Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rates for scrapping a car?

• 10-07-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Thought I would start a new thread for this one as a previous one is more than a year old - hope that's ok.

I have an old Daihatsu jeep which I need to scrap - everything is sound except the chassis which is well and truly rotted. It might just about drive onto the road but ideally I need a scrap yard that collects. I'm near Hospital in Co. Limerick and was hoping for recommendations of who might collect the jeep and pay me into the bargain?! Or is that too much to hope for? Just want to get an idea so I won't be ripped off when I make the call. Definitely need a Certificate of Destruction so no cowboys. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You'll do well to get €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Going rate for scrap is about €100 per ton. However you will get less if someone has to come out and collect it. I suggest ringing a few scrap yards for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

You can get it collected and scrapped for free here at scrapmycar. ie

Got €150 for a Nissan Vanette 3 months ago. Autobreak came and collected it too

Also, end of life cert came in the door the following week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

The missus got 100 for her 2001 Fiat Seicento a few weeks ago. They came and collected it, issued cert on the spot. (Castletroy, Limerick)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Thanks everybody - looking good for a bit of cash as well so, and boy do I need it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Auto break are good people to deal with

Advertisement