Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby on Rails Grinds

Options
  • 10-07-2014 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anybody know of anybody offering the above in the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Do you have an exam on this topic coming up or do you just want to learn ?

I'd say an online course would be easier to find and cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

grahamor wrote: »
    Do you have an exam on this topic coming up or do you just want to learn ?

I'd say an online course would be easier to find and cheaper too.

I need some help completing my final year project to get it over the line and would like a second opinion from people other than lecturers if I'm being honest about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

You could try the rails section of http://www.codecademy.com/learn if you're stuck?

May be of some help.

Good luck with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 boogiewonder

Udemy have some great courses online that I'm using. There are plenty of other sites like TreeHouse, Lynda etc but I found Udemy to have the most options and the best courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

What aspect of RoR are you having problems with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Ask your questions here and try and do it yourself. I'd normally close this as a job advert but I'll leave it open to see if you can tell us what problem(s) you're encountering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

I found the new boston to be really good for php. I know they also do ruby tutorials might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

You won't get any better tutorial or grinds than the Michael Hartl Ruby On Rails tutorial in my opinion. His 3rd edition is being released soon and he has the draft of it online right now.

http://news.railstutorial.org/rails_tutorial_3rd_edition/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Just ask here and I'll see what I can do. Rails is pretty simple for te basics depends what you're after.

I picked up rails pretty easy but that's because I already had the OOP under my belt.

Advertisement