only me cos normally you see one or two in most events...one thing though you forgot the customary boardsie shout when you see one:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Lambretta

Well done to CCC on this event, beautiful scenery, great marshalling, volunteering and support at the top of the hills. Off particular note, I noticed the mechanical support was ultra efficient .

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

It was a super day, I know it is customary to compliment the support and marshalling but they really were excellent. There seemed a constant and assuring presence of support vehicles. The views and scenery, particularly the hills above Carlingford were awesome. A great place to cycle. fair play Cuchulainn CC and all associated with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

I did the Skoda Dragon Sportive in Enniscorthy earlier in the year and have to say the series is a great addition to the calendar.

The chipped timing is very hit & miss unless they install timing mats or a gantry at the feedstop though. At this stage I think the majority of the cyclists are using a Garmin or computer to record their personal time more accurately in any case. Where they are excellent though is in alerting the MC or DJ as to who is crossing the finish line which can greatly add to the atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

It was a super day, I know it is customary to compliment the support and marshalling but they really were excellent. There seemed a constant and assuring presence of support vehicles. The views and scenery, particularly the hills above Carlingford were awesome. A great place to cycle. fair play Cuchulainn CC and all associated with it.

Another spin up in that neck of the woods next Sunday.
    Minnie Clarke Tour leaving Crossmaglen at 10.00am

http://feest-uk.com/Minnie-Clarke-Tour-Newry-2014

CPL 593H

Advertisement