Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended cat sitters in or near Maynooth?

Options
  • 10-07-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm a student in Maynooth, just got a house where I'll be sharing with 3 lads I don't know, and I have a cat. They said they like animals so having him there will be fine, but I have to go away from the morning of the 1st of August til the evening of the 3rd, and I don't think it would be right to ask them to feed him or anything.

What I want ideally is someone who could look after him at their house for the couple of days at not too astronomical a fee (I'm a broke student with a very limited budget). It doesn't need to be anyone 'professional' who requires that the cats have had vaccinations and stuff, just someone trustworthy who will look after him til I get back. I'm not sure how it all works but I can provide the cat food/litter and whatever else for the couple of days.

I'm pretty desperate here, any advice or suggestions of who to contact would be wonderful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

You could put a notice up on some of the boards in the college - though its pretty quiet for the summer break. You could put an ad up in some of the local shops. housemydog.com might have someone nearby - they do cats too. woofys.ie is a cattery in Straffan. caninecountryclub.ie is in Sallins. tuckmill boarding kennels is in straffan too - they do cats also I believe. You could phone your local vet for a list of nearby catteries

But really, if you are living in a house with 3 people, who you will be sharing with long term, and your cat will be living there too, maybe you should think about leaving your cat in their care - is your cat an indoor only cat? will it be used to this new place by the time you are going away? This will be the cats future home, it might be a good idea to leave your cat there while you are away - its no work to feed an animal twice/day or whatever - and at least unlike a dog your new housemates wouldnt have to walk it!

Advertisement