Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Provinces 2014

Options
  • 10-07-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, who's racing on Saturday. Noticed a couple of familiar names from here on the start list.

I'm most interested in seeing how many lads show up with freshly shaved legs following recent research :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

BTH wrote: »
    So, who's racing on Saturday. Noticed a couple of familiar names from here on the start list.

I'm most interested in seeing how many lads show up with freshly shaved legs following recent research :)

Ha i wont be there Saturday Eugene but i have freshly shaven legs :D

Hope the swimming has improved :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Ha i wont be there Saturday Eugene but i have freshly shaven legs :D

Hope the swimming has improved :pac:

I'll find out on Saturday whether its improved or not, but it probably hasn't considering I havent swam since HOTW :)

A master class in race organisation today in Lanesboro. The venue of the 2015 Sprint champs???

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭loudeac

A great event and fantastic organization from Lanesbourgh
    N C next year a must
    Well done setting the example how to do it right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

For someone who wasn't there what was so good about this race that you can share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭loudeac

Excuse me I had the curry post race hmmh?

MojoMaker wrote: »
    For someone who wasn't there what was so good about this race that you can share?

Closed roads. To the point that pedestrians were stopped from crossing the road on the bridge before anyone was even out of the water, and the footpath through the middle of town kept clear for the run finish (there was a marshal cycling up and down keeping it clear of pedestrians from the first athlete to the last). Absolute priority given to athletes on the bridge that was open road, no matter how congested traffic got either side. Great location and set up with parking/transition/finish line right beside each other but with no problems of one interferring with the other.

Once again TI biking marshals could have done more, but from the club's perspective this was faultless and I'm delighted to see how this race has grown since I did it in its first year in 2011. Good to see the home county putting on a good race (even if 19km of it is in connaught).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

Fantastic race, all the little things planned out and some of the friendliest marshals in the land. Well done Lanesborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Have to agree wit everything said above....great event and great organisation....although it gota bit close wit the registration at the start

I forgot about bike security in transition. Again, this was spot on, very secure and checked on the way out after the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

It's Connacht!!! :D I was going to say it's good enough for you to live but alas...........

pgibbo wrote: »
    It's Connacht!!! :D I was going to say it's good enough for you to live but alas...........

HAHA, greetings from Kerry :rolleyes:, but I did get one night in Connacht/Connaught this weekend.

I see NS points are updated already as well. Thats some turnaround. Took Athy six weeks to pull the finger out of their arses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭MAntoD

Extremely well run race on Saturday in Lanesborough. A very safe and accurate course with plenty of marshals and volunteers ensuring the event went off smoothly. As was said above, the TI marshals need to up their game despite the drafting penalty increases but other than that I've no complaints.

On a side note: surely, in warm weather, that swim would have to be non-wetsuit? Had a few experienced heads saying that the water on Sat was even a little on the warm side despite the rain.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

MAntoD wrote: »
    On a side note: surely, in warm weather, that swim would have to be non-wetsuit? Had a few experienced heads saying that the water on Sat was even a little on the warm side despite the rain.....

Very unusual location as the water coming out of the power station is hot (as in feels like a hot bath) whereas further out it is relatively cold as the Shannon flows through there. You would always find a spot to measure the temp that would result in a wetsuit legal swim. Depends where you want to measure though!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Diesel

And if you were there - Did you smile for the camera ??

Images from Saturday;
    > https://www.flickr.com/photos/jhshelley/sets/72157645653555385/
    > https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotod2h/sets/72157645713928623/

My first time at this location, and from what I saw - I liked.. Great spot.
    Crooked lake this year was NS champs.. and is very tight and busy - which by the way is part of it's charm.
    But Lanesboro...wide open and well well laid out. As above - Swim/Transition/Finish/Car parking...all alongside without any being in the way.

Congrats to all - especially considering the light rain, no one I heard of slid out !
    Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

EC1000 wrote: »
    Very unusual location as the water coming out of the power station is hot (as in feels like a hot bath) whereas further out it is relatively cold as the Shannon flows through there. You would always find a spot to measure the temp that would result in a wetsuit legal swim. Depends where you want to measure though!

so great spot for an late april triathlon ;-)

Advertisement