Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 15th Jul 19:00 COLM Cork Exiles FC

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah we werent great in parts, defensively while at times we were last ditch but we kept them out.

But yeah 3 mins to go and go 1 up.. then to get a decision against you with a few seconds left, harsh but thats the way it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Thought we were decent defensively. Thing is the back four must have defended about 30 or 40 moves in the game, maybe more. We were under constant pressure at the back almost the whole match. Impossible not to have little mistakes back there with that many opportunities for them to happen. Overall, we did okay though.
    Cork played their game well and we have to admit that we did well ourselves to take a point off them. Derek was definitely isolated up there and we struggled to get any attacks going.

And Murtagh - you took one for the team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

while of course its disappointing to concede a fairly dodgy penalty with 5 seconds to go (should have been a free out i thought also) i think we need to be honest with ourselves, us picking up 3 points would have been day light robbery.

they dominated the game and had about 70%+ possession. they missed 5 or 6 clear cut chances also and our goal led a charmed life for many reasons, alot of them were down to some great defending, poor finishing and alot of luck.

still, i think its a point gained as opposed to two dropped and we wont play as bad next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Class defending all game from keeper to back four you kept us in it, we should have lost by a cricket score. On reflection that's the best point we've ever stolen in a game.

Teams will drop points still a good good chance to lift it.

Not having subs does hurt in a big big way, people were tired at the end.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not having subs does hurt in a big big way, people were tired at the end.

Yep big time, in the heat of the last few weeks not having 3/4 lads to rotate off is very tough going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Yep big time, in the heat of the last few weeks not having 3/4 lads to rotate off is very tough going.

thought we were lathergic from the start to be honest and if anything, we played a bit better in the last 10 minutes.

also no keeper for friday, what a prat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

who's a prat? the guy who told you he could play but now pulled out?

who's a prat? the guy who told you he could play but now pulled out?

Yep, he said last week before our tuesday game he'd play.. he couldnt play last night and then said he cant play friday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

what time is the game friday ?

I think ED the only reason we were better in the last 10 is that the game opened up a bit more for us, they pushed out. for the entire game they played 3 in the middle, skinny guy, red hed guy and the baldy guy, for the last 10 they pushed the baldy guy up top with the pony tail guy which created more space for us and their defenders came out chasing the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

9 on Friday evening Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

First of all, great defending and a solid keeper (!!) saved us from a loss.
    They won almost every ball in the air in midfield so it was quite tough to get possession there. I think if we play against a defensively strong team again, we should see that the wingers push further to the center and help out there. This way Derek isn't left alone against two guys. That's what they were doing quite well with three guys up front (getting numbers in the center)
    Well let's get a win next week!
    Good luck on Friday!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They were again very strong down the middle like in the last game, so forcing them wide was a good plan. There was no time in the middle at all. They certainly played wide in the second half with so many crosses, which was not a very fruitful tactic, bar one chance when they sneaked in behind and headed straight at Ed from a yard. Fullbacks did very well defensively second half, I thought. Julius did an excellent job second half as an outlet coming on.

They are a much better side than what I saw of Ballalley, so really it's four points gained.

Advertisement